Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Under 21's vs Brentford ***Kermorgant Returns**

Comments

• Options
    He is like benty IMO quick powerful and the way he moves across the pitch I haven't seen since Darren bent was in the club

Silva and Azeez compliment each other we have a real partnership there we will be lucky to keep them
  • Options

He is like benty IMO quick powerful and the way he moves across the pitch I haven't seen since Darren bent was in the club

Silva and Azeez compliment each other we have a real partnership there we will be lucky to keep them

well. it would be nice to see them in the first team before they leave to play elsewhere. I still don't know why we keep signing all these loan players when we have plenty of youngsters coming through.

I've said it before I'll say it again - if we had Wilfred Zaha he would still be playing U21's games & not playing for England !!

• Options
    I do think we need to try players like Azeez especially

This kid is the real deal IMO and some of the scouts and coaching staff of the youth team if anything happens to Danny Haynes there's the replacement
  • Options

I do think we need to try players like Azeez especially

This kid is the real deal IMO and some of the scouts and coaching staff of the youth team if anything happens to Danny Haynes there's the replacement

I'm sure BWP will have something to say about that.

• Options
    Better than bwp already
  • Options

well. it would be nice to see them in the first team before they leave to play elsewhere. I still don't know why we keep signing all these loan players when we have plenty of youngsters coming through.

I've said it before I'll say it again - if we had Wilfred Zaha he would still be playing U21's games & not playing for England !!

Ahem. You remember Jonjo Shelvey, right? and all the muppets who slagged him off and abused him?

You need to pick the time and place to bring the kids in. Atmosphere around the club and within the fanbase has been a bit too volatile so far this season, I'd say. If we are heading for mid-table and a bit of stability in the next few weeks, especially over Christmas, then that could be a decent time.

• Options
    Our best academy product ever is Scott Parker. He is testament to bringing in a player correctly and was rarely played in his teens. I trust the coaches to be doing their job well.
  • Options

Better than bwp already

only seen Azeez about 3 times but don't ahead of yourself. I'm sure Azeez will be good, hopefully better than BWP, but he's not as good yet.
  • Options
    He is IMO
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Good to have Yann back, him and Frimpong just the sort of players we need fit and ready to go at the Den in a couple of weeks
  • Options
    I think you have to realise the level of opposition though. Azeez would not be capable of firing a League 1 team to promotion.
  • Options
    Maybe that hat trick will generate some interest in leagues 1 + 2.

We won't know just how good he is untill he's played a lot more football
  • Options
    Sometimes players can just play and they are good enough

I think that he is one of those and so do some of the guys who work with him

Give him a go in the fa cup should we pull a lower league team
  • Options
    Coppell and Gareth Ainsworth were both there today.I had a few words with Coppell as he was standing next to me.He said he was scouting but wouldn't say,for obvious reasons,who he was looking at.He is now Director of Football at Crawley.Ainsworth was deep in conversation with Euell I did my best to eavesdrop but they were just making small talk.
  • Options
    Azeez mate Its all about Azeez
  • Options
    Azeez is good, Azeez is good, you know Azeez is good.
  • Options

Maybe that hat trick will generate some interest in leagues 1 + 2.

We won't know just how good he is untill he's played a lot more football

I cant see a League one side really looking at him. I think a BSP loan or league 2 could be good though.
  • Options

Sometimes players can just play and they are good enough

I think that he is one of those and so do some of the guys who work with him

Give him a go in the fa cup should we pull a lower league team

If he was that good he would have played by now. I have heard he is highly rated though and can see him getting a run out soon. Just think talk of him being better than BWP and ready to play now is a bit premature. We don't need to rush him
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Ok here is the very latest up to date as at 7pm this evening U21's N & S league results clearly the most important one is us we are sitting top of the table 2 points clear after todays convincing win over Brentford who to be fair never gave up they were just outplayed by a well organised Charlton squad.

Games still to be played this week are tonight Cardiff City v Colchester 7pm and Swansea v QPR 7pm, and tomorrow Bristol City v Barnet. All of these games will not affect our top of the table position

Well done the U21's today

If anyone has a problem opening up the link I will post it in another format
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ha ....... 11 points clear of Millwall already.

Need to do the same in the Champs.

• Options
    edited November 2012

just in case the other link doesn't open and also the link to the OS game report

http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/20121119-u21s-report-496578.aspx
  • Options
    thanks Madadd - really encouraging stuff and good to get your views too.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

Ha ....... 11 points clear of Millwall already.

Need to do the same in the Champs.

Ha ha agree with you Oggy although Millwall did us a real favour today smashing the Tractor Boys 5-1

• Options
    Cheers GWE
  • Options
    If anything, 5-1 reflected an underestimate of Charlton's domination in a match that was played in Brentford's half. Charlton's formation was basically 2-6-2, with the 2 full backs playing as wingbacks, and hugging the touchlines. I arrived about 15 minutes late, so I don't know if they lined up like this from the beginning, or saw that they had no reason to stay back and then pushed forward. This gave us 4 bodies in central midfield, so we were winning all the second balls, pressing strongly when they had the ball, and could do quick, short range passing.

3 of our goals that I saw came from crosses rather than through the middle. Yann's goal came from a long diagonal ball that he tried to meet at the far post, but trod on it and fell over. When he sat up, he saw that the ball was stuck under his leg, and toe-poked it home. I don't know what the goalie was doing all this time.

There was a lot of slipping over, on both sides.

Their goal came after we were 5-0 up, when we seemed to lose concentration, in spite of Pope shouting for them to keep a clean sheet. Their best player, a little no.11 called Charlie Adam (no, not that one) ran through the middle and never looked like missing.

I agree with @bolloxbolder above that Dervite didn't have a good game, getting turned a few times and resorting to pulling the man down. It's strange, because the last game I watched he looked a cut above this level. He also looked to be carrying more weight than the others. Presumably he really wants the game time, as I doubt that anyone is insisting that he plays after featuring on Saturday.

I thought that our best midfielders were Bradley Jordan and Bover, although the latter sometimes overcomplicated play by turning 180 degrees with the ball when he could have accelerated forward. Both wingbacks looked very good going forwards.

Both Azeez's goals that I saw were simple finishes, but he had worked hard to make the space for himself. He did get caught offside a couple of times, not through his speed but by not watching the defensive line.

No queue for the bar at half time, so nobody missed the 3rd goal immediately after the restart.
    Crowd - 50 odd.
  • Options
    Ainsworth is Wycombe boss now so would be good to get Azeez, Cousin etc out to a League Two club
  • Options
    How the hell is Yann back before Wiggins??

Honestly guys, I'm getting a little bit scared of him now..
  • Options

How the hell is Yann back before Wiggins??

Honestly guys, I'm getting a little bit scared of him now..

He was one of the X-men in a previous life!
  • Options
    Broken ankle = 6 weeks recovery.

BEAST MODE.