Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Euro 2020 Thread

Comments

• Surely Belgium needed to try something different this half, another striker to occupy the centre backs as well as Lukaku.
  • I'd play about 20 mins injury time here if I was the ref.
  • Another tournament in which Belgium have failed to impress.
  • edited July 2021
    I've been on Italy since day one and other than the Austria match where they were mediocre until ET they have  looked the best equipped team for going 7 matches.
  • The better team won.
  • Second half wasnt great.
  • edited July 2021
    Another tournament in which Belgium have failed to impress.
    Kind of feels like that’s the window closed on their “Golden Generation” to win something. Bit of a shame because smaller nations like that won’t have many opportunities to make history but consistently on the big stage they’ve never managed to make a whole that was worth more than the sum of their parts. 
  • Best team won but my god they are frustrating with the way they play out the game. 

• God they'd best bury Spain
  • Sponsored links:

• se9addick said:
    I feel like Italy have taken the shine off their great performance with some of the nonsense in the latter part of the match 
    Absolutely this. 
    Italy were brilliant when they were playing football. The bullshit antics they were getting up to just makes them look like pricks. I know gamesmanship and game management is part of football, but this was really quite irritating and they did it throughout the match, then ramped it up even more towards the end.
    Don’t get me wrong, they deserved the win, they were excellent. But honestly, I hope they lose to Spain. Not because I fear them, but because I hope this behaviour doesn’t win the title.

• Some Italian nonsense at the end but they are quality and are going to be very tough to beat
  • Eddie Merx, Katrien Meire, Tin Tin, Roland Duchatelet, King Albert, Christopher Le Point, Karel Fraeye, can you hear me? Your boys talk a hell of a beating
  • se9addick said:
    I feel like Italy have taken the shine off their great performance with some of the nonsense in the latter part of the match 
    Absolutely this. 
    Italy were brilliant when they were playing football. The bullshit antics they were getting up to just makes them look like pricks. I know gamesmanship and game management is part of football, but this was really quite irritating and they did it throughout the match, then ramped it up even more towards the end.
    Don’t get me wrong, they deserved the win, they were excellent. But honestly, I hope they lose to Spain. Not because I fear them, but because I hope this behaviour doesn’t win the title.

Supporting this Spain over this Italy revokes your watching-Euros license I'm afraid mate
    Has Martinez got the most out of them? Great at qualifying, but don’t win the big games when it counts 
  • philcafc said:
    Some Italian nonsense at the end but they are quality and are going to be very tough to beat
    Italy v Spain should be a good game. Hard to call for me.
    Has Martinez got the most out of them? Great at qualifying, but don’t win the big games when it counts 
    Sounds very familiar 
  • Leuth said:
    se9addick said:
    Absolutely this. 

Supporting this Spain over this Italy revokes your watching-Euros license I'm afraid mate
    Yeah. Fair enough. 😂
  • Hope Italy are thumped by Spain.  They have wonderful players but there is nothing I hate more in football than cheating, diving pricks.  Would have disallowed their first goal for obstruction to make a point if I was the ref, then sent Immobile off. No place for that on a pitch.
    You could argue that anyone could’ve done as well with the group of players he’s had at his disposal. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Even worse than Italy's antics is the tedious moral thundering that follows them. Ref handled it pretty well, Italy deserved to win, hope they smash boring crap Spain to pieces
  • edited July 2021
    People surprised that when required Italy get the shithousery out, where you been? The absolute fucking king of the art is there Captain
  • Leuth said:
    Even worse than Italy's antics is the tedious moral thundering that follows them. Ref handled it pretty well, Italy deserved to win, hope they smash boring crap Spain to pieces
    Oh come on. 
    Players feigning injury is, admittedly, a pet hate of mine anyway, but that was ridiculous. Nobody is thundering with morals, it’s just a bit disappointing when talented players resort to such bullshit tactics.
  • What a fabulous game and what an amazing tournament! After the cynicism of the EPL, I'm learning to love football again thanks to this year late extravaganza. I can't see Spain getting anywhere near Italy in the semi, but then again, I thought the Swiss had no chance against France. Even so, an England v Italy final is looking very likely. We'll need to get the prayer mats out if that's the case.
  • Leuth said:
    Even worse than Italy's antics is the tedious moral thundering that follows them. Ref handled it pretty well, Italy deserved to win, hope they smash boring crap Spain to pieces
    “Boring”? Spain v Czech Republic was a really exciting match, just got overshadowed when Switzerland beat France in the later kick off. 
  • se9addick said:
    Leuth said:
    “Boring”? Spain v Czech Republic was a really exciting match, just got overshadowed when Switzerland beat France in the later kick off. 
    You mean Croatia?
    I guess it wasn’t that memorable… 😎
  • se9addick said:
    Leuth said:
    You mean Croatia?
    I guess it wasn’t that memorable… 😎
    Ha, that was the one!
  • Lots of goals in Spain-Croatia but it wasn't a particularly absorbing, high-quality affair, and Croatia defended atrociously
  • Spinazzola will be a big miss v Spain if his injury is as bad as it looked, he's linked up with Insigne so well, and I can see Emerson trying to push on as much but leaving gaps at the back where he's not as good.

Will be interesting if Spain try to target in behind Emerson.