Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Salim Kerkar - Views?

Comments

• Options
    I have not made my mind up on Kerkar yet however I dont think his current form deserves a place in the first team.

I would like to see if Cook, Harriot or Evina (when fit) can do any better
  • Options
    I quite like Kerkar in that he offers something different to any of our other players and of our current midfield he is the only one capable of taking it past an opponent. He is like any winger who has good days and bad days. I'd keep him in for the next game and if he has another poor one maybe it is time for a change.

Also, there is a difference between bottling a challenge and not going in for a ball which is 60/40 to the opposing player (which is how I saw the one vs The Posh). In the modern game if you miss-time a tackle like that you run the risk of getting sent off if you get it slightly wrong and then get accused of making a silly attempt of a tackle! Personally I'd rather he bottled a challenge he wont win on the halfway line rather than give the referee a decision to make.
  • Options
    Last few games he has done feck all. Give him a start on sat but we should look at bringing Cook on for Luis Suarez Salim if he is still underpeforming.
  • Options
    arthur, there was a few that he pulled out of that were 60/40 in his favour!

I think he should start saturday, its a lot more his type of game. Will be less physical and a bit more open. Just hope CP has had a word with him after that performance saturday, as if i was his team mate (especially Seabourne) id feel a little bit let down.
  • Options
    The more I see of Kerkar the more he really frustrates me. I sit right on the half way line and have to watch him for a whole half at every home game doing absolutely nothing useful.
    The fact that some people think that he is anything other than a liability of late is also annoying. He's been riding off that Cardiff game for too long now.

He backs out of absolutely everything and has the physical presence of someone half his size.
  • Options
    He brings us something completely different... The ability to pull out of a tackle when he has the ball, walk into opposition players constantly and put crosses into the stand; increibly frustrating to watch.

I know I shouldn't really judge as I've only managed to get back for 4 games since I've been at uni; but he has been diabolical in each of them. This was a view shared by people I was sitting with Saturday who go home and away every week.

Believe we need two new wingers in Jan (if we are going to carry on with this formation).
  • Options
    Huskaris said:

The more I see of Kerkar the more he really frustrates me. I sit right on the half way line and have to watch him for a whole half at every home game doing absolutely nothing useful.
    The fact that some people think that he is anything other than a liability of late is also annoying. He's been riding off that Cardiff game for too long now.

He backs out of absolutely everything and has the physical presence of someone half his size.

That's why he'll be in the team then..........his height!
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    He might not have been at the races on Saturday - but some of you are putting all your focus on the weaker aspects of his game, and not seeing what he does bring to the table.

First of all he has good positional sense, maintaining a balance and shape to the team and generally providing an outlet when our defence is under pressure.

Defensively, while he's not strong in the tackle, he does work hard closing down
    attacking players in his channel, buying time for us to get our players back behind the ball.

He's not pacy or direct but has a decent 1st touch, tight control and tidy passing under pressure. While his quality of crossing can be a hit or miss, he nevertheless brings an element of unpredictablity to our attacks which we've seen defences often not deal with.

Okay, he has the highest number of assists in the team, but he also plays a big part in build up - a recent example, our 2nd goal against Peterborough:
    Kerkar collects the ball on the left touchline, and with a perfectly struck angled pass on the floor picks out Jackson on the D, who then finds Green on the corner of the box, who beats his man and drills a low ball in for Kermorgant to sweep home.

You won't see Kerkar credited in the stats for his part in the goal - but it was a key part in the build up. Some posters may not have seen that, but you can bet that our management team will be aware.

Our team is on a good run, and while Kerkar has weaknessess in his game, his ability and overall contribution have played an integral part.

• Options
    CAFCsayer said:

He brings us something completely different... The ability to pull out of a tackle when he has the ball, walk into opposition players constantly and put crosses into the stand; increibly frustrating to watch.

I know I shouldn't really judge as I've only managed to get back for 4 games since I've been at uni; but he has been diabolical in each of them. This was a view shared by people I was sitting with Saturday who go home and away every week.

Believe we need two new wingers in Jan (if we are going to carry on with this formation).

Quality! Obviously an expert then.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    let us know what the amount of games seen cut off point is for having an opinion then?

Oggy they are fair points, and ones that we may benefit from on saturday in a more open and less physical game.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    7 so you'd better keep quiet.
  • Options
    "Quality! Obviously an expert then."

Hence the "I shouldn't really judge" and stating that the others I was with (who have no doubt been to more games than you) agreed with my point.
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:

"Quality! Obviously an expert then."

Hence the "I shouldn't really judge" and stating that the others I was with (who have no doubt been to more games than you) agreed with my point.

Really is that a fact.
  • Options

He was always favourite to disappear at millwall and he did

Spoke to a rangers fan a few weeks back and he said they used to sing " if kerkar can play for rangers so can I " says it all

Made me laugh. Then I got a call from Ally Mac and it turns out that I can actually play for Rangers. I'm on the bench for the Elgin game. All tax free too.
  • Options
    Unless you have been to more than 100% of the games, then yes, it's a fact.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    CAFCsayer said:

Unless you have been to more than 100% of the games, then yes, it's a fact.

