Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Investors?

Comments

• Options
    Off_it said:

I can confirnm that the investors will be Asian/Russian Turkish Cypriots with links to a Swedish team who play in blue.

Don;t say I didn;t tell you first.

I only mentioned a Swedish link ... see SHG's post.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Stefan Persson? Main shareholder in H&M? Richest person in Sweden, eighth richest in the world? Apparently a supporter of Djurgardens IF who play in navy and sky blue stripes?

Interesting... hoping for that over Koc.
  • Options
    I hope it's the swedish connection. Abba doing VFR before the last game of the season....Bjorn Borg turning up again...it will be luvverly :-)
  • Options

European it is then...or not...maybe its Rick coming in with the wad he got from his payout. Makes perfect sense, Sack Rick, pay him millions hush money then let him buy the club. Club solvent and Valley Express running on time again.

You're a funny guy maybe. I mean what could be funnier than cracking jokes about a person losing their job?

And people wonder what harm trolls like this do to CL...
  • Options

Well I've just come off the phone to a friend of a friend and he reckons the new investors are actually a big consortium from mexico.

Are you sure they weren't just confused with Michael Owen on MOTD last night?

• Options
    Koc Holding, oh lor!
  • Options

Run by

Mustafa Koç

This is a spanner windup if ever i saw one.

They're bona fide.
  • Options
    New investor worth £26billion.
  • Options
    Think if we get serious investment then it would spell the end of CP - not a big enough name?
  • Options
    Koc I pronounced 'Kosh'

Had a very rich client at my old work called Omar Koc
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just looked up the company and found their logo................
    koc.jpg 59.8K
  • Options

Think if we get serious investment then it would spell the end of CP - not a big enough name?

hope not, having a rich owner who backs CP and lets him make his own signings would be perfect. Dont know if thats too much to ask for though...
  • Options

hope not, having a rich owner who backs CP and lets him make his own signings would be perfect. Dont know if thats too much to ask for though...
    Would be great if it happened....
  • Options
    For some reason Djurgardens are my Swedish team. Wouldn't mind either to be honest provided we get slow, sustainable growth and not an Abramovich style serial sacker
  • Options

The potential investor at The Valley yesterday was European.

go on

Unknowingly I spent the day with the investors son, I sat in the directors box and it is funny what you over hear.
    http://money.cnn.com/galleries/2010/fortune/1010/gallery.40_under_40.fortune/30.html

Is this the fella you was talking to?
  • Options
    So it's not the Turkish/Irish/French consortium?
    Coq O' Vin
  • Options
    Djurgardens was Hans Jeppson's team and more recently Jesper Blomqvist joined them when we released him.
  • Options
    Investor bingo
  • Options
    edited November 2012
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Oh god imagine being owned by 'koc'

Take a look at the board of directors.

Comedy goldmine!

http://www.koc.com.tr/en-us/Corporate/Board_of_Directors/Pages/BoardofDirectors.aspx

• Options

Now this has been brought up on another thread I feel brave enough to mention something I noticed 10-15mins before kick off.

A largeish group of Asian? men were led along the front of the west stand and up into the Directors seats.

2-3 of them sat apart from the others in and around where TJ has been spotted in the past. No idea if TJ was there or if it is relevant but it caught the eye of several people sitting near me.

• Options

European it is then...or not...maybe its Rick coming in with the wad he got from his payout. Makes perfect sense, Sack Rick, pay him millions hush money then let him buy the club. Club solvent and Valley Express running on time again.

You're a funny guy maybe. I mean what could be funnier than cracking jokes about a person losing their job?

And people wonder what harm trolls like this do to CL...
    Thanks for saying I'm funny, always good to have feedback.

• Options
    Well, I'm getting excited anyway.

Those belly dancing lessons I've been taking may well come in handy after all...

Kebabs & chips for the next POTY dinner , anyone ?

• Options

Reams seems to know something on into the valley

Not really. He says he knows something, which is not the same thing.

• Options
    Were Koc Holdings not something to do with Watford a few years back? (And no this is not an Elton John joke).
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:

Were Koc Holdings not something to do with Watford a few years back? (And no this is not an Elton John joke).

Did Watford have BEKO as shirt sponsors 4 or 5 years ago? If so, BEKO are owned by Koc Holdings I beleive.

• Options
    CAFCsayer said:

They own Beko who sponsored Watford.

• Options
    Didn't Beko also sponsor the spanners at one time?
  • Options

As previously said, I spent the day with thepotentialinvestors son, he was not Russian or a Cypriot. I was then pitchside whilst Slater was giving the red carpet treatment.

Why are you being so cryptic? Just tell us what you heard and what nationality the son is??