Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Euro 2020 Thread

Comments

• Options
    On top of that, they're not issuing any refunds until after the tournament, pisstake really.  
  • Options
    ads said:
    On top of that, they're not issuing any refunds until after the tournament, pisstake really.  
    Really? Bloody hell, that’s dreadful, they’ve had the money for ages already. 
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    ads said:
    Really? Bloody hell, that’s dreadful, they’ve had the money for ages already. 
    Bollocks aint it, I'm about 2.5k into it. 
  • Options
    ads said:
    Remember that UEFA are a registered charity and don’t pay tax. Criminals aren’t they.
  • Options
    Sounds horrific. Glad I ditched my tickets apart from Scot but even that will be lame.
  • Options
    Confirmed that the games at Wembley will be at 25% capacity (possibly more for the latter stages). And also confirmation that there will be a ballot to decide which ticket holders can go...

• Options

Latest update from the England supporters club reads as follows.

England Supporters Travel Club members who have tickets to Euro 2020 will have received an email from UEFA containing new information about the tournament.

The key points and information to note from this update are:

Ticket Return Window:  Ticket holders can once again return their tickets to UEFA for a full refund. The current return window is now open and will close on Wednesday 22 April at 5pm UK time.

Wembley Stadium: Wembley has a confirmed minimum capacity of 25% (approximately 22,500 spectators) for all seven UEFA EURO 2020 matches. The FA continues to work collaboratively with the UK Government and local authorities in order to achieve the maximum spectator capacity possible for the latter stages of the tournament, which will be submitted to UEFA in early June.

England Supporters Travel Club (ESTC) Ticket Allocation: Regarding England matches and venues with reduced capacities, we expect to be able to inform Travel Club members how their tickets may be affected by the end of this month. Should this timing change we will update you as soon as possible. We have had, and will continue, conversations with our partners at UEFA to secure as many tickets as possible for members.  Please note any ballot that takes place with the official ESTC allocation will be managed by The FA.

Travelling Fans: No exemptions will be provided for ticket holders of UEFA EURO 2020 matches, with all international ticket holders adhering to the laws and guidelines set out by the UK Government at the time of travel. The latest guidelines can be accessed here: https://www.gov.uk/uk-border-control

UEFA have addressed the questions spectators might have following their announcement in the official spectator event guide, available on EURO2020.com and the UEFA EURO 2020 App, with additional information about COVID-19 mitigation measures at the stadium and travel information for each host city.

As we get closer to the tournament we expect to be in contact on a more regular basis with important information. We would therefore encourage you to check your account and contact details are all up-to-date. You can view these by logging in, clicking on your name in the top right-hand corner of the page and selecting ’My Account’.

Please also remind yourself of which tickets you have for Euro 2020 by heading to UEFA’s site, clicking on ‘go to our portal’ and logging in. If you encounter any issues please contact UEFA directly

• Options

Wembley is set to be given an extra Euro 2020 last-16 tie - which could involve England - when Uefa addresses uncertainty around matches in Dublin, Bilbao and Munich on Friday.

Dublin is certain to lose its four games and Bilbao's could be moved to Seville because of Covid-19 issues.

A fixture clash means Dublin's group stage games will not go to Wembley.

But BBC Sport understands its last-16 game, featuring the winner of England's group, will be moved to Wembley.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56852135

• Sponsored links:

• Options

Wankers I had follow your team semi and final. 

Still have the 3 group games 
  • Options
    The semi and final were always known to be at Wembley corrupt cnuts
  • Options
    I had tickets for Dublin. How annoying that they will be refunded....
  • Options
    And no refund until after the tournament - uefa the moral organisation that everyone was sobbing over the other day 
  • Options
    @SouthWest_Addicks im still a bit baffled 
    have the 3 group games 
    semi follow your team 
    final follow your team 

what Do I need to do now or what happens?

cheers in advance ph
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    have the 3 group games 
    semi follow your team 
    final follow your team 

cheers in advance ph
    Basically, all tickets have been cancelled. Everyone gets a full refund. 

The FA do a ballot for the group stage matches and if successful you can purchase a new ticket. If you aren’t then you get a second chance in the second sale window.

same for the L16 and QF I believe.

until they account allocation for each game it’s a waiting game. I believe England should receive between 3/5k for each group stage game.

