Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Investors?

edited November 2012 in General Charlton
Now this has been brought up on another thread I feel brave enough to mention something I noticed 10-15mins before kick off.

A largeish group of Asian? men were led along the front of the west stand and up into the Directors seats.

2-3 of them sat apart from the others in and around where TJ has been spotted in the past. No idea if TJ was there or if it is relevant but it caught the eye of several people sitting near me.

Comments

• Options
    Perhaps they got in on some of those free comp tickets.
  • Options
    Maybe they won them in a chocolate bar
  • Options

Maybe they won them in a chocolate bar

Sounds promising

• Options
    The potential investor at The Valley yesterday was European.
  • Options
    Oh well that screws it david cameron says europe is fkd
  • Options

go on

• Options
    I chink I know who you mean, but I might be wong
  • Options

Not nice

• Options

go on

Unknowingly I spent the day with the investors son, I sat in the directors box and it is funny what you over hear.
  • Options

I'm European and will be investing in a programme this Tuesday evening. I was also there yesterday, so the secret is now out there.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Seems like the floodlights problem is going to be resolved then with the new stanchions.

• Options

seriously do you think that's funny? I am Chinese and that's the kind of crap I don't expect to hear any more.

• Options

go on

Unknowingly I spent the day with the investors son, I sat in the directors box and it is funny what you over hear.
    Russian?
  • Options

go on

So the new owner is a comedian? That rules out Jim Davison : - )

So what funny thing did you overhear.

• Options
    Cypriots i have heard.
  • Options
    This is great. Sounds full of eastern promise.
  • Options
    Let's just hope they don't change the Club Badge :-(
  • Options
    dickplumb said:

Cypriots i have heard.

Interesting

• Options

go on

Are they in already or is this potential
  • Options
    As previously said, I spent the day with thepotentialinvestors son, he was not Russian or a Cypriot. I was then pitchside whilst Slater was giving the red carpet treatment.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I heard there were a Turkish group in the Directors box yesterday.

No idea if that is true or not.
  • Options

As previously said, I spent the day with thepotentialinvestors son, he was not Russian or a Cypriot. I was then pitchside whilst Slater was giving the red carpet treatment.

Was he/his Dad British ?
  • Options
    with all these chinese, russians, cypriots, turks (excluding cypriots) and miscellaneous europeans in the directors' box, little wonder that the crowd was over 20,000
  • Options
    That's why I asked mate you said the potential new investors and then you said you were with the investors son

Just wondered if it was done or not

Oh well we will soon see certainly makes sense with the crowd size i have no reason to doubt what you say but some may

Well done for saying what you know
  • Options
    European it is then...or not...maybe its Rick coming in with the wad he got from his payout. Makes perfect sense, Sack Rick, pay him millions hush money then let him buy the club. Club solvent and Valley Express running on time again.
  • Options
    as long as blue is not their favorite colour.
  • Options
    thanks A2TR, tell us anything else you might hear.
  • Options

That's why I asked mate you said the potential new investors and then you said you were with the investors son

Oh well we will soon see certainly makes sense with the crowd size i have no reason to doubt what you say but some may

Thanks NLA, i understood this before posting.
    bloodnut said:

This made me laugh, his son was in fact wearing a blue football kit, a Swedish team i believe.
  • Options

dickplumb said:

Cypriots i have heard.

Interesting

The group I saw could quite concievably have been Cypriot. Long way away in the north upper.
  • Options

Thanks NLA, i understood this before posting.
    bloodnut said:

This made me laugh, his son was in fact wearing a blue football kit, a Swedish team i believe.
    IKEA?