Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Salim Kerkar - Views?

Comments

• Options
    He does at least take on and beat a few players but if he had proper competition (i.e not Jackson) he may up his game, or at least we would have another option. On the right we can play Wilson/Haynes/Green as the game and tactics demand, and change if we need to. On the left it's Kerkar, and that's it short of playing a central or right footed player on the left wing.
  • Options
    Sage said:

I was proved to be right yesterday, he was terrible and I believe if he hadn't been taken off, we would have lost.

People can have different opinions on Kerkar, that's fine but left midfield is a position we seriously need to strengthen. Kerkar bottled it, has no pace and is lightweight.

Main priority in January window.

Agreed - very poor in the last 2 games and definitely needs sorting out in January - offered absolutely nothing yesterday - might as well have been in the stand for all he contributed
  • Options
    The performance he put in yesterday was comparable to the one put in by the whole team back in 2010.
  • Options
    I've been saying for ages that, despite the occasional run and decent cross, Kerkar is just not good enough. Definitely THE priority area if we can strengthen in January. Meanwhile, I would like to see Callum Harriot given his chance. He may not be quite ready, but frankly neither is Kerkar so I would rather see what the youngster can do.
  • Options
    It's taken longer than I thought it would, but it's reassuring to know we've found our traditional scapegoat at last.

I swear some of you have been itching to find someone you can slag of every week.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    lol didn't take long for someone to use the 'scapegoat' chestnut.

He was poor yesterday, very poor. He's had decent performances but its a good job seaborne played well, he had no support from Kerkar.
  • Options
    He was always favourite to disappear at millwall and he did

Spoke to a rangers fan a few weeks back and he said they used to sing " if kerkar can play for rangers so can I " says it all
  • Options
    VG it's fine to criticise a performance, I just get tired of reading all the blanket 'he's shit' statements.

Results have been better since he came into the side vs Ipswich and he's our leading assist maker.

Many wingers don't like a tackle and are shit in the air but Kerkar has been willing to work for the team and play out of position. People are bitching about how our midfield lacks creativity and then want to drop the one player who has created chances and shown a bit of flair.

He's obviously inconsistent, but we wouldn't have beaten Cardiff without him for example so he's clearly not just plain shit.
  • Options
    I think part of the problem yesterday was that we were basically in a defensive backs to the wall game and despite what our manager thinks he is no defender, you would have liked him to have taken the ball and taken the pressure off the defence but to be fair I do not recall him receiving the ball at any time whereby he could do that. Despite the "he's shit" he has a number of assists so there is an argument for him to be an attacking option, but where we need defenders or defensive skill .. I agree he's shit ...please advise our manager.
  • Options
    Sort of player thats handy to bring off the bench with 10-15 mins to go. Starting him is a big no no for me.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Kap10 said:

I think part of the problem yesterday was that we were basically in a defensive backs to the wall game and despite what our manager thinks he is no defender, you would have liked him to have taken the ball and taken the pressure off the defence but to be fair I do not recall him receiving the ball at any time whereby he could do that. Despite the "he's shit" he has a number of assists so there is an argument for him to be an attacking option, but where we need defenders or defensive skill .. I agree he's shit ...please advise our manager.

Pretty much agree with this. In games where we're gonna need to defend and are gonna be happy with a draw, I think Jackson is a far better choice out left than Kerkar. Having said that, I do think Kerkar is a decent played who just played poorly yesterday and should definitely be near the first-team.
  • Options
    Still very inexperienced but has shown enough for me to think he will develop. Nothing wrong with his attitude either so that will help.
  • Options
    The probem with Jackson on the left is that he doesn't spend much time on the left. The coaches are going to be looking at detailed opta breakdowns and will have spotted this. I suspect that is why Powell prefers Kerkar.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Think I cursed him when I answered those Hudders questions that Henry dearly loved.

He's been distinctly average for the past three games. He's proved himself to be a bit of a left sided Danny Green IMO, on and off the boil like a kettle. The life of a winger.
  • Options
    Don't rate Kerkar at all. He's a full backs dream - Show him onto his right foot and he's absolutely clueless. A left winger would be my first purchase in January as he's probably the best we've got there at the moment unfortunately.
  • Options
    Why not bring Wagstaff in and turn him into a Johnny Robinson type, hard-working wide player? Kerkar has not really convinced so far - not awful but no great shakes either - would Waggy make a better fist of it out there?

You have to say that there really is not a huge number of talented left-sided players around the place, hence why Stewart Downing ends up playing for Liverpool.

