Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New Investors?

Comments

• Wilson is better on the wing than at full back IMO. Right now, our right hand is our strength.
  • Zaha will go to man citeh

The deal will be that if it is done this jan ()if too many clubs are sniffing ) he will be allowed to stay on loan at palarse

• I'd hate to lose Solly but we already have a quality replacement in Wilson. All the cash needs to be reinvested in the midfield...

I could have sworn Wilson had been playing right midfield for us.
    So sell Solly, move Wilson to right back and then we have another gap to plug in our problem area of midfield. Brilliant.

Wilson is a right back and was at his best there when Solly was moved to left back. I'm sure Powell purchased him in the summer thinking Solly could be on his way.

So I stand by what I say that the midfield needs the investment and also players should be played in their natural positions...
    No way. Wilson is a midfielder all day long.
  • What the heck is this thread about? I tuned for info on investors but all I'm reading is Solly & Zaha rumours!

No I don't mean Solly & Zaha to Reading.
  • Wils is much better at right mid.
  • Solly seemed to clap the crowd more than normal coming off the pitch on Saturday.

Goodbye perhaps?
  • edited December 2012

lincs - u did say we would do well to get 1mil for both Solly and Stevo. That is bollox. We wouldn't sell for less than 4mil. See what Villa paid for Lowton and Westwood.

or 'worse'

READ the posts .. I would not sell either of 'em .. whether Lowton and Westwood are 'better' than Solly & Stephens is a matter of opinion ... IN MY OPINION, no club will be bidding (if at all) for So & St at anything close to millions, a bid of 1/2 a million each is more realistic irrespective of OUR valuations. IF WE SELL it will be purely because we need the money for reinforcements or for all I know, to pay the electricity bill and the grocer. For you to opine that 'we wouldn't sell for less than 4 million' is just as much speculation as my assessment of the situation. If we need to sell at a cut price, then sold they may be
  • Chit chat, chit chat. I know this is a discussion forum, and I would never wish to stifle productive debate, but isn't all this 'will he / won't he', how little / how much' conjecture all rather tiresome and non productive?
    This club is on the way up, having hit bottom a fair while ago. We're doing okay. Let's just see what happens.
    Wild speculation achieves nothing. For those with a positive outlook, please consider joining the new CA Supporters' Trust.

6,000 views on the post match thread - if half these people joined the trust it will have the credibility and diversity to claim to be a fans voice...
    We only have rumours but it appears that the finances were strong enough to reject a £2M bid for Stephens - this club may always sell players but needs to only sell established first XI players for £3-4M and not the buttons we received for Shelvey and Jenkinson.
    We are certainly on the way up (from the bottom) thank to the new squad - probably half way to the Championship play offs in 2 years since the club was sold, but it has been and will be a bumpy journey. This club is only worth something IF we can get promoted OR IF there is enough talent coming through the academy to ensure we don't have to buy players and that we can sell the odd star. Let us hope that the current owners continue to fund the ride OR are able to let someone with deeper pockets in on it... just like on the pitch, and with player contracts I am sure the owners will do what is best for CAFC !
    Why? Because this is what will maximise their return if we are promoted OR minimize their risk / losses if they choose to exit! It is in their interests to keep the fans on board as 20,000 + gates look sexier for a sale... from my perspective it is also in their interests to stick with CP and gently climb the league as it's a lot cheaper than switching horses AND again, it looks better.

Seeing all the rumours about other clubs it almost looks as if all CAFC has to do is stay in the game while other clubs flounder - just look at all of the clubs who came down from the Premier League last season sitting with us in lower mid table as they pay out millions every month to their "Premier League" squads!

• LenGlover said:

Solly seemed to clap the crowd more than normal coming off the pitch on Saturday.

Goodbye perhaps?

