Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Euro 2020 Thread

Comments

• MrLargo said:
    @SouthWest_Addicks im still a bit baffled 
    have the 3 group games 
    semi follow your team 
    final follow your team 

what Do I need to do now or what happens?

cheers in advance ph
    Basically, all tickets have been cancelled. Everyone gets a full refund. 

The FA do a ballot for the group stage matches and if successful you can purchase a new ticket. If you aren’t then you get a second chance in the second sale window.

same for the L16 and QF I believe.

until they account allocation for each game it’s a waiting game. I believe England should receive between 3/5k for each group stage game.

re the allocation for group games, I read in to the message from the FA that it would be 25% of our original allocation, so 5k I think. So 17.5k goes to oppo fans and "football community". As commented above, with travel bans almost certain to be in place then I wonder how they will get here? 

For the Knock out games it will just be a case of wait and see what the increased capacity will be. But based on bitter experience (the original 20k allocation at Wembley for example)  we will get royally screwed by a UEFA, FA and government - all of whom were so keen to fight our corner a few days ago.

It rather feels like the government have missed a trick here to say to the world we are open for business for the Euros due to our excellent vaccination programme, instead of slightly opening the door a crack to say come back later..
    I didn’t think our original allocations were that high (20k)  were they?
    I'm sure it was 11 or 12,000 for the group games. 
    Just checked. You are right. it was 12k for group stages, 10.5 k semi, and 11k final. Pitiful really
    Were the rest of those tickets corporate tickets?
    Presumably the same was allocated to our opponents for each of those games, probably 40 or 50,000 available to the general public via the ballot on the UEFA website, and then the remaining 20,000 going to corporate, sponsors etc.
  • So our allocation will drop to 3k for the group games...
  • So our allocation will drop to 3k for the group games...
    Yep. But potential for a larger allocation for the final group game and the later stages at Wembley, subject to the government easing capacity restrictions.
  • So as the Euros are next month...when are UEFA planning on letting people who didn’t request a refund know if their tickets are still valid? 
  • Pretty sure I read that they will do a re-ballot in May, effectively a random draw to decide which tickets are still valid based on the allowed attendance, with the remaining tickets cancelled
  • edited May 2021
    From the UEFA website:

How and when will UEFA run the ballot due to capacity reduction? 

Now that the Ticket Return Portal has closed, UEFA will calculate the number of remaining tickets per match and per category. Should there be matches where there are more sold tickets than the new agreed capacity, UEFA will run a random ballot per order and per match to determine which tickets remain valid.  

For tickets purchased through the Participating National Associations sales program, the rules of the respective fan clubs will apply and further information will be communicated in due course.  

The results of the ballot will be communicated to every ticket buyer via email during May. In this email, ticket buyers will be informed whether their ticket(s) will remain valid or have been cancelled.  

If your tickets have been cancelled following the reduction of the stadium capacity, you will receive a refund for the face value of your cancelled tickets. 

Please bear in mind that, if you are successful in the ballot and your tickets are not cancelled, you will not be able to request a refund in case you no longer wish to attend the tournament. 

IMPORTANT: Please note, that as UEFA will run the random ballot per match and per order, you might receive separate email notifications related to the result of the ballot for a specific match and these email notifications might be sent out at different moments.   

In case you have tickets for multiple matches, it may be possible that you keep tickets for one match and lose tickets for another match.  

If you have more than one ticket for the same match within the same order, they will either all remain valid or they will all be cancelled.    

If you have tickets for the same match from separate orders, it may be that tickets for that specific match from one order remain valid and tickets for the same match from your other order will be cancelled, as the ballot is run per order, per match.  

Please note that orders with the same Group ID are not being handled as a group in the random ballot. All order numbers participate individually in the ballot.

• And no refund until after the tournament - uefa the moral organisation that everyone was sobbing over the other day 
        Just got an email saying one of the matches I requested my money back for has been refunded. Haven’t checked my card (can’t even remember which card I used!) to see if it’s actually been received. 
      • cafc4life said:
        Changing the subject slightly, just seen the opening game of next years world cup will be a 10am kick off on a Monday morning . What a load of shit
        Yeah, why can’t the rest of the world inconvenience themselves just so everyone in the UK can watch it at a decent time?
      • JaShea99 said:
        cafc4life said:
        Changing the subject slightly, just seen the opening game of next years world cup will be a 10am kick off on a Monday morning . What a load of shit
        Yeah, why can’t the rest of the world inconvenience themselves just so everyone in the UK can watch it at a decent time?
        Strange though as it means its a midday KO in Qatar

First game is usually in the evening local time, not to mention I'd have thought that midday in Qatar must be one of the hottest times of the day there?
      • Sponsored links:

• It’s cos there’s more teams at 2022 so more games, it’s 1pm Qatar time not that it makes any difference but they’ll be 4 games a day during group stage, 1pm, 4pm, 7pm, 10pm.
      • JaShea99 said:
        cafc4life said:
        Strange though as it means its a midday KO in Qatar

First game is usually in the evening local time, not to mention I'd have thought that midday in Qatar must be one of the hottest times of the day there?
        Weather in Qatar in December will be around 20-25 degrees so no issue playing at that time
      • Shag said:
        It’s cos there’s more teams at 2022 so more games, it’s 1pm Qatar time not that it makes any difference but they’ll be 4 games a day during group stage, 1pm, 4pm, 7pm, 10pm.
        Even on the first day?
      • Yep from the first day until last round of group games
      • Shag said:
        Yep from the first day until last round of group games
        Sounds pretty terrible 
      • No doubt because they have to squeeze it into a smaller period in the calendar as the European leagues will want as little disruption as possible 
      • Has anyone else who applied for Euros tickets via the original UEFA ballot heard anything yet? UEFA said they would do a 're-ballot' in May to determine which ticket holders will keep their tickets given the reduced stadium capacities, with all others refunded ...Only a month to go until the tournament starts. 
      • Has anyone else who applied for Euros tickets via the original UEFA ballot heard anything yet? UEFA said they would do a 're-ballot' in May to determine which ticket holders will keep their tickets given the reduced stadium capacities, with all others refunded ...Only a month to go until the tournament starts. 
        Yep, I have had two sets of tickets (Bucharest and Glasgow) cancelled and both refunds received within 48 hours of the email notifications 
      • I emailed them and got a response saying it would be mid May.
      • Not heard anything yet. I have the round of 16 game at wembley.
      • Sponsored links:

• Ive got the semi-final at Wembley. Haven’t heard anything yet.
      • Shag said:
        It’s cos there’s more teams at 2022 so more games, it’s 1pm Qatar time not that it makes any difference but they’ll be 4 games a day during group stage, 1pm, 4pm, 7pm, 10pm.
        Isn't Qatar the last WC with 32 teams? It'll be 48 from 2026 onwards. They are squeezing the group games into four a day instead of three a day to minimize the disruption to the football calendar.
      • Been refunded all my tickets which were purchased through the Eng members club. New ballots (based on lower allocations) to start this week for the three group games and on a game by game basis thereafter.

• Shag said:
        Isn't Qatar the last WC with 32 teams? It'll be 48 from 2026 onwards. They are squeezing the group games into four a day instead of three a day to minimize the disruption to the football calendar.
        Yes you are right mate, I’m talking bollox, 32 teams at the Qatar World Cup 
      • It looks like some tickets have been notified/refunded already (e.g. the games at Hampden Park), so they are possibly working through the re-ballot venue-by-venue? I've seen mention that UEFA will have completed all re-ballots of tickets by end of next week at the latest (which is still ridiculously close to the start of the tournament).

Also, apparently they are refunding tickets at current exchange rates, meaning people are likely to get back less than they paid despite UEFA sitting on the interest for 2 years...!!
      • It looks like some tickets have been notified/refunded already (e.g. the games at Hampden Park), so they are possibly working through the re-ballot venue-by-venue? I've seen mention that UEFA will have completed all re-ballots of tickets by end of next week at the latest (which is still ridiculously close to the start of the tournament).

Also, apparently they are refunding tickets at current exchange rates, meaning people are likely to get back less than they paid despite UEFA sitting on the interest for 2 years...!!
        If you bought using a UK credit/debit card won’t the exchange rate be calculated by your provider at the time of the transactions rather than UEFA themselves setting the exchange rate?
      • se9addick said:
        It looks like some tickets have been notified/refunded already (e.g. the games at Hampden Park), so they are possibly working through the re-ballot venue-by-venue? I've seen mention that UEFA will have completed all re-ballots of tickets by end of next week at the latest (which is still ridiculously close to the start of the tournament).

If you bought using a UK credit/debit card won’t the exchange rate be calculated by your provider at the time of the transactions rather than UEFA themselves setting the exchange rate?
        Yes sorry I've not worded that clearly. What I meant was that some ticket holders have already had their tickets refunded, but a refund issued for e.g. 100 euros is worth less in pounds than it was at time of purchase in 2019.

• Good side but i'd have Grealish or Maddison in the Bellingham position. 
      • They Bedsaddick said:

Good side but i'd have Grealish or Maddison in the Bellingham position. 
        They dont really play that position, Grealish plays wide. Maddison is more of a CAM. I actually really like that team, i'd trade Rice for Henderson if fit.