• Options
    have the 3 group games 
    semi follow your team 
    final follow your team 

cheers in advance ph

The FA do a ballot for the group stage matches and if successful you can purchase a new ticket. If you aren’t then you get a second chance in the second sale window.

until they account allocation for each game it’s a waiting game. I believe England should receive between 3/5k for each group stage game.

nice one cheers mate, so do you know if we have to reapply as such or all done automatically. 
  • Options
    So how will this work with the travel restrictions into this country, half of Europe has just started a third or fourth wave of infections, or will it be only home supporters who will go to these games.
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    have the 3 group games 
    semi follow your team 
    final follow your team 

cheers in advance ph

nice one cheers mate, so do you know if we have to reapply as such or all done automatically. 
    If you did not return your tickets for the group stage you will automatically get put in the ballot I believe 

I had tickets for all 3 group stages but not holding up much hope as not a high cap holder. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Which is fine for England fans (assuming we got there) but what about all the other nations who used the follow my team option?
  • Options
    have the 3 group games 
    semi follow your team 
    final follow your team 

cheers in advance ph

re the allocation for group games, I read in to the message from the FA that it would be 25% of our original allocation, so 5k I think. So 17.5k goes to oppo fans and "football community". As commented above, with travel bans almost certain to be in place then I wonder how they will get here? 

For the Knock out games it will just be a case of wait and see what the increased capacity will be. But based on bitter experience (the original 20k allocation at Wembley for example)  we will get royally screwed by a UEFA, FA and government - all of whom were so keen to fight our corner a few days ago.

It rather feels like the government have missed a trick here to say to the world we are open for business for the Euros due to our excellent vaccination programme, instead of slightly opening the door a crack to say come back later..
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:
    Which is fine for England fans (assuming we got there) but what about all the other nations who used the follow my team option?
    But they are saying venue are unknown until matches take place - there not the semi and final are always at Wembley - there are approximately 17,000 England travel club members - people like myself that have spent £75 for a 2 years membership on the premise of being able to buy tickets to euro 2020 - the allocation for Wembley will be 30,000 so the 17,000 England supporters club could of been looked after but what’s happening is there allocating England supporters club 3000-5000 tickets per game and the rest goes to uefa and the corporates, in essence a neutral can get a ticket yet people that have spent thousands following England can’t get a ticket - I’m not that fussed on not going providing I get my money back but it’s wrong and this is the organisation that put a final featuring 2 English teams in fucking baku. 
  • Options
    have the 3 group games 
    semi follow your team 
    final follow your team 

cheers in advance ph

re the allocation for group games, I read in to the message from the FA that it would be 25% of our original allocation, so 5k I think. So 17.5k goes to oppo fans and "football community". As commented above, with travel bans almost certain to be in place then I wonder how they will get here? 

For the Knock out games it will just be a case of wait and see what the increased capacity will be. But based on bitter experience (the original 20k allocation at Wembley for example)  we will get royally screwed by a UEFA, FA and government - all of whom were so keen to fight our corner a few days ago.

It rather feels like the government have missed a trick here to say to the world we are open for business for the Euros due to our excellent vaccination programme, instead of slightly opening the door a crack to say come back later..
    Really? I think keeping really tight controls is a much better idea than changing our policy to accommodate football fans from other countries. 
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    have the 3 group games 
    semi follow your team 
    final follow your team 

cheers in advance ph

Really? I think keeping really tight controls is a much better idea than changing our policy to accommodate football fans from other countries. 
    I meant metaphorically not literally
  • Options
    have the 3 group games 
    semi follow your team 
    final follow your team 

cheers in advance ph

I didn’t think our original allocations were that high (20k)  were they?
  • Options
    Uefa 5 euro a ticket transaction for  refunds  - cnuts of the highest order 
  • Options
    have the 3 group games 
    semi follow your team 
    final follow your team 

cheers in advance ph

I'm sure it was 11 or 12,000 for the group games. 
  • Options
    MrLargo said:
    have the 3 group games 
    semi follow your team 
    final follow your team 

cheers in advance ph

Just checked. You are right. it was 12k for group stages, 10.5 k semi, and 11k final. Pitiful really
  • Options
    MrLargo said:
    have the 3 group games 
    semi follow your team 
    final follow your team 

cheers in advance ph

Just checked. You are right. it was 12k for group stages, 10.5 k semi, and 11k final. Pitiful really
    Were the rest of those tickets corporate tickets?