Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Euro 2020 Thread

Comments

• Stefco said:
    se9addick said:
    Stefco said:
    Awful penalties! Very easy saves for the keeper. Hard, low, into the corners is what I was taught as a kid. 

As for the keepers, the 1st penalties that were scored where both the Spain guy & Sommer guessed, they were no-where near them.

I was a keeper when I was younger, & without guessing where the ball may go, & waiting for that split second after the strike, I reckon I saved about 90% of what I faced. 

I never understand why keepers guess for penalties. They wouldn't guess if there was a shot from near the penalty spot.

It does my nut in!
    You saved 90% of penalties? 
    Sorry, typo, 80%. Though I reckon closer to 85%. I was actually pretty good with penalties (No BS). Never guessed. Always thought I stood a better chance that way.
    Righto 
  • edited July 2021
    About 3 offsides there. 
    Well at least 2.
  • edited July 2021
    Lets see what you're made of Belgium...

Just another Golden Generation like the England team under Sven

Ooo lucky waffle eaters
  • So who wins this match? I'll take Italy 1-0.

• With the whole “let play come to a natural conclusion before deciding if the goal was offside” the role of the linesman is becoming pretty redundant 
  • Belgium looking dangerous on the break 
  • This is turning into a great game.
  • Stefco said:
    se9addick said:
    Stefco said:
    Awful penalties! Very easy saves for the keeper. Hard, low, into the corners is what I was taught as a kid. 

As for the keepers, the 1st penalties that were scored where both the Spain guy & Sommer guessed, they were no-where near them.

I was a keeper when I was younger, & without guessing where the ball may go, & waiting for that split second after the strike, I reckon I saved about 90% of what I faced. 

I never understand why keepers guess for penalties. They wouldn't guess if there was a shot from near the penalty spot.

It does my nut in!
    Sorry, typo, 80%. Though I reckon closer to 85%. I was actually pretty good with penalties (No BS). Never guessed. Always thought I stood a better chance that way.
    I'd guess that even a 40% penalty save record would be good for a keeper.

How old were you?
    Between the ages of 7-20. I was a big bastard for my age. I also have a positive ape index, meaning my arm span is greater than my height.
  • Stefco said:
    se9addick said:
    Stefco said:

It does my nut in!
    You was probably facing fat Dave, not the best players in Spain.
    He sounds familiar! :-D
  • Stefco said:
    Stefco said:
    se9addick said:
    Stefco said:

It does my nut in!

How old were you?
    Between the ages of 7-20. I was a big bastard for my age. I also have a positive ape index, meaning my arm span is greater than my height.
    What about the size of your knob 
  • Sponsored links:

• Stefco said:
    se9addick said:
    Stefco said:

It does my nut in!

How old were you?
    Under 10’s team, he was 37…
    I looked it! :-D
  • Great finish, but shoddy defending 
  • Italy never used to play like this...
  • Italy looking very difficult opponents here
  • Barella - tidy little player. Not sure why he couldn't do that when I was backing him through the group stage though! Sod's law.
  • How did you get on today? 

Immobile:  🤌🏻🤌🏻🤌🏻🤌🏻🤌🏻
  • If ever you needed hard evidence that playacting is rife, watch that goal again once the ball has hit the net. 
    Even my wife was cracking up at it.
  • Scoham said:
    Someone’s managed to raise over £7k to give to the parents of the crying German girl so they can buy a present for her. Weird and unnecessary or am I missing something?
    Being that grown men were calling her a slut and a nazi c*nt, I think it's a nice gesture...

Those tweets are forever on the internet now and may be used to bully her as she grows older, though I truly hope not.
  • Apologies for bouncing that post, for some reason I opened this on page 159
  • Sponsored links:

• What a fucking goal
  • Fantastic goal by a great player
  • Anyone still think Italy aren't good?
  • The Italians are going to take some stopping if they keep this up.
  • Belgium are screwed
  • Yeah only one winner of this tournament. 
  • Belgium really really poor. Don’t look like they want it at all.

Italy on the other hand look excellent.
  • Italy look really good tonight. 
  • England v Italy Final... the latter to win it!!
  • Italy look very impressive here and every inch a side who haven't lost for 31 games.