100th Appearance?
  • 3 or 4 million for Solly ? .. he's a decent player .. but be realistic, if we get 1 million we should be well pleased. A 1/2 million is probably nearer reality

I've never read such a load of bollox in all my life.
    If we sold Solly for anything less than £3M plus add-ons there would rightly be uproar amongst the fans.
    Or perhaps if we do sell him for £500K we might play your favourite player Danny Seabourne there instead - you know the bloke you rate as a better defender than Wiggins.
    Give me strength.

Bollox yourself .. Read the rest of the posts before you start ranting. It's not a question of what value Powell and CAFC put on him, I for one would not sell him unless the offer was in excess of (say) 3 million. But I am not in the know as to how much CAFC needs the money. A fire sale might be in order. The issue is what price would any other club be prepared to pay and I don't think many other clubs would pay a lot for him unless they are desperate for a young right back who is untried at a high level. Any club after a full back can probably pick up an African international for a half million. And if he goes, Seabourne would not be too shabby a replacement. Does that give you strength?
    Not really! Seabourne is about as much use as an igloo in the Sahara! Wiggins my friend, have little to fear.

• Sponsored links:

• edited December 2012
    @bazjonster .. point taken lol .. anyway ol' Seamist is left footed
  • This site is brilliant!.Not long ago Wilson was the worst player ever,now all arguing on his best position.LOVE IT!
  • This site is brilliant!.Not long ago Wilson was the worst player ever,now all arguing on his best position.LOVE IT!

Agreed, you couldn't make it up.
  • But no guarantees that any income from sales would be given to the manager .

Thats the caveat

Eh?

Since moving to midfield his performances have improved greatly changing mine, and a lot of others, opinions of him.
  • Off_it said:

No no SHG, the money is in the bank.

I heard from the Covered End Lower barman's 3rd cousin that the potential backers were frightened off by us now being associated with dickheads throwing flares and have decided to wait until April to see if we still have a ground to play in.
  • So, do we have new investment or not. A simple yes or no will suffice.
  • I doubt it VM , takeover threads on here are a bit like herpes (so i'm told) they always keep coming to the surface , especially when its cold outside.
  • So, do we have new investment or not. A simple yes or no will suffice.

Simple yes or no on hear lol
  • can any tell me the number to ring for the dedication game my friend passed away last week can remember well
    playing at the valley with him for the supporters club in the sixties fond memories
  • Sponsored links:

• I doubt it VM , takeover threads on here are a bit like herpes (so i'm told) they always keep coming to the surface , especially when its cold outside.

That finished the night off for me with a hearty chuckle .Thanks, MIA !

Night night.

• Wilson

Since moving to midfield his performances have improved greatly changing mine, and a lot of others, opinions of him.

he's a pony full back on the evidence i've seen and a decent enough terrier like right midfielder

• edited December 2012
    Can someone, please, in one or two sentences let us know the latest on "New Investors" ?
    Thanks.
  • Can someone, please, in one or two sentences let us know the latest on "New Invistors" ?
    Thanks.

No one has a bloody clue what is going on
    If it happens it happens,if it doesn't it doesn't
    Happy new year. :)

• Thank You.

HNY to you and the Family Mr A1965.
    ;-)
  • Think it was all a big wind up to be honest, there might of been a potential investor who wanted to have a look which was picked up by someone claiming to be ITK. This was then turned into billionare investor wanting premier league football, messi up front, Powell sacked with Pep Guardiola replacing him and a brand new 60 thousand seater stadium on the Greenwich Peninsula which sells 10 different brands of lager ( ok maybe the lager is a bit far fetched) Just another year supporting our team Charlton Athletic, its never dull is it? apart from watching the movement of our midfield! Anyway Happy New Year folks have a good one.
  • edited December 2012
    If anyone comes in with a plus £2million bid for Solly i think we will take it. Plus £1million for Stephens and a £500K for Hollands/Clarke and Waggy. A combiantion of these will be acepted (opinion)
  • your probably right gh. i just hope we try to keep all our first teamers and waggy. selling solly could derail us.
  • Welly, the number is 020 8333 4000.

Sorry to hear about your friend. My condolances.