Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Euro 2020 Thread

Comments

• edited June 2021
    Danepak said:
    UEFA in talks to postpone until 2021.
    Part of me will be gutted, if this happens. Another part will be well pleased, as I'm likely on holiday in Europe

se9addick said:
    Denmark have a very decent team at the moment.

We've only lost 2 games (after 90 mins) since October 2016 (both vs Belgium).
    We are going to come up against Belgium at some point unless we bomb. My preference would be the final. I think they would be our toughest game.
    I don’t. I think their defence is poor. We beat them at home and arguably were well hard done by away to them as I recall a mistake for the goal and Grealish was awesome that night.

• Danepak said:
    Part of me will be gutted, if this happens. Another part will be well pleased, as I'm likely on holiday in Europe

se9addick said:
    Denmark have a very decent team at the moment.

We've only lost 2 games (after 90 mins) since October 2016 (both vs Belgium).
    We are going to come up against Belgium at some point unless we bomb. My preference would be the final. I think they would be our toughest game.
    I don’t. I think their defence is poor. We beat them at home and arguably were well hard done by away to them as I recall a mistake for the goal and Grealish was awesome that night.

Jack and Gary, a modern love story.
  • edited June 2021
    France to win the tournament,  benzema top gs is 38s. Huge price, he is going to be going out there with a point to prove

France/Mbappe at 24s too
  • Also backed france vs Italy final at 36s
  • Danepak said:

Don’t want to disappoint you mate, but we’re in 2021 already!

Bloody website!
    I typed the original post last year, but never posted it. For some reason it kept the draft and posted it along with my new post.
  • Whole Spain squad is in self-isolation after Sergio Busquets returned a positive COVID test

As a result they've had to pull out of their final friendly against Lithuania.
  • Whole Spain squad is in self-isolation after Sergio Busquets returned a positive COVID test

Would be interesting to know what happens if that happens during the tournament?

Would be interesting to know what happens if that happens during the tournament?
    Its one reason I dont understand why UEFA havent just scrapped this multi-country tournament and just put it in one place.
  • has anyone heard anything about the last 16 rearranged match at Wembley?
  • PopIcon said:
    has anyone heard anything about the last 16 rearranged match at Wembley?
    I had a ticket for L16 through England membership. Expecting to be offered a ticket whenever England get there. Not sure what else to mention. 
  • Sponsored links:

• PopIcon said:
    has anyone heard anything about the last 16 rearranged match at Wembley?
    I had a ticket for L16 through England membership. Expecting to be offered a ticket whenever England get there. Not sure what else to mention. 
    I had a ticket through UEFA, was informed I would be offered priority booking on rearranged fixture. Not a dicky-bird from UEFA, their customer care is terrible.

Its one reason I dont understand why UEFA havent just scrapped this multi-country tournament and just put it in one place.
    Have UEFA mentioned any rules for the tournament if countries can’t put out a side due to covid?

Have UEFA mentioned any rules for the tournament if countries can’t put out a side due to covid?
    I'll be delighted if I'm proved wrong but do you think UEFA have thought that far in advance? ;)
  • Is the BBC broadcasting Euro 2020 in 4K this year?

In fact is there any way of getting these games in 4k?
  • edited June 2021
    Whole Spain squad is in self-isolation after Sergio Busquets returned a positive COVID test

I'll be delighted if I'm proved wrong but do you think UEFA have thought that far in advance? ;)
    If a nation can't field a team I think it is pretty obvious they will exit the tournament. It isn't like the league where games can be postponed, the tournament has to flow to a schedule. If they have to field an weakened team, they field a weakened team.
  • Is the BBC broadcasting Euro 2020 in 4K this year?

In fact is there any way of getting these games in 4k?
    Yes, you can watch in 4K through iPlayer I think 
  • supaclive said:
    Watching Spain v Portugal.  Portugal are old.  And slow.  Mainly.
    Portugal didn't play any of Ruben Dias, Cancelo, Bernardo silva, Moutinho or Andre Silva. And Bruno Fernandes only came on as a second half sub.

