Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Euro 2020 Thread

Comments

• Scotland Squad has been named for the Euros... Billy Gilmour included

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57171330
  • Bilko said:
    I wouldn’t give up just yet, had a look at my portal about 3 or 4 hours and it said I got 2 of England’s group games, the one I missed out on was the Scotland game.

I have just had another look and now it says I’ve got tickets for all 3, has anyone else had this? I must admit it doesn’t give you a lot of confidence either way about getting the tickets.
    It’s a mess the lack of communication. Yesterday I had no tickets on the portal at all (which was worrying). Now the 3 games are all on there and say tickets allocated. Even if I have tickets I half expect to arrive at the stadium and UEFA messing up some how with duplicate tickets or something. 
  • Benzema reportedly returning for France....wow.
    Has been confirmed... Its not like they're short on Strikers in their squad!!

Notice a second (?) cousin of Yohann's is in there too as Marcus Thuram is Lillian's son

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/12025/12310278/karim-benzema-recalled-to-france-squad-for-euro-2020-after-six-year-absence
    Yeah he plays for Gladbach, was very good during the first half of the season. 
  • Bilko said:
    I wouldn’t give up just yet, had a look at my portal about 3 or 4 hours and it said I got 2 of England’s group games, the one I missed out on was the Scotland game.

I have just had another look and now it says I’ve got tickets for all 3, has anyone else had this? I must admit it doesn’t give you a lot of confidence either way about getting the tickets.
    It’s a mess the lack of communication. Yesterday I had no tickets on the portal at all (which was worrying). Now the 3 games are all on there and say tickets allocated. Even if I have tickets I half expect to arrive at the stadium and UEFA messing up some how with duplicate tickets or something. 
    Now had an email saying my tickets are cancelled. The portal is only showing my final tickets now...assume the ballot for that hasn’t taken place yet. Now going to lose money on exchange rate. 
  • Bilko said:

Now had an email saying my tickets are cancelled. The portal is only showing my final tickets now...assume the ballot for that hasn’t taken place yet. Now going to lose money on exchange rate. 
    Yeah I also got my cancellation email last night. I did read somewhere that if capacity is at 100% for the later games then anyone who had theirs cancelled will have first dibs on the sale of additional seats. Won't hold my breath.
  • colthe3rd said:
    Bilko said:

Yeah I also got my cancellation email last night. I did read somewhere that if capacity is at 100% for the later games then anyone who had theirs cancelled will have first dibs on the sale of additional seats. Won't hold my breath.
    Yeah they’ll sell them on for a higher price. Surely it gets messy with exchange rates again. Already lost money due to that. 
  • Just had the email to say my Croatia tickets have been cancelled. Shame, was saying 2 hours ago 'tickets allocated' so I was getting my hopes up...hey ho.
  • Anyone with cat 1 tickets had them cancelled?
  • Mine was cat 1
  • Sponsored links:

• All my 3 lots of tickets cancelled by email today. 

Also had emails today from JustEat, Heineken and Costa telling me I can win tickets 🙄
  • Chief executive at a football club told my brother they believe uefa are cancelling all tickets and 20,000 tickets are going to corporate companies...shock 
  • Getting excited for this now. I love nothing more than a major international tournament. Without fans in some places it’ll take some of the shine off it but I think this is one of the most open competitions for ages. The group with Germany, Portugal and France should be fascinating. Italy the dark horses for me and I also think Ukraine could surprise a few people.

Think Turkey might surprise a few people. 
    Agree, and North Macedonia.
  • Just purchased our 4 for Eng v Scot. Can’t say I’m particularly excited at this stage as I can imagine the atmosphere being painful with only 5k actual fans. But one to tell the grandchildren about I guess. I just hope that if we make it to the later stages, the allocations increase significantly.
  • Just had a confirmation email about tickets for the final. Now tickets will be on an app...going to harder to sell now! 
  • am going to the Czech Republic game on my own as only match I got given after having originally a ticket up to the final with England follow your team, but doing it as something to tick off 
  • No Sergio Ramos in the Spain squad, meaning there will be no Real Madrid players in the national squad! Unbelievable Jeff! 
  • No Sergio Ramos in the Spain squad, meaning there will be no Real Madrid players in the national squad! Unbelievable Jeff! 
    Which is fair enough as he's been injured for a long time, but what is truly bizarre is they've picked Eric Garcia who played a total of 380 minutes in the league for Man City all season and in 250 of those minutes he was on the pitch City conceded 11 goals!
  • If anyone is interested in tickets for the Euros I can help.

And also hospitality tickets for Qatar World Cup!
  • Sponsored links:

• edited May 2021
    Interesting that they've only named 24 players when they were allowed 26.
  • edited May 2021
    Did everyone else who had their tickets cancelled, get refunded less by Uefa than they originally paid?

They've had my money for 18+ months but due to them using the current exchange rate I'm about £35 down on what I paid in 2019! 
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    If anyone is interested in tickets for the Euros I can help.

And also hospitality tickets for Qatar World Cup!
    Sent you an inbox mate
  • Did everyone else who had their tickets cancelled, get refunded less by Uefa than they originally paid?

They've had my money for 18+ months but due to them using the current exchange rate I'm about £35 down on what I paid in 2019! 
    Yeah, unfortunately it's just the case of the tickets were bought in euros so not much that can be done about it.
  • edited May 2021
    Did everyone else who had their tickets cancelled, get refunded less by Uefa than they originally paid?

You didn’t really get refunded less - you paid in Euros and were refunded in Euros. 
  • rumours flying around that wembley will be at full capacity for some of the games - which would suprise me
  • se9addick said:

You didn’t really get refunded less - you paid in Euros and were refunded in Euros. 

I've not been refunded yet
  • Just noticed I've arranged my first meet up for over a year with some friends on the day of the england scotland game, and haven't booked somewhere with a TV! Oh well...
  • CAFCsayer said:
    se9addick said:

I got my dosh back fairly quickly.
  • PopIcon said:
    CAFCsayer said:
    se9addick said:

I got my dosh back fairly quickly.
    Fantastic, just realised I put them all on my revolut card which is currently blocked