Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New Investors?

Comments

• vffvff
    edited November 2012
    dickplumb said:

Into the Valley is wrong? Shock horror,

Prague, it would be good if there was no inter forum stereotyping and back biting (not having a go at Dick Plumb btw) (Edit in respect of NLA comment below). I read it on not 606, CL and Into the Valley sometimes. All this accusation clique stuff thrown around. Some of it, bitter stuff. We are Charlton, and there is room for us all. Stand together against the rest.

Fair play to Into the Valley for breaking the story, which appears to have some legs on it or if they did, they got us all going with a wind up.

Since the Zabeel thing, I don't get too excited about possible investment until it happens. I sometimes day dream, that I can win the euromillions , to distract myself from my stressful job. For me the new investment for Charlton is in that category. Better odds than Euromillions but in the same category of something that you don't plan anything concrete on.

Given the team, is x3 quality players off a top 6 finish, and a shot at the Premiership, the investment dream is a good one. New investment, could bring a real shot at a run for the top 6. I am glad for the Slater (Cash ?) / Tony Jimensz involvement that has enabled the club to push back to the Championship and now in a position to be a viable club for serious investment, that could help propel the club to the Premiership.

Until that investment happens, I'll stick with the team of fighters that we have with Chris Powell in charge. Tomorrow, the team will put up a good competitive performance and we may win an unexpected and famous victory against Millwall.

COYRs

• vff said:

dickplumb said:

Prague, it would be good if there was no inter forum stereotyping and back biting (not having a go at you btw). I read it on not 606, CL and Into the Valley sometimes. All this accusation clique stuff thrown around. Some of it, bitter stuff. We are Charlton, and there is room for us all. Stand together against the rest.

Fair play to Into the Valley for breaking the story, which appears to have some legs on it or if they did, they got us all going with a wind up.

Since the Zabeel thing, I don't get too excited about possible investment until it happens. I sometimes day dream, that I can win the euromillions , to distract myself from my stressful job. For me the new investment for Charlton is in that category. Better odds than Euromillions but in the same category of something that you don't plan anything concrete on.

Given the team, is x3 quality players off a top 6 finish, and a shot at the Premiership, the investment dream is a good one. New investment, could bring a real shot at a run for the top 6. I am glad for the Slater (Cash ?) / Tony Jimensz involvement that has enabled the club to push back to the Championship and now in a position to be a viable club for serious investment.

Until that investment happens, I'll stick with the team of fighters that we have with Chris Powell in charge. Tomorrow, the team will put up a good competitive performance and we may win an unexpected and famous victory against Millwall.

COYRs

top post, no need to be condescending to other people because they use a different site to talk about charlton. I don't really like ITV or this site a lot of the time but i use this site simply because theres more members
  • Might be wrong but its dickplumb who said the quote above not prague

too bloody right. I have no interest in tribal warfare between Charlton fans,

• vffvff
    edited November 2012

vff said:

dickplumb said:

top post, no need to be condescending to other people because they use a different site to talk about charlton. I don't really like ITV or this site a lot of the time but i use this site simply because theres more members
    Thanks, KA. Use of site is pretty much the same for me. The match comments on CL are great, alongside the post match and the player scores. Breaking news or interesting rumours with some foundation are good from whatever site they come from.

New investment would be excellent (back up for Haynes, centre midfield / left wing). The club are in a better position, to gain investment to strengthen for a proper challenge than in league one.
  • edited December 2012
    All a bit pathetic really, I read both sites and the reams fellow does get things right some of the time, sometimes thinks out aloud after a defeat but that's the passion of football I suppose your only as good as your last game so they say! I have a good feeling about the current interest in investment in the club and only hope we can have a good month on the pitch to be near the playoffs come January. COYR

Corrected /Amended after NLA's comment there Prague. Follows on from your. Apologies for confusion, initial comment written after a couple of glasses.

• into the valley are saying Peter Varney is helping us get Koc for Cash and co

And Into the Valley is wrong on that point. PV is not involved, I have that from a reliable source. Same source cautioned that it is far from a done deal. I'd wish otherwise, on both points, but there we are.

Hi Prague - did your source say anything you can share about the potential Swedish investor referred to earlier in this thread? I'm wondering if that was true and there is potential for a bidding contest. Cheers.
  • vff said:

Might be wrong but its dickplumb who said the quote above not prague

Corrected /Amended after NLA's comment there Prague. Follows on from your. Apologies for confusion, initial comment written after a couple of glasses.

No problems mate, thank you, no offence taken. I just don't like inter-Charlton bickering, its destructive.

• Davo55 said:

into the valley are saying Peter Varney is helping us get Koc for Cash and co

And Into the Valley is wrong on that point. PV is not involved, I have that from a reliable source. Same source cautioned that it is far from a done deal. I'd wish otherwise, on both points, but there we are.

Hi Prague - did your source say anything you can share about the potential Swedish investor referred to earlier in this thread? I'm wondering if that was true and there is potential for a bidding contest. Cheers.
    Hi Davo.