Snap, but at least I'm in a position to make a judgement on what I have seen with my own eyes and ok granted he's not been great lately but to judge him on just 4 games? do me a favour.
  • Options
    Deadred said:

Davo55 said:

It's taken longer than I thought it would, but it's reassuring to know we've found our traditional scapegoat at last.

I swear some of you have been itching to find someone you can slag of every week.

Wrong. Someone is really only a scapegoat when they are being blamed for failure. In this case, we are on a fabulous run, with a team and manager we all love and admire. Pretty much everyone is getting praise - except Kerkar, for whom about 90% of posters feel he just isn't up to standard. No slagging off, just an exchange of views on a thread all about Kerkar.
    The remaining 10% must be of the same opinion as SCP then who has stuck with him thus far Hmmmmm.............
    I reckon SCP is stuck WITH him right now. That will change if/when we get some money. Come on, surely anyone can see Kerkar is a weal link. He's not all bad, can beat a player and sometimes get a decent cross in, shows willing by playing LB when needed....all agreed. But, still a weak part of the team.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Because he's not physical, gung-ho and aggressive, Kerkar comes across to many as a bit lightweight.

IMO if he added that little bit more aggression to his game and was stronger in the tackle, people would not be saying he's sh*t or whatever.

Nevertheless, he's generally been a key part of our successful run.

• Options
    He seems to be a bit inconsistent at the moment but has potential. Too early to judge one way or the other.
  • Options
    Davo55 said:

Deadred said:

Davo55 said:

It's taken longer than I thought it would, but it's reassuring to know we've found our traditional scapegoat at last.

I swear some of you have been itching to find someone you can slag of every week.

Wrong. Someone is really only a scapegoat when they are being blamed for failure. In this case, we are on a fabulous run, with a team and manager we all love and admire. Pretty much everyone is getting praise - except Kerkar, for whom about 90% of posters feel he just isn't up to standard. No slagging off, just an exchange of views on a thread all about Kerkar.
    The remaining 10% must be of the same opinion as SCP then who has stuck with him thus far Hmmmmm.............
    I reckon SCP is stuck WITH him right now. That will change if/when we get some money. Come on, surely anyone can see Kerkar is a weal link. He's not all bad, can beat a player and sometimes get a decent cross in, shows willing by playing LB when needed....all agreed. But, still a weak part of the team.
    Starting to contradict yourself now 10% couldn't according to you earlier.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cook, Waggy, Jacko, Harriott, even Green or Bover at a pinch have all played LM.

The question has to be asked, if Kerkar is so downright poor as some people make out, then why has Chris Powell picked him week in and week out?
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

Cook, Waggy, Jacko, Harriott, even Green or Bover at a pinch have all played LM.

The question has to be asked, if Kerkar is so downright poor as some people make out, then why has Chris Powell picked him week in and week out?

I rest my case...................Hope he plays Saturday for the sake of the 10%!
  • Options
    I think what annoys me about him is that he seems to think he has far more ability than he does. He rarely completes a pass and his crossing is generally poor. His set pieces are abysmal (not much worse than Jackson's of late to be fair). He seems to just run with the ball until he gets tackled (50%) of the time, tries a failed through ball (10%) puts in a poor cross (25%) or actually a decent cross (15%).

If he played a better style of passing football he could be a pretty good player, he just gets caught in possession far far too much.
    I would prefer someone like Kyel Reid to him to be honest.
  • Options
    Huskaris said:

I think what annoys me about him is that he seems to think he has far more ability than he does. He rarely completes a pass and his crossing is generally poor. His set pieces are abysmal (not much worse than Jackson's of late to be fair). He seems to just run with the ball until he gets tackled (50%) of the time, tries a failed through ball (10%) puts in a poor cross (25%) or actually a decent cross (15%).

If he played a better style of passing football he could be a pretty good player, he just gets caught in possession far far too much.
    I would prefer someone like Kyel Reid to him to be honest.

Now there's someone who disappointed after showing such early promise.
  • Options
    Deadred said:

Davo55 said:

Deadred said:

Davo55 said:

Starting to contradict yourself now 10% couldn't according to you earlier.
    10% might think he is decent, but they are deluded :-)
  • Options
    If you have seen the player once you can forman opinion based on what you have seen

And no one can say your opinion is less vaild

Its not a cock measuring contest its an opinion on a player ffs
  • Options
    Kerkar is nowhere near as bad as some people are making out, yes he's had a few bad games for us now and he may not be great but he's the best LM we have and the best CP and his scouts could come up with on the limited/no funds that we had in the summer.
  • Options
    I know you're really Charlton's chief scout, CEJ.

I bet Kerkar was on your list of potential signings that you gave Chris Powell in the summer?

Nailed on. FACT!

• Options
    Have to say I had never even heard of him but he has been decent for us.
  • Options
    I have seen Kerkar play OK, I have seen him beat players by guile rather than pace. He is a better left half than left back. When there is pace missing on the rest of the front line, it makes it difficult for all the midfielders as it allows the opposition to press forward, without fear of players getting behind or stretching the back line. If we have some pace anywhere on the front line, he can beat players, and put in a decent cross. He can unsettle the opposition midfield and defence when that happens.