Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Potential FA Cup Game - MK Dons Vs AFC Wimbledon

Comments

• Options
    A friend of a friend is an MK Dons fan who used to be Wimbledon. When I asked him about it a couple of years back, he wasn't really able to put his finger on why he didn't join the AFC Wimbledon movement. He just kinda carried on with the same club as he didn't really know any better.

He did say though that he lost some good friends over it who haven't spoken to him in years.
  • Options
    How could anyone switch to Spurs?! Feck me I'd rather go to Milton Keynes!
  • Options
    From the BBC Website:

Some AFC supporters have suggested they will not attend the second-round match between the teams at Stadium MK on 2 December, so as not to give funds to a club they believe should not exist.

"They do have a history of boycotting their team. So I wouldn't be surprised," said Winkelman.
  • Options
    Wow, i hope they smash the gaff up now.
  • Options
    If it was Charlton in AFC Wimbledon's position, I personally don't think I would be able to stop myself from wanting to be there.
  • Options
    I hope AFC tear them a new a-hole
  • Options
    MK are trying to make a name for themselves by being some sort of pantomime villain, how pathetic.
  • Options

MK are trying to make a name for themselves by being some sort of pantomime villain, how pathetic.

Oh no it isn't.
  • Options
    Hearing their fans singing "No one likes us" is the ultimate cringe.
  • Options
    They have fans?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    MK are a massive pile of w*nk, and I hope AFC stuff them.
  • Options
    Winkleman is a prick. Hopefully they smash that shit hole of a ground up
  • Options
    I've often heard it said that AFC weren't exactly liked in non league football and plenty of clubs were glad to see the back of them, but why is this? Surely their huge support was good for non league football?
  • Options

I've often heard it said that AFC weren't exactly liked in non league football and plenty of clubs were glad to see the back of them, but why is this? Surely their huge support was good for non league football?

I think having a large support meant there were more idiots than normal that would then go on to cause trouble or start something, when nearly all non league fans are just there to support and take in a game of football. I can see that being an issue.
  • Options
    Wimbledon fans had an arrogance about them before they finally made it into the league. They looked down on all those around them so I've heard from many older non-league fans.

Personally I feel nothing towards them and don't give a shit about the up-coming cup match apart from a morbid fascination like watching a couple of drunk midgets having a scrap....
  • Options
    Has anyone actually counted how many of the 92 league clubs are still playing at the same gound they were 20 years ago (AFC Wimbledon aren't, I know that, because they didn't exist), and

What the furthest distance moved is - excluding temporary moves like Brighton to Gillingham, Chester to Macclesfield and Bristol Rovers to Bath?
  • Options

What the furthest distance moved is - excluding temporary moves like Brighton to Gillingham, Chester to Macclesfield and Bristol Rovers to Bath?

Bolton?
  • Options

Wimbledon fans had an arrogance about them before they finally made it into the league. They looked down on all those around them so I've heard from many older non-league fans.

Nothing wrong with "looking down on other clubs".
    In football that is not really an issue is it?

Some might say it worked, they got out of those leagues.
  • Options

I think having a large support meant there were more idiots than normal that would then go on to cause trouble or start something, when nearly all non league fans are just there to support and take in a game of football. I can see that being an issue.
    Yeah I posted about this some time back... but you have the gist of the it. They brought a whole heap of attitude, trouble, aggression and the annoying resemblance of Millwall in blaming everyone else for their own fans behaviour... its not our fault, you sold us beer, you don't understand us, you don't have enough stewards.. all of these things obviously reasons for their fans to kick off and attack women and children, smash up grounds and generally act like twats.

Can't stand the fking lot of them and I hope the get turned over by Franchise FC
  • Options
    Did somebody get a toeing from a Womble WoW?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Did Winkelman actually say that?
  • Options
    Saturday's programme at MK should be interesting, as they normally give a potted history of the opposition.
  • Options

Saturday's programme at MK should be interesting, as they normally give a potted history of the opposition.

AFC Wimbledon were formed in 2002 after we stole their club and moved it here.

• Options
    edited November 2012
    Nicholas said:
    Thanks Nicholas...I think Winkelman starts off well there, if he's looking for a concilliatory stance, but then finishes with a good few snidey, if attempting to be subtle, digs at the Wimbledon fans. Not sure that is going to help the atmosphere!!

Have mentioned my cousin above. He's been told that police are looking at bussing them (Wimbledon) in and only handing tickets over at the ground. A lot of them are looking at getting tickets in the home end...where there's usually a lot of empty seats!!
  • Options
    It'll never work. They'll stand out a mile - by virtue of bothering to turn up
  • Options
    No prob Tel. There was no need for his comments at the end, it's just adding fuel to the fire which is great for the neutral but I have feeling its going to kick off all over the place and a lot of fans from other teams are going to turn up and cause trouble.
  • Options
    I would think it would kick off but I don't reckon there'll be any mk fans to kick off with!
  • Options
    MrLargo said:

rikofold said:

For the record, Wimbledon's FA Cup win is officially part of AFC Wimbledon's history, not MK Dons.

Although I agree that it shouldn't be part of MK's history, I also don't think it should be part of AFC's either. They were a newly formed club.

Wanderers FC won the FA Cup 5 times between 1872-78 before folding. As they were a London club, Maybe we should try and claim those honours and say that they were the 'prototype' for what is now known as Charlton?
    The only constants in a football club are its supporters and, to a slightly lesser extent, its location. Players, Management and ownership all change on an ongoing basis. The people who support AFC Wimbledon are largely the same people who supported Wimbledon FC when they won the FA Cup, and on that basis I would say that Wimbledon FC's previous honours belong to them.
    I thought MK Dons handed back to AFC the FA Cup "stuff" and accepted historically it was AFC's rather than theirs a season or two ago.
  • Options
    An AFC fan got punched in the bar at Maidstone united a few years ago for being a menace. No firm to back him up. Lots of football factory watchers to call the old boy who donked him a mug etc, but no worse