Actually he asked me what I knew! And my answer unfortunately was and is zilch. However,I definitely don't discount some of those ITTV comments. One of them suggests Persson is still in the frame. There is a poster on there called "angeldust" who appears to be speaking from or close to the boardroom. Could be Brunello, of course. :-)

I would be happy if this is true. I have good experience of Scandinavians in business and as friends. Generally they are people in for the long haul (in business and in friendship). I have one buddy who can give me the lowdown, but I'd wait to get some more concrete evidence before getting people interested in Mr Persson.
  • Sponsored links:

• Davo55 said:

into the valley are saying Peter Varney is helping us get Koc for Cash and co

Hi Davo.

Actually he asked me what I knew! And my answer unfortunately was and is zilch. However,I definitely don't discount some of those ITTV comments. One of them suggests Persson is still in the frame. There is a poster on there called "angeldust" who appears to be speaking from or close to the boardroom. Could be Brunello, of course. :-)

I would be happy if this is true. I have good experience of Scandinavians in business and as friends. Generally they are people in for the long haul (in business and in friendship). I have one buddy who can give me the lowdown, but I'd wait to get some more concrete evidence before getting people interested in Mr Persson.
    Thanks mate. A deal with either Persson or Koc would be a very nice Christmas present.
  • When are Koc due to start doing their due dildoligence...........coat please :-)
  • If this has been said before sorry.But both Slater and Jimenez had been showing round separate groups of people at this match forget who was with each group but Swedish and Turkish.That much is true.
  • Well all the current rumours are back to being doom and gloom about the prospect of new money. Seems we ain't getting any, any time soon. Looks like all the suitors have withdrawn or been scared off by ? TJ can't sustain the losses on the wealth he has at his disposal and at some point something will have to give. He could sell and cut his losses or take us into admin which is tantamount to the same thing. For me it's just how far we fall before any of the above takes place. He has one ace up his sleeve as far as I see it. The Valley. Hope my post is hopelessly pessimistic and far from the truth. I remain to be persuaded otherwise.
  • No no SHG, the money is in the bank.
  • Can't see much happening in the January transfer window to be fair, but hey what do the supporters know?
  • Off_it said:

No no SHG, the money is in the bank.

Am I missing something but how can you know if the money is in the bank unless you have control of that bank account,or you know someone who has control of that account.Are we saying someone at the club is leaking confidential information?Or could it be that it is made up?If someone is leaking that information to someone who posts on Football forums it is a bit naughty.

• Let me nail my colours firmly too the mast

This year we celebrated 20 yrs return to the valley

The valley is our home

If the people that try to do that do not understand that then they are the wrong people at our club

• Dick,

I think off it was making a point about your mutual friends.

Two weeks ago it was "money is in the bank" and "aren't we clever, we know something you don't"

It wasn't , they aren't, they didn't.
  • Let me nail my colours firmly too the mast

This year we celebrated 20 yrs return to the valley

The valley is our home

If the people that try to do that do not understand that then they are the wrong people at our club

In the proverbial nutshell, NLA.

But it's not "their" home ....

• Sponsored links:

• Have I missed something about money in the bank?
  • edited December 2012
    Addickted said:

Have I missed something about money in the bank?

Reamsofverse on the Into The Valley forum stated last week that he had confirmation that our transfer kitty money was "in the bank". That's what Henry was alluding to.

• How much money is in the bank? i thought the money men were clambering to make a offer? Why do people make up bollox? Surely these make believe money men know that football clubs can only make a profit in the premier league. Just an excuse for the people ITK to say " well they looked at our books and pulled out" to cover up bullshit!
  • How much money is in the bank? i thought the money men were clambering to make a offer? Why do people make up bollox? Surely these make believe money men know that football clubs can only make a profit in the premier league. Just an excuse for the people ITK to say " well they looked at our books and pulled out" to cover up bullshit!

You may nearly have hit the nail on the proverbial, scabs.....

• I enjoy ITTV but alas for posting they don't seem mobile compatible. Reams has good contacts but for a guy that goes to few matches, I wish he wouldn't slag off various players based on subjective reports. They also lack numbers, don't have the lol non cafc threads and resort to personal insults too often. Anyone got a link to 606 site?
  • To use popular street vernacular, that site is 'bare jokes'. It's clearly just one bloke with various alter-egos posting on there. Every now and then I pop in and have a quick laugh at the bloke arguing with himself, then come back here for a bit of a sanity check. I never stay over there too long though, in case he offers me out (on one of the two trips a year he makes to The Valley).
  • then come back here for a bit of a sanity check.

You're coming on here for a sanity check? Explains a lot ;)
  • It's the Hello magazine of CAFC messageboards
  • My head hurts...I may have over speculation syndrome.
  • edited December 2012

My head hurts...I may have over speculation syndrome.

Your head hurts because you're scared of getting filled in. Admit it.
    ;-)