Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

It was thirty years ago today that...

..... The Jam played their last live concert.

We are now further away from the Jam's last concert than the Jam's formation ( in 1972) was from the end of World War II.

As Weller wrote "Hope I die before I get old" : - )

Comments

• Options
    Ah....One of Mr Bakers' quotes I see !
    Going to sea in a sieve...............
    ;-)
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    I saw them in December '81 at the Michael Sobell Sports Centre, Finsbury Park.
  • Options
    December 11 is the 345th day of the year (346th in leap years) in the Gregorian calendar. There are 20 days remaining until the end of the year.
  • Options

December 11 is the 345th day of the year (346th in leap years) in the Gregorian calendar. There are 20 days remaining until the end of the year.

How many days until the end of the tax year? Are we earning any dough for ourselves yet?
  • Options
    It can't be long before it is thirty years since Allan Simonsen's debut. 0-3 down after half an hour wasn't it ?
  • Options
    Saw them at Wembley arena, Dec 82, still have the ticket stub somewhere. Off to see 'From the Jam' on 29th Dec in Brighton.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    you just reminded me of a superb blondie song "die young stay pretty" with that quote above henry.

even for a wipper snapper like me the jam were big, weller and that 'scene' is/was fantastic.
  • Options
    Went to see this last week The Jam twas great. bloke at work got lucky back in the day and had this opportunity.
  • Options
    30 years? where did that go, to quote Weller again some threads on here
    "Smelt of pubs, and Wormwood Scrubs and too many right wing meetings"
  • Options
    "Cut down on beer
    Or the kids new gear
    It's a big decision
    In town called Malice"

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Was that last gig a one-off after the run they did at Wembley arena? Just checked my ticket out and I went on Friday 3rd Dec....question, can anyone remember the support act on with the Jam at those Wembley gigs?
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    I saw them at the Rainbow, which I thought was their last gig, but it was at Brighton apparently.
    Does anyone remember a gig at the Rainbow towards the end.
  • Options

I saw them at the Rainbow, which I thought was there last gig, but it was at Brighton apparently.

I remember seeing them at the Rainbow a few times. First they supported the Clash and the Buzzcocks were also on the bill.

Last time I was attacked by some teenage skins. One was trying to pull himself up on my shoulders (I'm 6' 4") to headbutt me. Another literally run on to my fist to which he mate said "leave him alone" in a squeaky voice. They then ran off.
  • Options
    I saw them at Brighton but not sure it was their last gig. Pretty sure it was at the conference centre.
  • Options
    Stone said:

I saw them at Brighton but not sure it was their last gig. Pretty sure it was at the conference centre.

Thought they did a one off at Brighton....an invite only type of gig.
  • Options
    Pretty sure Bingley hall was their last gig..............
  • Options
    Looking forward to the 2nd date...the 29th Dec, hotels booked for the night so should be a good one, they played a load of Northern Soul, after From the Jam had finished the last time I was there.....it was a very good night.
  • Options

Was that last gig a one-off after the run they did at Wembley arena? Just checked my ticket out and I went on Friday 3rd Dec....question, can anyone remember the support act on with the Jam at those Wembley gigs?

Was big country if I recall properly. We went three nights on the trot
  • Options
    wwaddick said:

Was big country if I recall properly. We went three nights on the trot
    Correct, pretty good they were too.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Correct, pretty good they were too.

Seeing weller next week supported by miles Kane . Shud be good.

• Options

Stone said:

Thought they did a one off at Brighton....an invite only type of gig.
    Doing a bit of googling I found this but it sounds too late for me http://www.modculture.co.uk/the-jam-december-11th-1982-by-simon-wells/

But they also done a gig at the conference centre on 15th December 1979 according to this site: http://www.thejamfan.net/live_recordings.htm which is more likely the one I went to at Brighton. I saw them at wembley arena a bit later.
  • Options

I saw them at the Rainbow, which I thought was there last gig, but it was at Brighton apparently.

I remember seeing them at the Rainbow a few times. First they supported the Clash and the Buzzcocks were also on the bill.

Last time I was attacked by some teenage skins. One was trying to pull himself up on my shoulders (I'm 6' 4") to headbutt me. Another literally run on to my fist to which he mate said "leave him alone" in a squeaky voice. They then ran off.
    hooligan.

• Options
    Saw them loads of times and went to the last gig at Brighton as well as the London gigs on that last tour. Seen From the Jam twice before but no longer bother as it is now only Foxton as Buckler left 2-3 years back.

Still the best band ever and feel lucky to have been a teenager when they were around and to have so many special memories of travelling to obscure gigs out of town to see them ie Sheffield, Guildford, Brighton and Paris.
  • Options
    Pity Rick isn't doing this anymore. I heard it was because Bruce played a few songs with Weller a while back. Real shame they couldn't patch things up for a 30th anniversary tour. Would have been immense............................

Here's a clip of Weller and Foxton together May 10 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAv8oPoyGgA

FF to 3 mins to hear them do Eton Rifles
  • Options
    Me fav all time band, too young to have seen The Jam live, but lost count the amount if times I've seen Weller. Legend!
  • Options
    Whenever my nicker goes in the jukebox, The Jam is always the first thing I seek out.
  • Options
    Philosphy football have some great Jam t-shirts out. Good xmas presents
  • Options
    Anyone go to the Bromley College of Technology gig or the Stockwell college gig?
  • Options
    Saw them at Brixton and Wembley, great band.