Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Euro 2020 Thread

Comments

• Chiesa looks their most dangerous player tonight too and he's not one of the scorers!
  • What a load of shit. Never a pen 
  • Why would you DO that!!
  • Silly foul, he wasn't going anywhere.
  • Maybe spoke too soon...

So so soft though
  • Shoved him over - pen for me...
  • Italy never used to play like this...
    Especially when 1-0 up, would have been everyone in their own area.
  • Crucial penalty that, sets the second half up brilliantly 
  • Very soft penalty IMO. Sets up a cracking second half though.
  • Sponsored links:

• Thought it was def pen, at that speed and it was a clear push not a shoulder to shoulder.
  • Yeah only one winner of this tournament. 
    My goodness, he’s done it again… :-)
  • Cracking game this.
  • Best game of the tournament this, in terms of quality.
  • Stefco said:
    se9addick said:
    Stefco said:
    Awful penalties! Very easy saves for the keeper. Hard, low, into the corners is what I was taught as a kid. 

As for the keepers, the 1st penalties that were scored where both the Spain guy & Sommer guessed, they were no-where near them.

I was a keeper when I was younger, & without guessing where the ball may go, & waiting for that split second after the strike, I reckon I saved about 90% of what I faced. 

I never understand why keepers guess for penalties. They wouldn't guess if there was a shot from near the penalty spot.

It does my nut in!
    You saved 90% of penalties? 
    Sorry, typo, 80%. Though I reckon closer to 85%. I was actually pretty good with penalties (No BS). Never guessed. Always thought I stood a better chance that way.
    Even playing as a kid in the park I'd alway wait for the ball to be kicked and save most of the time.  But then, I've heard players practice penalties by telling the 'keeper which way they're going and still score most of the time.  I guess the 'keeper's reaction times don't get much faster as they grow up but the leg power of the kicker increases a lot making the time to react if you wait for the kick to be taken too little for you to get to the ball.
  • edited July 2021
    If we end up playing Italy: PICK UP SPINAZZOLA.  

Swear no one has bothered so far.

Belgium have 5 at the back and not one is covering that left wing.
  • Great finish, but shoddy defending 
    Stand off and let him score a worldie.  Where did we see that last season?
  • If ever you needed hard evidence that playacting is rife, watch that goal again once the ball has hit the net. 
    And yet still nothing happens about it. No punishment for the playacting at all. Then Lineker and his chums just had a laugh about it at halftime. Shouldn’t we be trying to discourage this?
  • Yeah only one winner of this tournament. 
    My goodness, he’s done it again… :-)
    Clearly talking about England of course...
  • Stefco said:
    se9addick said:
    Stefco said:
    Awful penalties! Very easy saves for the keeper. Hard, low, into the corners is what I was taught as a kid. 

As for the keepers, the 1st penalties that were scored where both the Spain guy & Sommer guessed, they were no-where near them.

I was a keeper when I was younger, & without guessing where the ball may go, & waiting for that split second after the strike, I reckon I saved about 90% of what I faced. 

I never understand why keepers guess for penalties. They wouldn't guess if there was a shot from near the penalty spot.

It does my nut in!
    You saved 90% of penalties? 
    Sorry, typo, 80%. Though I reckon closer to 85%. I was actually pretty good with penalties (No BS). Never guessed. Always thought I stood a better chance that way.
    Even playing as a kid in the park I'd alway wait for the ball to be kicked and save most of the time.  But then, I've heard players practice penalties by telling the 'keeper which way they're going and still score most of the time.  I guess the 'keeper's reaction times don't get much faster as they grow up but the leg power of the kicker increases a lot making the time to react if you wait for the kick to be taken too little for you to get to the ball.
    I highly doubt I'd have the same level of success as an adult player, had I played for longer, but again, I always feel there is a better chance by delaying.

Some pens where players hit down the middle after the keeper has gone just seem a cheap way to concede.

Case in point. Had Donnarumma not gone anywhere, he would've saved that penalty from Lukaku.
  • Sponsored links:

• Needed that Belgian goal. 
    England are in a major international football tournament with no African representation.

England are in a major international football tournament with no African representation.

England draw 0-0 in the group stage with a  country with a population a mere fraction of England's.

England draw 0-0 in the group stage with a country with a population a mere fraction of England's.

England progress to quarter-final having scored four and conceded none.

England progress to quarter-final having scored four and conceded none.

England win last game before quarter-final 2-0.

England win last game before quarter-final 2-0.
    England win the final 4-2 with all 4 goals scored by West Ham playersno goals scored by Man Utd players.

Declan Rice...Shaw and Maguire dropped for final.

• Dazzler21 said:
    Scoham said:
    Someone’s managed to raise over £7k to give to the parents of the crying German girl so they can buy a present for her. Weird and unnecessary or am I missing something?
    Being that grown men were calling her a slut and a nazi c*nt, I think it's a nice gesture...

Those tweets are forever on the internet now and may be used to bully her as she grows older, though I truly hope not.
    Really?? There’s some real arseholes in this world 
    Yeah one person challenged it and the reply was something along the lines of 'she shouldn't have gassed the jews'.

Twitter really does enable wronguns to spread their hatred.
  • Goalies dive for penalty’s before they’re hit because professional footballers can take them with such power and precision that they travel faster over 12 yards than those taken by the Dog & Duck. You cannot compare your own experiences as a keeper unless you’ve actually faced a proper penalty taker.
  • Goalies dive for penalty’s before they’re hit because professional footballers can take them with such power and precision that they travel faster over 12 yards than those taken by the Dog & Duck. You cannot compare your own experiences as a keeper unless you’ve actually faced a proper penalty taker.
    The power behind the penalties tonight looked liked they had been taken by a dog and duck
  • Doku a real live wire for the Belgians
  • philcafc said:
    Doku a real live wire for the Belgians
    Looks really sharp.
  • How hasn't that gone in?
  • Lukaku has to score there.
  • philcafc said:
    Doku a real live wire for the Belgians
    Only just 19 too.

Rennes look decent having hin and Camavinga.