We have not had a decent left-sided midfielder since Andy Reid, no offence to Jackson but he's really a central player, not really a wideman.
  • Options
    I have to agree that in certain games against a certain type of midfielder (another one who like him can not tackle) he can do good things on the ball

at the Den he was poor very poor however he most offer someting as his assits record indicates he is in the game more often than not

I think we look more balanced when he plays but also expect more from players especially midfielders

we have had a lot worse than him but Saturday was one to forget for Kerker
  • Options
    I think everyone is in agreement that he had a poor game Saturday. However, we seemed to be more under the cosh after he was subbed.

What doesn't help his cause is that he looks awkward or ungainly. We have improved since he's had a run in the team, he has a high number of assists and I like his attitude, highlighted by the way he plays left back, clearly not his position, but just gets on with it.
  • Options

It's taken longer than I thought it would, but it's reassuring to know we've found our traditional scapegoat at last.

I swear some of you have been itching to find someone you can slag of every week.

Wrong. Someone is really only a scapegoat when they are being blamed for failure. In this case, we are on a fabulous run, with a team and manager we all love and admire. Pretty much everyone is getting praise - except Kerkar, for whom about 90% of posters feel he just isn't up to standard. No slagging off, just an exchange of views on a thread all about Kerkar.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Davo55 said:

Wrong. Someone is really only a scapegoat when they are being blamed for failure. In this case, we are on a fabulous run, with a team and manager we all love and admire. Pretty much everyone is getting praise - except Kerkar, for whom about 90% of posters feel he just isn't up to standard. No slagging off, just an exchange of views on a thread all about Kerkar.
    The remaining 10% must be of the same opinion as SCP then who has stuck with him thus far Hmmmmm.............
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    bottled it on a tackle again this weekend and Fenney gave him the complete run around in the first half.

luckily he was taken off, as somebody above said we probably would have lost had he played the full 90.
  • Options
    Deadred said:

Davo55 said:

The remaining 10% must be of the same opinion as SCP then who has stuck with him thus far Hmmmmm.............
    Or, with 2 left backs injured and our only other left footed midfielder playing in the middle Powell has little choice but to play him

• Options
    edited December 2012
    banckzy said:

bottled it on a tackle again this weekend and Fenney gave him the complete run around in the first half.

luckily he was taken off, as somebody above said we probably would have lost had he played the full 90.

I'll take your word for that, he's done an ok job the 4 games on the road I've seen this season apart from the home games and the stats don't lie - leading player in the assists column with six and 8th highest player for minutes on the pitch. What we don't have is the benefit of seeing his performances in training; SCP does and with limited options for left sided balance in the team he rates him. Jackson is the only alternative but is much better suited in CM imo. Whether it's time to give someone else a go LM who is not a natural left footer is another matter.
  • Options
    I think he's a luxury we cant afford in games like saturday.

When you have 10 others putting their foot and heads in, its unfair for someone to have a jolly up. I find the half heartedness unacceptable from a fully grown man.
  • Options
    edited December 2012

I think he's a luxury we cant afford in games like saturday.

When you have 10 others putting their foot and heads in, its unfair for someone to have a jolly up. I find the half heartedness unacceptable from a fully grown man.

Jolly up is a bit harsh VG, so what you are saying is that he was spineless? NLA asked the question the other day apart from John Robinson name recent past Charlton wide men who were renouned for their tackling. How about just a below average performance and a bit intimidated by the atmosphere and occasion?
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Theres a difference between not being able to tackle and shirking. He put in a bit of running so i dont wanna be massively harsh, but it just annoys me seeing grown men pull out of tackles. he'll get hurt.

I asked the other day if Kerkar played in a Old Firm Derby and he has appeared in one, so atmosphere shouldnt be an issue.

There was a point in the first half where we were defending a cross, it got headed away and Kerkar just waved a flicked leg in the air, went straight to them, cos he thought he was gonna get tackled. Thats not acceptable.

I think he can offer something against defensive opposition. I just think not putting yourself on the line for team mates is on at senior level.
  • Options
    Fair enough, be interesting to see if he plays on Saturday then.
  • Options
    He was absoulety pony on saturday can not cross for shit very skillful player but he slows play down a lot
  • Options
    Absolute pony... Wordsworth in Jan please Koc
  • Options
    Wow. Considering the number of Danny Green fans there are I think some are being harsh on Kerkar.

He's our best option at the moment and has a decent number of assists. We'll hopefully improve on him, but no worse than Green, and has been more effective than the likes of BWP and Hollands.