Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Euro 2020 Thread

Comments

• edited May 2021
    Few spares available through the members club if anyone JUST missed out previously. Guess a lot of people don’t want to go full stop or don’t want to go alone.
  • ENGLAND SQUAD 

Can’t believe he’s not picked Konza an “World Cup Winner with England” “61 Premiership games with Aston Villa” what’s the lad got do ?

surely we need a team full of talented winners - not just potential talent 
  • Feel sorry for Pope - such bad timing 
  • Anyone seen a good wallchart?  Like it to be a bit different to the standard newspaper ones with a random picture of the trophy etc.

Tempted by either my normal choice of the When Saturday Comes one:

https://www.wsc.co.uk/stories/14374-wsc-410-european-championship-special-with-team-guide-wallchart-out-now

Or this given it's nice and a good cause:

http://www.quinkyart.com/p/euro-2020-wallchart.html?m=1

But interested if anyone else has seen any good designs?
  • FYI- Racing Post Euro 2020 pullout is out on the 3rd June. An absolute must if you are considering betting at all on the Euros.
  • yes I’m going to Wembley for round 2 game - possible winners of the Italy 🇮🇹 Group 
  • To anyone going to the matches at Wembley. Has anyone booked pubs before the game? Always go to The Torch and cannot get any slot for Scotland game. Was just planning to turn up on matchday like normal, but looking unlikely that will be allowed.

• Drink central mate, Wembley is terrible for boozers.
  • To anyone going to the matches at Wembley. Has anyone booked pubs before the game? Always go to The Torch and cannot get any slot for Scotland game. Was just planning to turn up on matchday like normal, but looking unlikely that will be allowed.

Baker street
  • Who we all backing?

Hard to see past France for me.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited May 2021
    To anyone going to the matches at Wembley. Has anyone booked pubs before the game? Always go to The Torch and cannot get any slot for Scotland game. Was just planning to turn up on matchday like normal, but looking unlikely that will be allowed.

Is Boxpark fully booked? Literally right on Wembley's doorstep and was really good in there before/after the playoff final.
  • Who we all backing?

Hard to see past France for me.
    Portugal are my pick, France next for me then England. I mean with a bit of luck we have a great chance but also those two are a bit more organised/ freeflowing. Never say never
  • France.

Belgium and Portugal look very good too.
  • England can definitely win it, my biggest concern would be Southgate being able to get the best out of the amazing attacking talent he has at his disposal. 

I would like to see Belgium win it (if Scotland decide they don’t want to!) because it feels like the window is closing for their “golden generation” and for smaller countries like Belgium those opportunities don’t come round all that often.  
  • difficult to see past France, I always have a few quid on Italy in every major tournament for some reason as well
  • edited May 2021
    I think England can get to the Final if they show up to each game from the very start, Germany in the second round could be interesting but they're on an awful run whilst Spain (potentially in the Quarters) dont look threatening enough anymore.

Hardest task will be winning the Group, teams will sit back against us first and foremost as even three draws could get you through.

We'll also have the media doing their best to give team information away before each game too no doubt
  • Belgium have been fortunate with the draw and i think they'll get found it later in the tournament. Their defence is poor.

France have the depth in squad, but that group is ridiculously hard. Even Hungary arent a bad side.

Italy have been going about their business nicely, but we dont really know how good they are until they face a top side.

Dont rate Spains squad, nor the Dutch (i think Ukraine will win that group).

England definitely have the players. That last 16 game is gonna be huge.
  • edited May 2021
    To anyone going to the matches at Wembley. Has anyone booked pubs before the game? Always go to The Torch and cannot get any slot of for Scotland game. Was just planning to turn up on matchday like normal, but looking unlikely that will be allowed.

Is Boxpark fully booked? Literally right on Wembley's doorstep and was really good in there before/after the playoff final.
    Problem is everywhere is only 90mins time slots that I could see. Just gave up and booked somewhere for lunch in London also a pub in West Hampstead for the first half of the second game and will probably have to drink cans on Wembley walk before the game.

There will be thousands and thousands of Scots around Wembley on that day. Can’t see pubs turning down ridiculous huge trade on that day.
  • I think England can get to the Final if they show up to each game from the very start, Germany in the second round could be interesting but they're on an awful run whilst Spain (potentially in the Quarters) dont look threatening enough anymore.

Hardest task will be winning the Group, teams will sit back against us first and foremost as even three draws could get you through.

We'll also have the media doing their best to give team information away before each game too no doubt
    I'd prefer to play Germany to be honest, but with France and Portugal in their group there's a strong chance Germany could finish 3rd.
  • I think England can get to the Final if they show up to each game from the very start, Germany in the second round could be interesting but they're on an awful run whilst Spain (potentially in the Quarters) dont look threatening enough anymore.

I'd prefer to play Germany to be honest, but with France and Portugal in their group there's a strong chance Germany could finish 3rd.
    Yeah its why I think that one could be a very interesting game.

Would certainly prefer to play Germany but they're one of these teams who usually shows up to a Tournament and do well

They only went out in the Group Stages of the World Cup because of the winners jinx

Although their Qualifying and Nations League performances havent said it was a simple blip.
  • Sponsored links:

• If we win our group and then win THAT ro16 fixture...we will go all the way. FACT.
  • If we win our group and then win THAT ro16 fixture...we will go all the way. FACT.
    Not sure how a prediction can ever be claimed as a FACT lol 
  • Not long until the tournament kicks off, still not heard anything regarding the rearranged Dublin match.
  • https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/euro-2020-wallchart-predictor/

if we are going to win it going to be tough - i think the groups are actually really hard to call France and Spains in particular

if we are going to win it going to be tough - i think the groups are actually really hard to call France and Spains in particular

I had us 2nd in the group to Croatia (we never make it easy, have finished 2nd to USA, Sweden, Wales etc in the past), beating Poland then losing to France in the QF.
  • thats the spirit @North Lower Neil
    To be honest more typical England would be winning the group, getting us all excited then losing to Portugal on penalties.

I had us 2nd in the group to Croatia (we never make it easy, have finished 2nd to USA, Sweden, Wales etc in the past), beating Poland then losing to France in the QF.
    I wouldnt be surprised to see us take this route, predicted that myself with us losing to France in the Quarter-Finals

We'd certainly have an easier tie in the second round, although didnt work out too well five years ago

Apart from '96 our record is pretty shite in the European Championships isnt it

Last three times we've gotten out of the Groups but then havent gone any further

I wouldnt be surprised to see us take this route, predicted that myself with us losing to France in the Quarter-Finals

We'd certainly have an easier tie in the second round, although didnt work out too well five years ago

Last three times we've gotten out of the Groups but then havent gone any further
    They will want to win every game, I cannot see England aiming for second place.
  • PopIcon said:
    https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/euro-2020-wallchart-predictor/

They will want to win every game, I cannot see England aiming for second place.
    We never aim for it, doesn't stop it happening!