Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

It was thirty years ago today that...

13»

Comments

• Options

Just too young to see the jam. Saw the style council a couple of times and weller a few times. Also seen from the jam twice, once with rick buckler. They played at the mick jagger centre earlier this year, they were superb.

Looking forward to seeing From The Jam in Brighton on the 29th, shame Ricks not playing with them nowdays.....I've seen them at both the Brighton centre and Concorde 2, both superb gigs.
  • Options
    The Paul Weller Experience is well worth a look if they're on near you. I've seen them a few times down The Venue and they are very good!
  • Options
    Rob over in France do you go to accordion gigs
  • Options

Rob over in France do you go to accordion gigs

No mate, but do I know a professional squeeze box player!
  • Options

BIG_ROB said:

Understand Marriot was his biggest influence

See Weller and Noel Gallagher do a small benefit do for Steve Marriott at The Astoria
    Was that the memorial concert? Wouldn't call it small. Humble Pie played as did the remaining 2 small faces. Plus weller & gallagher of course.
    It was 10 years after Marriott died and as you might have guessed from my picture, I was there and wouldn't have missed it for the world.
    Fantastic night, which broke the record for takings behind the bar at an event there. Someone got me a ticket at the last minute and didn't know Humble Pie were playing, thought it was just frampton. I dug out the album I got marriot to sign when I saw him at the tramshed in the 80's, will put a picture of it up tonight.
  • Options
    DaveMehmet

God Bless Mate
  • Options
    Saw them at Guildford TH, billed as their last gig but I think they played Brighton and another after. The Modfather. Brilliant!!!
  • Options

DaveMehmet

God Bless Mate

Lol, he was a really nice bloke and took time to chat to a spotty starstruck 16 year old. He'd only just replaced jerry Shirley in his band, which was a pity as wanted to get him to sign it too.
  • Options
    Weller and Wiggo are doing a show on BBC Radio 6 on Boxing Day evening if anyone's intetsted? Missed what time though......
  • Options
    BIG_ROB said:

Weller and Wiggo are doing a show on BBC Radio 6 on Boxing Day evening if anyone's intetsted? Missed what time though......

Same time as our kick-off...1pm. Definitely one for iPlayer...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01pgq27
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2023
    Rick Buckler in Tonics (Blackfen) book signing this Saturday. 
    For those who may be interested.
    I will be on holiday so really couldn’t give a toss :smiley:
  • Options
    R0TW said:
    Rick Buckler in Tonics (Blackfen) book signing this Saturday. 
    For those who may be interested.
    I will be on holiday so really couldn’t give a toss :smiley:
    I’ll be there mate. There’s a big scooter display and Jeff Shadbolt from The Purple Hearts is also due to be there. He runs a company who supply modern Royal Alloy scooters.
  • Options
    Would have liked to have took a look at the scooters. Always had an interest in them.
  • Options
    Good turn out.