Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New Investors?

Comments

• Sell solly use the money to invest in the team otherwise we may well be playing our football in league 1 .Now before you slag me off think about it take the rosé tinted glasses of if the money's not there it's the only thing left to do
  • Beckboy said:

Sell solly use the money to invest in the team otherwise we may well be playing our football in league 1 .Now before you slag me off think about it take the rosé tinted glasses of if the money's not there it's the only thing left to do

No.
  • Beckboy said:

Sell solly use the money to invest in the team otherwise we may well be playing Sullivanour football in league 1 .Now before you slag me off think about it take the rosé tinted glasses of if the money's not there it's the only thing left to do

I agree, 3 or 4 million could strengthen the midfield considerably and bring in a new right back.

• But no guarantees that any income from sales would be given to the manager .
  • yup selling your best players always works so well! for goodness sake! we were excellent for alto of yesterday. a team that knows each other will keep us up. not a team constructed 60% of the way through the season missing ourn best player. see parker sale and reinvestment for reference.
  • Some posters here and into the valley seem to think real life is a game of football manager!
  • Did we reinvest from the Parker sale? I thought the deal was done too late for us to spend any of the money? Could be wrong though. Anyway selling your best player is not ideal I agree BUT our midfield is woeful and I'm not do sure they do know one another from where I've been sitting.
  • We are charlton we have always sold our best players to survive what's the difference this time round ?
  • I always find it hilarious the way people just throw figures around for transfers. I read somewhere on here that selling BWP, Solly and Stephens would net us £7million. 7! Some people value Solly at £2m, others at £4m, some at £6m+. It's a completely pointless endeavour. If we sell Stephens for £2m and Solly for £3.5m (plus add-ons) we can then buy Perkins for £1.2m and then loan out Evina for a loan fee of £150,000. We then sell BWP for £1.5m, bring Boyd in for £1m, get Simon Cox for £3m and still have enough money left over to go to Nandos for tea. None of that is based in fact, I just wanted to play too.

Player values are dictated by what the people involved with the money are willing to pay and what the other side are willing to accept. As such we don't know what they are.Throwing around random numbers is just daft
  • Sponsored links:

• Did we reinvest from the Parker sale? I thought the deal was done too late for us to spend any of the money? Could be wrong though. Anyway selling your best player is not ideal I agree BUT our midfield is woeful and I'm not do sure they do know one another from where I've been sitting.

we spent a mighty 100k on Thomas. If I was offered the chance to sell Solly for 3-4 mil and Powell gets given it all to re-invest then I would take it. We could replace Solly and get a new CM and LM
  • This is nothing to do with new investment but BWP is worth zip as his contract ends at the end of the season. We do however get his wages off the books if he goes.
  • 3 or 4 million for Solly ? .. he's a decent player .. but be realistic, if we get 1 million we should be well pleased. A 1/2 million is probably nearer reality
  • 3 or 4 million for Solly ? .. he's a decent player .. but be realistic, if we get 1 million we should be well pleased. A 1/2 million is probably nearer reality

Whatever the money I would not be pleased, you cannot buy the commitment to every game and the club that Solly is showing particularly alongside his skills and strength on the pitch.

• ^^^^^^ agreed
  • edited December 2012
    We'd do well to get a combined 3.5m for Solly and Stephens in January. And it's for that reason I would rather we didn't sell.
  • edited December 2012
    Has numeral people have heard the same things that the deal with Koc is dead then?
  • Be nice of kevin cash if he could help our club.
  • edited December 2012

We'd do well to get a combined 3.5m for Solly and Stephens in January. And it's for that reason I would rather we didn't sell.

We'd do well to get 1 million for the pair (personally, like you, I'd keep both unless we are truly desperate for the money) ..2 young players, less that 1 season in the champ each, untried at a higher level, ... to you my son .. 1/2 a million each and that's my FINAL offer
  • I always find it hilarious the way people just throw figures around for transfers. I read somewhere on here that selling BWP, Solly and Stephens would net us £7million. 7! Some people value Solly at £2m, others at £4m, some at £6m+. It's a completely pointless endeavour. If we sell Stephens for £2m and Solly for £3.5m (plus add-ons) we can then buy Perkins for £1.2m and then loan out Evina for a loan fee of £150,000. We then sell BWP for £1.5m, bring Boyd in for £1m, get Simon Cox for £3m and still have enough money left over to go to Nandos for tea. None of that is based in fact, I just wanted to play too.

Player values are dictated by what the people involved with the money are willing to pay and what the other side are willing to accept. As such we don't know what they are.Throwing around random numbers is just daft

• Sponsored links:

• Lowton went to Villa for £3 mill from League 1 and I really believe Solly is better than him. Solly gets better by the game. I'll be gutted if he leaves and just hope we can do other deals that get us through to the summer and then see where we are. Times have been worse and they have been better. Just part of the fun of being a Charlton fan!
  • edited December 2012
    Agree with this.(Edit: GM's comment) Players are much like houses in that they're only worth as much as people are willing to pay for them.
  • We certainly won't get as much for Solly as he is worth unless we have no intention of selling him and have to be enticed.
  • We certainly won't get as much for Solly as he is worth unless we have no intention of selling him and have to be enticed.

What price would you put on him, realistically?

I've never read such a load of bollox in all my life.
    If we sold Solly for anything less than £3M plus add-ons there would rightly be uproar amongst the fans.
    Or perhaps if we do sell him for £500K we might play your favourite player Danny Seabourne there instead - you know the bloke you rate as a better defender than Wiggins.
    Give me strength.

• 1/2 mill for solly that's just silly, Solly will be sold for at least 3 mil
  • Redskin said:

We certainly won't get as much for Solly as he is worth unless we have no intention of selling him and have to be enticed.

What price would you put on him, realistically?
    That's the point - don't put a price on him - clearly he is going to be a top top player - let them come begging and desperate.

I've never read such a load of bollox in all my life.
    If we sold Solly for anything less than £3M plus add-ons there would rightly be uproar amongst the fans.
    Or perhaps if we do sell him for £500K we might play your favourite player Danny Seabourne there instead - you know the bloke you rate as a better defender than Wiggins.
    Give me strength.

Bollox yourself .. Read the rest of the posts before you start ranting. It's not a question of what value Powell and CAFC put on him, I for one would not sell him unless the offer was in excess of (say) 3 million. But I am not in the know as to how much CAFC needs the money. A fire sale might be in order. The issue is what price would any other club be prepared to pay and I don't think many other clubs would pay a lot for him unless they are desperate for a young right back who is untried at a high level. Any club after a full back can probably pick up an African international for a half million. And if he goes, Seabourne would not be too shabby a replacement. Does that give you strength?
  • First time I'd seen Solly play live yesterday and to be honest wasn't overly impressed. Better in the second half. Only a one game view though, but was expecting to be impressed having followed the scores and reviews on here. Wouldn't put him on that showing in the million + bracket. Was that a normal performance from him or below par?
  • Why is everybody panicing again, keep cool, hold your nerve & wait for the investment to come!!