Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Euro 2020 Thread

Comments

• Congrats Spain... You lucky feckers

Probably saving their best penalties for when they face England in the Final no doubt
  • Spain manage to beat a side who had an even worse set of penalties 
  • Blimey, they made hard work of that. 
  • Feel for Switzerland 
  • Congrats Spain.

Spain v Italy/Belgium will be a cracking semi final.
  • Bollox.  All that brave defending and then two of them decided to tap the ball towards the keeper in the shoot out.  If you are going to miss, do so sticking your laces through it.
  • Blimey, they made hard work of that. 

Best team won but as you say they struggled.
  • Absolutely pathetic penalties from Switzerland
  • Tough on the Swiss, wouldn't fancy Spain against either Italy or Belgium based on that.
  • edited July 2021
    Bollox.  All that brave defending and then two of them decided to tap the ball towards the keeper in the shoot out.  If you are going to miss, do so sticking your laces through it.
    Winds me up watching it. Stupid stuttering run ups and a telegraph side footer with zero pace. Just bang it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Bollox.  All that brave defending and then two of them decided to tap the ball towards the keeper in the shoot out.  If you are going to miss, do so sticking your laces through it.
    At least the shitness of the penalty taking was shared amongst several players, so while they'll all be gutted there's no single scapegoat.
  • Spain need to improve their finishing.. 
  • Sommer played so well, very unlucky to lose.
  • The worst penalty shootout I've ever seen.
    The complete opposite of Charlton v Sunderland  which was the best 
  • Bolleaux.  Really wanted Spain to go out.
  • Now we get to see if Italy are good enough to beat a top team. I hope they do as I think we would have too much pace for them if we meet them in the final
  • One of these Spain attacks is probably going to be successful sooner or later.
    Might want to check your tele mate, did you pause it at half time?
    Holy crap! It was paused and 5 minutes behind! The wifey did that and did not tell me!
    I've.....corrected her.

• Spain need to improve their finishing.. 
    I think Spanish fans have been telling Morata that on social media, although not quite as politely. 
  • Spain’s results are ominously close to what Portugal did in 2016.

-Barely get out of group with too many draws (ok Spain won against Slovakia).
    -Beat Croatia in extra time in the round of 16
    -Beat Poland on penalties in the quarter final (Poland needed penalties to get past Switzerland)

Next up…
    -Play the team who beat Belgium in the QF in the semi final?
    -Play the final against the hosts and win in extra time?
  • How did that Spain team beat Germany 6-0??

They’re extremely average and I’d imagine Belgium/Italy will be licking their lips.
  • Sponsored links:

• Awful penalties! Very easy saves for the keeper. Hard, low, into the corners is what I was taught as a kid. 

As for the keepers, the 1st penalties that were scored where both the Spain guy & Sommer guessed, they were no-where near them.

I was a keeper when I was younger, & without guessing where the ball may go, & waiting for that split second after the strike, I reckon I saved about 90% of what I faced. 

I never understand why keepers guess for penalties. They wouldn't guess if there was a shot from near the penalty spot.

It does my nut in!
  • Stefco said:
    Awful penalties! Very easy saves for the keeper. Hard, low, into the corners is what I was taught as a kid. 

As for the keepers, the 1st penalties that were scored where both the Spain guy & Sommer guessed, they were no-where near them.

I was a keeper when I was younger, & without guessing where the ball may go, & waiting for that split second after the strike, I reckon I saved about 90% of what I faced. 

I never understand why keepers guess for penalties. They wouldn't guess if there was a shot from near the penalty spot.

It does my nut in!
    You saved 90% of penalties? 
  • Could sit and watch Italy sing their anthem all night 
  • So who wins this match? I'll take Italy 1-0.
  • So who wins this match? I'll take Italy 1-0.
    Belgium for me, but should be a great match 
  • se9addick said:
    Stefco said:
    Awful penalties! Very easy saves for the keeper. Hard, low, into the corners is what I was taught as a kid. 

It does my nut in!
    Sorry, typo, 80%. Though I reckon closer to 85%. I was actually pretty good with penalties (No BS). Never guessed. Always thought I stood a better chance that way.
  • Mighty Ben WaTson grts a mention 😆
  • Stefco said:
    se9addick said:
    Stefco said:

It does my nut in!
    Sorry, typo, 80%. Though I reckon closer to 85%. I was actually pretty good with penalties (No BS). Never guessed. Always thought I stood a better chance that way.
    I'd guess that even a 40% penalty save record would be good for a keeper.

How old were you?
  • Stefco said:
    se9addick said:
    Stefco said:

It does my nut in!
    You was probably facing fat Dave, not the best players in Spain.