Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Euro 2020 Thread

Comments

• se9addick said:
    Scotland are the Charlton of International Football

2-2 in the 89th minute... Regardless thats a damned good result for Scotland even if they lose 3-2, should definitely be targeting the second round 
    Subs had ruined the match by then, Scotland basically won 2-1!

😉
  • Loved Lee Dixon's reaction to the Scotland result 
  • All joking aside @se9addick a good result for your lads with some main players missing from the side you put out 👏👍.
  • RedChaser said:
    All joking aside @se9addick a good result for your lads with some main players missing from the side you put out 👏👍.
    Yeah it’s a decent result, probably the best Scotland have looked going forward I can remember in a long time. 

Still have very limited hopes for the tournament, need to beat Czech Rep in the first match because England will hammer us and then it will be about seeing if we can get something against Croatia.  
  • se9addick said:
    RedChaser said:
    All joking aside @se9addick a good result for your lads with some main players missing from the side you put out 👏👍.
    Yeah it’s a decent result, probably the best Scotland have looked going forward I can remember in a long time. 

Still have very limited hopes for the tournament, need to beat Czech Rep in the first match because England will hammer us and then it will be about seeing if we can get something against Croatia.  
    Bet we wont!! - Expecting a repeat performance of England v Wales @ Euro 2016
  • Germany only managed a 1-1 draw with Denmark
  • edited June 2021
    se9addick said:
    RedChaser said:

I’m not so sure about us hammering you. On paper we have more quality but games aren’t won on paper and we do have previous for choking as the favourites. Plus you’ve always raised your game against the auld enemy I’ll take a 1-0 win now 😉.
  • Germany only managed a 1-1 draw with Denmark
    yeah but Denmark beat Austria 4 nil. 
  • se9addick said:
    RedChaser said:

RedChaser said:
    se9addick said:
    RedChaser said:

I’m not so sure about us hammering you. On paper we have more quality but games aren’t won on paper and we do have previous for choking as the favourites. Plus you’ve always raised your game against the auld enemy I’ll take a 1-0 win now 😉.
    We’ll see!
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 2021
    se9addick said:
    se9addick said:
    RedChaser said:

RedChaser said:
    se9addick said:
    RedChaser said:

We’ll see!
    2-2 or a 2-1 win for England is my prediction - First goal will be so bloody important for Scotland.
  • I know they havent qualified but its probably a good thing

Ireland are beating Andorra 4-1 in a friendly... but went 1-0 down!! 
  • se9addick said:
    RedChaser said:

Maybe you can help.
    I bought a panini sticker album for the kids, and for me if I'm honest.
    So looking through it has the countries and translations for other countries.
    For Scotland it has Schottland as their 1st translation and made me chuckle. Surely only Sean Connery says Schottland?😀
  • edited June 2021
    se9addick said:
    RedChaser said:

Maybe you can help.
    I bought a panini sticker album for the kids, and for me if I'm honest.
    So looking through it has the countries and translations for other countries.
    For Scotland it has Schottland as their 1st translation and made me chuckle. Surely only Sean Connery says Schottland?😀
    Ha, German I think (“Meine vater und muter komme aus Schottland” is ingrained from my German oral GCSE test 20 years ago!).

Connery must have been a master of languages!
  • edited June 2021
    Lol yes that’s definitely German
  • se9addick said:
    Denmark have a very decent team at the moment.
    I don't think the result would have surprised many.
  • Watching Spain v Portugal.  Portugal are old.  And slow.  Mainly.
  • supaclive said:
    Watching Spain v Portugal.  Portugal are old.  And slow.  Mainly.
    They will look like greyhounds when they play us if the draw goes that way
  • Tickets came through today for the England games. Got a 7:30 entry slot for Scotland game. Mate has got 5:30PM for an 8PM Kick off. 
  • Sponsored links:

• As a kid I would also support the home nations as well as England and now I’m older I’m back in that place again. I hope Scotland and Wales both have a decent run. 
  • Italy spanking Czech Rep 4-0
    Italy are dark horses.

Unbeaten in quite a while I think.
    Italy are dark horses.

FlashScore states they last lost a game in September 2018!
    Italy are dark horses.

FlashScore states they last lost a game in September 2018!
    I know we all stopped football for a bit but that's still good going.
  • I'd fancy us against Italy although they have impressed last couple of years. Not sure their defence is up to much, getting on a bit. They look a solid team without any real superstars but sure they'll do ok. 
  • UEFA in talks to postpone until 2021.
    Part of me will be gutted, if this happens. Another part will be well pleased, as I'm likely on holiday in Europe

se9addick said:

We've only lost 2 games (after 90 mins) since October 2016 (both vs Belgium).
  • edited June 2021
    Danepak said:
    UEFA in talks to postpone until 2021.
    Part of me will be gutted, if this happens. Another part will be well pleased, as I'm likely on holiday in Europe

se9addick said:

We are going to come up against Belgium at some point unless we bomb. My preference would be the final. I think they would be our toughest game.
  • Danepak said:
    UEFA in talks to postpone until 2021.

se9addick said:

The Huddersfield of international football!