Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Which team do you dislike and why?

124»

Comments

• Options
    edited November 2012
    DA9 - whilst a number of hoops fans abused me during the troubles and my army experiences have always made me weary of them, it hasnt always been that way - Leigh Roose their keeper was awarded a Military Medal for Bravery and is commemorated on the Theipval Memorial, William Angus was a Celtic playing Victoria Cross holder from Givenchy in 1915, Celtic lost seven players in the Great War so the poppy burning has always been a little odd.

Palace can also claim a VC link as Donald Bell played amateur for them when he was teacher training at Westminster College though he was on Bradford Park Avenues books when he joined up in September 1914, his was a posthumous award for two actions on the Somme whilst in the Green Howards. Perhaps this should have gone on the poppy thread so apologies for going off topic and I really dont want to open up a sectarian debate as NI is in (and I want to remain) in my past

Now Everton, there is a proper football club!
  • Options
    SE7toSG3 said:

DA9 - whilst a number of hoops fans abused me during the troubles and my army experiences have always made me weary of them, it hasnt always been that way - Leigh Roose their keeper was awarded a Military Medal for Bravery and is commemorated on the Theipval Memorial, William Angus was a Celtic playing Victoria Cross holder from Givenchy in 1915, Celtic lost seven players in the Great War so the poppy burning has always been a little odd.

Palace can also claim a VC link as Donald Bell played amateur for them when he was teacher training at Westminster College though he was on Bradford Park Avenues books when he joined up in September 1914, his was a posthumous award for two actions on the Somme whilst in the Green Howards. Perhaps this should have gone on the poppy thread so apologies for going off topic and I really dont want to open up a sectarian debate as NI is in (and I want to remain) in my past

Now Everton, there is a proper football club!

wolves, (me nose broken by a big hard man when i was young)
    chelsea, ( enough said: Love Killers goal for the 3-2)
    spanners, (really ? You have to ask ?)
    Cowdenbeth, (See ESFC)
    looting & mugging (Its a DHFC thang!)

• Options
    DA9 said:

Celtic

Sporting wing of the IRA, and the majority of their fans are rabid republican anti British plastic paddy numpties. Disrupted Remembrance Sunday silences many a time with booing, sing IRA songs and hold aloft banners about "blood soaked poppies" despise them with a passion.

Probably out of order to ask, but, Why, at this time of year especially, do we need to bring up the Scottish/Irish/Religious divide ? Started as "Who don't you like/why" ? thread.
    I think we all get Rangers/Celtic don't like each other, and I'm sure there are other sites you can go on and slag each other off. Hey, my life is shit, but I like reading about CAFC on here.....
    Kiddies: Play nicely or God will take his world and Fuck off.

• Options

Everton. Was just a kid when they drew with us at the Valley in 1959 when we looked like going through to the fourth round. Was gutted when they equalised late in the game just hated being surrounded by their fans going absolutely delirious. One knocked my bobble hat off my head in celebration so never will be forgiven.

didn't realise oppo fans travelled that much in those days , prolly london based ..... how many did everton have ??

No segregation don't forget so no idea what numbers. Apart from local derbys you are right it was unusual to notice away fans. That is why it was memorable, first time I had away fans in my face.

• Options

DA9 said:

Celtic

Sporting wing of the IRA, and the majority of their fans are rabid republican anti British plastic paddy numpties. Disrupted Remembrance Sunday silences many a time with booing, sing IRA songs and hold aloft banners about "blood soaked poppies" despise them with a passion.

Probably out of order to ask, but, Why, at this time of year especially, do we need to bring up the Scottish/Irish/Religious divide ? Started as "Who don't you like/why" ? thread.
    I think we all get Rangers/Celtic don't like each other, and I'm sure there are other sites you can go on and slag each other off. Hey, my life is shit, but I like reading about CAFC on here.....

With you all the way MOG.
  • Options
    Glasgow Rangers
    Tottenham
    Leeds
  • Options

Glasgow Rangers
    Chelsea
    Sheffield Wednesday
    Birmingham City
    Perth Glory (Australia)
    Real Madrid

why Perth glory ormiston?
  • Options
    west ham. there supporters think there the dogs proverbial. danny dyer w@#ker wanna be's. melbourne victory in oz, kevin muscat connections.
  • Options
    In fairness DA9 and I actually COMPLETELY disagree with him and as you will see above The Rangers are one of my disliked teams but the thread is "Which Team do you dislike and why?," He appears to have done what the thread asks.
  • Options

DA9 said:

Celtic

The thread asked which teams you dislike and why, I did not mention religion, my fiancé is Irish catholic and my newly born son will be baptised catholic, I am no bigot.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

In fairness DA9 and I actually COMPLETELY disagree with him and as you will see above The Rangers are one of my disliked teams but the thread is "Which Team do you dislike and why?," He appears to have done what the thread asks.

This
  • Options
    Sorry. Just get wound-up over the "Religious" stuff in football. (Don't even know why).
    Apologies.
  • Options

Sorry. Just get wound-up over the "Religious" stuff in football. (Don't even know why).
    Apologies.

No biggy fella :-)

• Options

Charlton

Frustrate you, show you glimpses of success only for them to be snatched away.

Never thump teams 6 or 7 (seven) - 0 even when walking league one.

Will be the last result in when watching soccer saturday

Will be 2 up on 80 mins gone and then concede to make it a nail biting last 10 minutes.

Sell their best young players

The fans sing too fast.

Move grounds far too often

But for some reason I kept coming back for more : - )

You forgot about the potholes in their car park, disgraceful