Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Potential FA Cup Game - MK Dons Vs AFC Wimbledon

Comments

• Options
    Thanks for that post, moutuokilla.

Very sad but so pleased the story has a happy ending.

Nothing but contempt for MKDons.
  • Options

Personally I'd like to see fans of as many clubs as possible fill the stadium and all support AFC. It would be a pretty big statement of revulsion at MKD and the revenue is split anyway.

Completly Agree send out a message from the football family about not losing our heritage and soul in the clubs.
  • Options
    In a strange way I hope McFranchise win tonight. I have been 100% behind the real Dons from before the start - I was one of the 6000 there to see that very first friendly and have seen them on numerous occasions in strange places such as Merstham- but league meetings are only a single relegation or promotion away in any case and I think the time has possibly come. I rather like Airman's idea as well.
  • Options
    Mkfranchise 3 up... It's on!!!!!!
  • Options
    3-1. The fightback begins
  • Options

3-1. The fightback begins

Not now 6-1.
  • Options
    It was brief, I grant you
  • Options
    Bundle!
  • Options
    I might go and sit in the afc end
  • Options

why not afc wimbledon moutakilla ?.Don't think I could ever support another professional club. I would have to go non league.

Me and my dad started to watch wimbledon when i was a kid as he wanted to take me to football and the tickets were fantastically priced, the fact that i lived just down the road from merton whilst young didn't really come into it, so it wasn't so much an affinity with the place i developed, but the club itself. So i felt when they turned into mk dons the club was no more, and afc wimbledon was just a new club formed by former fans. I suppose it is hard to know what you would do unless you are actually in this situation yourself.

Our local clubs consisted of crystal palace and crawley - obviously we were not going to choose palace and i really dislike Crawley, it's just not a great place. Charlton were always one of the teams we wanted to do well, and they were not like other clubs in london that we felt animosity towards, it was a nicely run club and fairly local, so we started to watch them, and it just went from there. I did worry for a while that we were a curse as things started to go downhill for charlton shortly after we stopped watching them, but they turned things around and we turned out not to be after all :)

Maybe it's a bit like being in your first relationship and thinking it is going to last forever and then for whatever reason it breaks down and you think you will never love again... lo and behold you do.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Wow Moutuakilla, what a story.
    We're lucky to have you & your Dad on board now.
    I wish this tie was not at MK, cos I would go support AFC. But I vowed a long time ago I would never pay any money to MK ever.
    No to Franchise FC!
    So could have been us it makes me sick to think of it.
    LLLBH!
  • Options
    Time to start up the bandwagon!
  • Options

I wish this tie was not at MK, cos I would go support AFC. But I vowed a long time ago I would never pay any money to MK ever.

but being the cup, you would be paying as much to mk as afc if it were the case.
  • Options
    Will AFC go to the game though or boycott like our fans
  • Options

I might go and sit in the afc end

Thought you was going to the (rusty) toolbox that day ?

• Options
    The game will probably be moved to Sunday. There will be loads of neutrals so impossible to tell if there's been a boycott.
  • Options
    MK franchise boss Karl Robinson thinks its ok as "AFC Wimbledon were formed before MK Dons"

WTF is this man on? Everyone connected with that club is utterly clueless and without shame over what's been done.
  • Options
    I have been looking forward to this fixture ever since AFC Wimbledon started. I hope that the AFC fans go in their thousands.
  • Options
    Karl Robinson doesn't seem to be helping matters does he
  • Options
    buckshee said:

MK franchise boss Karl Robinson thinks its ok as "AFC Wimbledon were formed before MK Dons"

WTF is this man on? Everyone connected with that club is utterly clueless and without shame over what's been done.

Technically he's right. MK Dons were formed AFTER AFC Wimbledon.

He's still an idiot though.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

but being the cup, you would be paying as much to mk as afc if it were the case.
    True dat, but I'd make myself feel better by purchasing lots of pies & ales to counter it ;)

The Franchise manager is an eejit!
  • Options
    My cousin, who was brought up in Wimbledon and has been heavily involved in AFC from the start, sent me a text this morning to see if I wanted to go. I have always boycotted CowTown out of respect for him and Wimbledon, but can see that this is a game they have waited for for a long time. I assume it will be a TV game, but not sure when they'll move it to. If it doesn't clash with the spanners, I may just go along and support AFC with him.

Not sure about some of the comments on here. I get that Wimbledon may not have been able to go on and by forming AFC, the fans aknowledged this and started again. BUT, the FA should never have "sold" the league position to Winkelman and it should have gone to the next conference side due up. That was a disgrace and the charade that MK operated under at the outset, pretending to be the old Wimbledon, just left a really bad taste.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    AFC chairman has said he will probably only shake hands with his opposite number if they drop Dons. I hope that the animosity on the day stays purely at a verbal level.
  • Options
    Kap10 said:

AFC chairman has said he will probably only shake hands with his opposite number if they drop Dons. I hope that the animosity on the day stays purely at a verbal level.

Wishful thinking.
  • Options
    fattmatt said:

I have been looking forward to this fixture ever since AFC Wimbledon started. I hope that the AFC fans go in their thousands.

Unlike when they were plain old Wimbledon.
    If they had turned up in their thousands would never have needed to move in first place.

as someone once sang - 'you don't know what you've got till it's gone'

• Options
    I've a feeling the animosity on the day is going to be thicker than anything we've seen in this country in a while. I've got an image of repetitive pitch invasions, fans breaking down turnstiles etc! But then again, nobody really knows as something like this has never happened before, which is what makes it so interesting.
  • Options
    cafctom said:

I've a feeling the animosity on the day is going to be thicker than anything we've seen in this country in a while. I've got an image of repetitive pitch invasions, fans breaking down turnstiles etc! But then again, nobody really knows as something like this has never happened before, which is what makes it so interesting.

I think AFC/neutral fans in attendance will vandalise the stadium.
  • Options
    i bet nothing happens.
  • Options

i bet nothing happens.

I would say more likely to happen then not ;)
  • Options

i bet nothing happens.

Aye, I've jinxed it now!