Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Investors?

Comments

• Options
    Any sightings tonight?.
  • Options
    I saw Curbs there.
  • Options
    I heard the 40% Turkish owners is a done deal from a very decent source
  • Options
    Better get their wallets out in January.
  • Options
    I heard a whisper that it is indeed the Turkish people who are interested/being chatted up...not Swedish. I also heard that they are mooted to take on Cash' share (which is being managed by Michael Slater) not buy the whole club.
    If that is right then the Turkish interest would be buying into the club but not taking it over. They may form an alliance which makes them the biggest player in a majority consortium, but that is very far from certain. Or they may decide to move for a majority shareholding, or they may decide against it altogether.
    Nothing more solid than that, and I repeat it was a whisper.
  • Options
    Didn't see any apparent potential investors in the Boardroom. Curbs was there, Jim Davidson and that idiot Barry Fry also. Fry told his Chairman after the game that he thought they were going down. Reckon Ferguson will be gone soon.

Poor performance, but a win is a win. Gutted to lose both Morro and Fuller for Saturday, but hope Haynes is fit and Powell plays Taylor rather than Dervite.
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

Does done deal mean a done deal, or a Zabeel done deal?
  • Options
    sammy391 said:

Can't buy me love by the beatles played at halftime , subliminal messages maybe ? ;)

Thought the same!
  • Options

sammy391 said:

Can't buy me love by the beatles played at halftime , subliminal messages maybe ? ;)

Thought the same!
    I think your reading a bit too much into the music choices played at half time.

• Options
    edited November 2012

Anyone else noticed that BIG_ROB hasn't been in here much lately? No 'Whose Rack' or 'Would Ya'? If I'm correct about times it was around when that £130+ million Euro jackpot was won by a French ticket holder.

Just maybe?

If only....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Swisdom said:

I heard the Swede's back in with a fresh bid, the Koc blocker!

• Options
    Someone mentioned to me last night that KC has had a change of heart and is now ready to pick up where he left off last season. Personally can't see this but thought I'd share...............
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    BIG_ROB said:

Saw a ound at load of top motors coming out the ground at abou<blockquote class="Quote"

New keyboard for Xmas?

• Options

Someone mentioned to me last night that KC has had a change of heart and is now ready to pick up where he left off last season. Personally can't see this but thought I'd share...............

All a bit confusing but maybe this does merit a closer look as MS was back doing his press the flesh bit last night.

• Options
    If there is new money or more of the old money then great credit to SCP and the team - if we were lying 4th from bottom I can't help feeling we would have no chance of further investment.
  • Options

BIG_ROB said:

Saw a ound at load of top motors coming out the ground at abou

HaHa Using me mates wireless keyboard and its a pile of shit. Meant to read:-

Saw a load of top motors coming out the ground at about 4pm!
  • Options
    I notice that Adrian Durham has been asking on Twitter this morning how come we can afford to pay Fuller's wages and people have been telling him that there's a lot of unknowns about our finances. Wonder if he'll talk about it on Drivetime this afternoon... could be the first time the mysterious nature of our owners has mainstream coverage.
  • Options
    PMSL! I don't think he meant he was involved.
  • Options
    Durham getting involved wouldn't be a good thing. Bound to mention it though.
  • Options
    He was going last night so bound to say something
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I notice that Adrian Durham has been asking on Twitter this morning how come we can afford to pay Fuller's wages and people have been telling him that there's a lot of unknowns about our finances. Wonder if he'll talk about it on Drivetime this afternoon... could be the first time the mysterious nature of our owners has mainstream coverage.

No different to a number of clubs. Finances just are not clear at the majority of clubs.

Fail to see what Durham's point is. He's more than happy when Posh kept Boyd and some of their big earners and seems to forget we get 3times as many fans at our games as they do.

Just shit stirring from a bad loser

• Options
    I did wonder whether we might come up as part of this weeks Guardian expose about board structures, the virgin islands and secret investors.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/series/offshore-secrets
  • Options

I presume everyone involved on Twitter knows exactly what Fuller gets paid and has done an analysis against our income and outgoings in order to come to this conclusion?

• Options
    He gets paid in Red Stripe, but the journos haven't taken into account we buy it in bulk from Makro and therefore buy it at trade prices and not retail prices, which has led to confusion as to exactly how much we pay him
  • Options

I presume everyone involved on Twitter knows exactly what Fuller gets paid and has done an analysis against our income and outgoings in order to come to this conclusion?

Can not stand Durham think he is a pratt.Listen to talk sport when in the car but always turn radio off/over when he comes on.

• Options

Isn't the club supposed to satisfy the 'ownership' criteria with the FA so can't see there be anything dodgy?
  • Options
    The figure of 40 per cent is significant. If true I'd expect it to turn out to be 39.9% or similar, because otherwise the new investor plus Richard Murray would potentially be in a position to out-vote TJ. I can't see that being allowed.
  • Options

Can not stand Durham think he is a pratt.Listen to talk sport when in the car but always turn radio off/over when he comes on.

The prick was stood in front of me on the platform last night staring at his shoes like an tubby ginger schoolboy who'd been caught in the sports cupboard with a copy razzle. Talksport must pay him a few bob but he looked scruffier than a northern worzel gummidge. Embarrassment of a man.
  • Options
    The prick was stood in front of me on the platform last night staring at his shoes like an tubby ginger schoolboy who'd been caught in the sports cupboard with a copy razzle.

• Options
    JWADDICK said:

The prick was stood in front of me on the platform last night staring at his shoes like an tubby ginger schoolboy who'd been caught in the sports cupboard with a copy razzle.

To be fair that could have been me! It wasn't and I'm not a journo but from the description who would know? :) Just shows how easy misrepresentation is on the interweb.