They'll be very tough to beat.
  • UEFA has established exceptional measures in the case of a team suffering from an outbreak during the competition:

1. In the event that a group of players from a team is placed in mandatory quarantine or self-isolation following a decision by a competent national/local authority, the match will start as scheduled provided the team in question has at least 13 players available.

2. If a national association is unable to field a line-up of the minimum number of players then the match, if possible, will be rescheduled within 48 hours of the original date. UEFA will also have the power to assign the rescheduled fixture to an alternate venue.

3. If the match can't be rescheduled, the UEFA Control, Ethics and Disciplinary Body will make a decision on the matter. UEFA will declare that a match that isn't played will be considered as a 3-0 defeat for the team impacted by the virus.

4. If any member of the refereeing team designated for a match tests positive for COVID-19, UEFA may appoint replacement match officials who may be of the same nationality as one of the teams involved in the match. This will come down to the availability of negatively-tested officials and nothing more.

https://www.marca.com/en/football/spanish-football/2021/06/07/60be0f2b22601de0048b463a.html

• edited June 2021
    Germany currently 5-0 up at HT against the mighty Latvia.

Bit like Italy v San Marino you have to wonder why they've bothered getting opponents like this
  • Germany currently 5-0 up at HT against the mighty Latvia.

Bit like Italy v San Marino you have to wonder why they've bothered getting opponents like this
    I suppose the confidence of putting the ball in the net.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 2021
    Germany currently 5-0 up at HT against the mighty Latvia.

So why doesnt everyone do it...

Cmon lets be serious, England fans would implode if we had pre-tournament games against Gibraltar etc.
  • edited June 2021
    Well England organised tougher games and played a lot of players not even in the squad. I suppose Germany and Italy had a number of reasons for it but we can hardly judge too critically.

We had a similar discussion about Charlton. Before a tournament friendlies are to prepare you for the tournament and what fans want is irrelevant.

So why doesnt everyone do it...

Cmon lets be serious, England fans would implode if we had pre-tournament games against Gibraltar etc.
    We would scrape a 1-0 win against Gibraltar.
  • edited June 2021

Interesting that Germany played there City and Chelsea players tonight. 
  • Fucking odd build up for England, play the last 2 friendlies with over half the first 11 not playing. Play each game with alot of players who are not even in the squad. Trippier LB , play a non natural RB (Godfrey) whilst having 3 RB in the squad. 

Its got the be the worst build up possible, not having one match where at least most of the starting 11 will play, i just dont get it at all. 

Even the replacement to TAA, Ben White is a good defender and i'd have over Mings.. but how has JWP not got in the squad? 

I really dont know what to expect we have some of the best talent we have had in years, but given the build up i am not confident. 
  • Fucking odd build up for England, play the last 2 friendlies with over half the first 11 not playing. Play each game with alot of players who are not even in the squad. Trippier LB , play a non natural RB (Godfrey) whilst having 3 RB in the squad. 

Its got the be the worst build up possible, not having one match where at least most of the starting 11 will play, i just dont get it at all. 

Even the replacement to TAA, Ben White is a good defender and i'd have over Mings.. but how has JWP not got in the squad? 

I really dont know what to expect we have some of the best talent we have had in years, but given the build up i am not confident. 
    I doubt England planned on 3 of the 4 European final teams being English after such a hectic season. I imagine conditioning coaches within the camp are taking the best possible measures to ensure our players are ready to go.

I doubt England planned on 3 of the 4 European final teams being English after such a hectic season. I imagine conditioning coaches within the camp are taking the best possible measures to ensure our players are ready to go.
    Yeah i assume that is the main reason, just bloody odd maybe due to the lack of break in between seasons and busy season. Such a shame really, i still find it bizarre those that played in the Champions league final haven't been involved, also surely we could have had one more game eg. today/ tomorrow where we could have used them even with caution. 

Feels like the worst prep possible, but you never know if it leads to us becoming the Champions then fairplay. 
  • edited June 2021
    Maybe they should have looked at it player by player. I mean, maybe give Stones some time on Sunday playing with a probable partner for the Croatia game.