Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Potential FA Cup Game - MK Dons Vs AFC Wimbledon

Comments

• Options
    York 1-0 up. Wimbledon look poor.
    Looks like McDons will be safe for another year!
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    1-1 it's back on!
    York down to 10 men after a red card tackle on our old boy Yussuf in the build up to the goal
  • Options
    2-1 Wimbledon 13 mins left
  • Options
    DanDavis said:

buckshee said:

I bet they had a better average at Selhurst in the prem than we did

We were never in the premier league at Selhurst.

We were in the equivalent at the time (1st Division).

There is a slight difference, we were in the top flight at Selhurst during a terrible time for football, with poor crowds, when you could turn up on the day without a ticket to watch the likes of Arsenal and Spurs. Wimbledon's time in the top flight coincided with the launch of the Premier League, the influx of Sky Tv money, and the after effects of Italia 90, with crowds rising significantly.

• Options
    Ooooh York equalise in the last minute of normal time!
    Extra time beckons
  • Options
    York it is then
  • Options
    C'mon York!
  • Options
    Noticed Wimbledon have built new stand behind the goal. It wasn't blue seats when we played pre-season couple of years back.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    wimbledon 3-2 up
  • Options
    3-2 Wimbledon, extra man starting to show now
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    4-2
  • Options
    4-2 now, two goals in two minutes. Wimbledon getting the job done
  • Options

Noticed Wimbledon have built new stand behind the goal. It wasn't blue seats when we played pre-season couple of years back.

It's only recently been built.

• Options
    have the franchise played their replay yet? or are they already through?
  • Options
    MK Dons' replay is tomorrow night at home to Cambridge City
  • Options
    you would think they can get through that. the tie is on.
  • Options
    Watch MK lose on purpose
  • Options

Watch MK lose on purpose

That might not be as ridiculous as it sounds

• Options
    4-3 2 minutes left! Squeaky womble bums
  • Options
    Full time Wimbledon 4-3 York City. Over to you McDons
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    C'mon Cambridge!
  • Options
    AFC fans singing "we're coming for you"
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:

I didn't think they were going at all?!

Do non-Wimbledon fans feel stronger about the 'morals' than the actual fans it affected? I bet they take over 1,000 if MK win...

• Options
    WSS said:

J BLOCK said:

I didn't think they were going at all?!

Do non-Wimbledon fans feel stronger about the 'morals' than the actual fans it affected? I bet they take over 1,000 if MK win...

Think it will be split amongst fans, those fans not recognising MK Dons as a team and not going and those with a lot of anger wanting to go.
  • Options
    Well this could get tasty........
  • Options
    I can speak first hand of this situation. I watched wimbledon from the age of 10, season ticket holder, used to love going down there. I was very excited at first when the new owners came in, then egil olsen was soon on the scene and that season it was absolutely awful. The next season in the now championship was pretty exciting, narrowly missing out on the play-offs. Then whilst i was happily thinking of good times to come, the owners suddenly pulled the plugged and we were put into administration. Then comes the asset stripping of the club - all the good players sold for next to nothing - mostly snapped up by that smug git pardew. The move to milton keynes being ratified etc. This is when the boycott happened. I was one of only about 700 that season that decided not to boycott the club, it was still the club i had been watching for about 7 years - we were heavily involved in talks with the chairman, then charles koppell, and the new man on the scene - peter winkleman about how it would save the club etc. and me an my dad were willing to give it a try. We were involved in choosing the new name and new logo, actually quite a cool logo was selected and wimbledon mk was the preferred choice of name. We headed up to milton keynes and watched the team for the rest of the season putting in appalling performances and subsequently going down at the shite hole that was the national hockey stadium. The season finished, we went down, and then came the final kick in the teeth - new name - mk dons, completely new crest, some wine glass, all the talk of the fans being involved in the starting up of the new club thrown out of the window. We felt like we had been completely lied to, nothing we were told was going to happen, happened, and from that point on we felt we could no longer continue going up there. They were no longer Wimbledon, and neither were afc wimbledon.

We moved on and found a lovely local club called Charlton and fell in love and lived happily ever after :)

I think we as the fans of the club that stuck by them were treated despicably and i do hope that if this match happens they lose.
  • Options
    That'll do for me Moutuakilla, the result that all true Wimbledon fans will want on 1st December is a heavy defeat for Millwall. Couldn't agree more. ;-)

Seriously, that's quite a story. Thanks for giving us your insider's perceptions. I'm intrigued though, how did you find "a lovely local club called Charlton"? Was it a conscious decision to find another team or did it just happen by chance? And how many of you are there, is it one or two or are there a fair number of ex-Dons following Charlton? Do you meet up sometimes behind the Covered End to reminisce about life at Plough Lane?
  • Options
    Personally I'd like to see fans of as many clubs as possible fill the stadium and all support AFC. It would be a pretty big statement of revulsion at MKD and the revenue is split anyway.
  • Options
    why not afc wimbledon moutakilla ?.Don't think I could ever support another professional club. I would have to go non league.
  • Options

why not afc wimbledon moutakilla ?.Don't think I could ever support another professional club. I would have to go non league.

My feelings as well.