Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Salim Kerkar - Views?

Comments

• Options
    He is one of the finds of the season, inconsistent but wholehearted. What do we expect from a young man who is just finding his feet in English football amongst an ever changing cast of fellow midfielders or being asked to play as a full back, a task he has undertaken with complete grit and determination
  • Options
    I've been impressed with him. Clearly I'd prefer to have a LB at LB but on the wing he has been better than anything else we have, or had last season.

I'm not quite sure, exactly, what our fans expect. He was signed for free, and that was, precisely, how much we had to spend on a LM in the summer. Sure if we could sign a Premier League Club's player that can't quite get into his clubs starting eleven then great, but I'm more than happy with him.

I agree that he is not very tough, but we do have some candidates for that and even against Millwall we need a little creativity on the field. Eleven cloggers will not win too many games, even against Millwall.
  • Options

Sure, it would be great if we had someone more dynamic, beats 3 defenders with one shimmy and then thunders a 30 yarder past the keeper.

He's doing a decent enough job. Positionally good, balances the team and keeps its shape.
  • Options
    Has the ability to whip a cross in around the defender, but have seen very little evidence of him actually beating the defender to do this. Unfortunately, they often get blocked because of this. Has no real pace and that's also the issue on the right with Pritch playing there. Well-meaning, but not convinced yet at this level. Will always hope that any player in our shirt comes good...fingers crossed!

• Options
    One thing you can give him is that when he gets the balls I have no idea what on earth he is going to do - i'm not sure he even knows
  • Options
    i have him down as the first to melt at millwall
  • Options
    Seen nothing that makes me think he is anything other than lower Championship quality. Nothing wrong with that but I would hope that we want better.
  • Options
    We all know that he's gonna get a hat trick against Millwall now.
  • Options
    He is the best we have, and I think it is refreshing to see a Charlton player take on a player and beat him with a great piece of skill! I definitely think he gives us more than Pritchard does as I think you could class them as both not being the most physical. If you had to drop 1 of the current midfield it would be Pritchard as I think we need more width down the right.
  • Options
    I hardly noticed him put a foot wrong last night , in fact I hardly noticed him at all.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm not a fan I must admit. Not up to champ standard IMO.
  • Options
    He does a job and we don't have anything better at the moment.
  • Options
    He only stayed on until the end last night as Powell had probably forgotten he was there .
  • Options
    IMO, a very good skillful left midfielder at this level. Excellent close control & dribbling ability. Lacks a yard of pace, but has the ability to beat opponents in one-against-one situations by skill and manipulating the ball and can whip in an accurate left footed cross often played across the back of the opposition defence. Also useful on set plays, with crosses curled in left footed from the right. When the opposition have the ball, Kerkar works hard to cover the space in front of the left back position, tracking the opposition right back, and has the energy & stamina to work up & down for the full ninety minutes. However he is weak in the tackle and rarely wins 50-50 challenges.

Kerkar is a good performer at this level, produces consistent performances and will put in a shift away from home (he was very good at Burnley for example). He has made 13 starts so far, so still early days at the club. His willingness to fill in at left back also shows he is a team player. As an orthodox left midfielder he balances up the team, and IMO is the best option for that position in the squad.

But then again I might be totally wrong......

• Options
    Tutt-Tutt said:

IMO, a very good skillful left midfielder at this level. Excellent close control & dribbling ability. Lacks a yard of pace, but has the ability to beat opponents in one-against-one situations by skill and manipulating the ball and can whip in an accurate left footed cross often played across the back of the opposition defence. Also useful on set plays, with crosses curled in left footed from the right. When the opposition have the ball, Kerkar works hard to cover the space in front of the left back position, tracking the opposition right back, and has the energy & stamina to work up & down for the full ninety minutes. However he is weak in the tackle and rarely wins 50-50 challenges.

Kerkar is a good performer at this level, produces consistent performances and will put in a shift away from home (he was very good at Burnley for example). He has made 13 starts so far, so still early days at the club. His willingness to fill in at left back also shows he is a team player. As an orthodox left midfielder he balances up the team, and IMO is the best option for that position in the squad.

But then again I might be totally wrong......

Excellent scouting report

• Options
    He's shit to light weight a full back loves marking him get up tight and nick it don't win it that jig back over take him and have another probably got bout 4 attempts if he picked up in our half. Only way he would be suited Oswego had a team under the cosh and sat on the 18 yard swinging em in not gonna happen
  • Options
    The bloke behind me said Kerkar is 'my far one of the worst players we've had in years'. Considering in recent years we've had Francis, McCormack and Abbott I think he might have been being a bit silly. I like Kerkar myself. People seem to be expecting some kind of wing genius, but if a winger is playing in the Championship, he's probably not going to be Ronaldo. Still, if you've got 13 points in 15, Wilson is the new Jesus and Hulse is scoring it's difficult to find someone to pick on. Poor old Salim
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Tbf He isn't the type of wide man I like I like pacy wingers with a trick up there sleeve but I don't think they are particulary out there at the mo because you have to be defensively sound as well. He's not the worst he just isn't a winger
  • Options
    Sage said:

Some like him, others like myself are still undecided.

Personally I dont think he can shoot, tackle, and head the ball. He has no pace to scare the full back and he is too weak.

Blimey. If that's 'undecided', what did you think of Amdy Faye? :)

Personally, I rate him - think he's a decent player, but agree that he isn't physical, and looks like he doesn't fancy it when faced with a physical challenge. Still, he is a winger, after all - and they're not exactly noted for their tackling abilities.
  • Options
    I like what he's got in that he's keen to put the ball into the box and has a decent delivery

He's a funny one though, like has been said. He does not offer much defensively and has no real speed but does look good when he's on the ball and gets in good areas.

Jackson is probably a more solid bet in the position kerkar plays
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    doesnt tackle,head or beat a man for speed .I just dont get it.I trust Chris Powell so whatever he decides will be right.
  • Options
    I was proved to be right yesterday, he was terrible and I believe if he hadn't been taken off, we would have lost.

People can have different opinions on Kerkar, that's fine but left midfield is a position we seriously need to strengthen. Kerkar bottled it, has no pace and is lightweight.

Main priority in January window.
  • Options
    If we want to be challenging then we have to find better although Salim is not the only one.
  • Options
    He was awful yesterday
  • Options
    He was awful yesterday. Sherkar.
  • Options
    We do need improvements in many positions if we really want to be challanging within a year or so. However, the left midfield with Kerkar playing is such a weak point in our team it worries me.

He was awful and we need a replacement in January.
  • Options
    Has had good games but the last 3 he hasn't been that good.

Where's Ephraim? Wouldn't mind seeing him back on loan
  • Options
    I'll keep it short & sweet.

HE IS SHIT!!
  • Options
    He's not bad and, pragmatically speaking, was the best we could get given the lack of funds. He's a very uneven player but has some good parts to his game and his level of consistency may improve with experience. He has, after all, only had half a season down in England. He is, in my view, a better option than Jacko on the left ( certainly until we get Wiggins back ).
  • Options
    He is a weak link in the team.