Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Euro 2020 Thread

Comments

• edited September 2021
    Could start to make things interesting.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57330350

we'll still beat your gaggle of overrated shitc***s 

shitc***s?
  • edited June 2021
    Nothing more edgy than the sort of fans that say they “won’t watch the Euros” than those who choose to support any team that face England. 

;)
  • Why isn’t this tournament now called Euro 21?  I know it’s the postponed Euro 20 but as it’s now 2021 why not just rename it. Of no importance given the overall run of things but I do find it strangely irritating 
  • Why isn’t this tournament now called Euro 21?  I know it’s the postponed Euro 20 but as it’s now 2021 why not just rename it. Of no importance given the overall run of things but I do find it strangely irritating 
    Everything marketing and advertising had already been produced etc. Purely financial to save rebranding everything.
  • edited June 2021
    Why isn’t this tournament now called Euro 21?  I know it’s the postponed Euro 20 but as it’s now 2021 why not just rename it. Of no importance given the overall run of things but I do find it strangely irritating 
    Everything marketing and advertising had already been produced etc. Purely financial to save rebranding everything.
    Ah yes.  I didn’t think of that. Good point. Cue the Sillybilly comments........

As aside, it’s a sign of the footballing times that the Scotland 26 man squad contains one player only from its national champions. And he is normally a reserve for his club, playing only when the club captain is injured. Probably not that odd when you analyse it. England only have three from Citeh off the top of my head and I dare say without looking it up that the same is true of some other countries e.g Portugal or France where the superstars tend to play for clubs in bigger leagues. 
  • Wales get the luxury of being the first team to face France tonight in a warm up friendly

The latter playing: Griezmann | Benzema | Mbappe up front...
  • edited September 2021
    PopIcon said:
    Could start to make things interesting.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57330350

we'll still beat your gaggle of overrated shitc***s 

shitc***s?
    Yeah , rather than good c***s

ie “I’ve a lot of time for that @foreveraddickted, he’s a good c***”
    Thanks for clearing that up.
    Ah yes.  I didn’t think of that. Good point. Cue the Sillybilly comments........

As aside, it’s a sign of the footballing times that the Scotland 26 man squad contains one player only from its national champions. And he is normally a reserve for his club, playing only when the club captain is injured. Probably not that odd when you analyse it. England only have three from Citeh off the top of my head and I dare say without looking it up that the same is true of some other countries e.g Portugal or France where the superstars tend to play for clubs in bigger leagues. 
    Not that it makes a huge difference but Ryan Jack would also be going from Rangers if he wasn’t injured 
  • Sponsored links:

• Scotland currently beating the Netherlands... WTF!! 
  • edited June 2021
    Why isn’t this tournament now called Euro 21?  I know it’s the postponed Euro 20 but as it’s now 2021 why not just rename it. Of no importance given the overall run of things but I do find it strangely irritating 

Not that it makes a huge difference but Ryan Jack would also be going from Rangers if he wasn’t injured 
    And McGregor would be first choice ‘keeper if it wasn’t for, well, other stuff 
    1-1 now... Panic over
    1-1 now... Panic over
    My initial reaction was that’s double Dutch FA plenty of football left yet😉 
    1-1 now... Panic over
    Had a decent chance to make it 2-0 before the Dutch equaliser.
  • se9addick said:
    Scotland currently beating the Netherlands... WTF!! 
    1-1 now... Panic over
    Had a decent chance to make it 2-0 before the Dutch equaliser.
    Gutted for you mate😉
  • Chris Gunter up against Mbappe tonight plus Benzema and Griezmann
  • edited June 2021
    That was some moustache on the Steward in the front row at the Riverside just now, Groucho Marx eat your heart out! Highlight of the half for me so far.
  • This is pedestrian at best. 
  • Sponsored links:

• RedChaser said:
    That was some moustache on the Steward in the front row at the Riverside just now, Groucho Marx eat your heart out! Highlight of the half for me so far.
    I assumed it was a mask.
  • RedChaser said:
    I assumed it was a mask.
    Really? I Should’ve gone to spec savers 🤓.
  • Excellent second goal for Scotland, great cross by Robertson for Nisbet 
  • se9addick said:
    Excellent second goal for Scotland, great cross by Robertson for Nisbet 
    Christ its coming home North of the Border isnt it
  • se9addick said:

• edited June 2021
    Can we find out if these Austrians are really Austrian as they a big bunch of cloggers.
  • se9addick said:
    At least three starting XI missing due to Covid too!
  • se9addick said:
    se9addick said:
    At least three starting XI missing due to Covid too!
    Never mind all that England have simultaneously taken the lead 😄.
  • Scotland are the Charlton of International Football

2-2 in the 89th minute... Regardless thats a damned good result for Scotland even if they lose 3-2, should definitely be targeting the second round 
  • Scotland are the Charlton of International Football

2-2 in the 89th minute... Regardless thats a damned good result for Scotland even if they lose 3-2, should definitely be targeting the second round 
    Subs had ruined the match by then, Scotland basically won 2-1!