Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Minecraft

Comments

• Options

You want to be really careful with this. I think that videogames have a bad influence on kids. Be careful that he doesn't start mining in your back garden, and building mad stuff everywhere - it's a recipe for tragedy.

Thanks LA , deffo gonna get it now.

• Options
    edited December 2012
    My sons tells me that the app 'Dream League' is rather good as well , i just hope it doesn't turn him them both into Russian oil barons.
  • Options
    The thing mentioned about servers is so that you can play with your friends online and host a server, otherwise if you pay the standard price you can only play by yourself.
  • Options
    minecraft is actually used very commonly in schools for educational purposes. it helps to build creativeness and when played with others is ideal for learning team skills. (also im in my 20's an play this game with my mates on occasion, great time waster and far more relaxed than anything else your gonna play nowadays.)
  • Options
    Used to find it pretty fun. But then saw that someone had recreated entirely
    tolkeins middle earth in minecraft. It made everything I did on there obsolete and not really got into it since.
  • Options
    I hadn't even heard of this, until the kids I teach started writing to pen-pals from a school in Dorset. Nearly every child from the Dorset school mentioned it, and now half of my class are talking about it.
  • Options
    Got it on my iPhone today, pretty good!
  • Options
    Installed it on my phone yesterday. Dug a really big whole and couldnt get out.. the end (back to vice city).
  • Options
    is minesweeper still going?
  • Options
    It's rubbish on the phone. The version on the Xbox Is pretty good. The pc version is the full one.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    PC version is absolutely miles better than the others

20x the replay value the other versions have easily.
  • Options
    Can you play on macbook?
  • Options

Can you play on macbook?

You can play on iMac, so I don't see why not.
  • Options
    MattD said:

Don't know how you worked that out mate, I'm not quarrelling with the first statement, you do have a fair bit more stuff than xbox does but why is there less replay value? Replay value with this game is based on creativity rather than which update you've got surely?
  • Options
    MattD said:

only thing is xbox is so much easier/ more enjoyable to play with friends.
  • Options
    this is what my 8 year old son built in minecraft!

• Options
    Whatever @cafc999, that was just a picture taken from yesterday's game.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    cafc999 said:

this is what my 8 year old son built in minecraft

Is that Charlton away support in the stand opposite?
  • Options
    That must be when we played the wendys. Massive support in the JS................
  • Options
    children at my school are obsessed with it, the school has banned it because it has an msn feature related to it where u can chat to other people, all id say is make sure you supervise who your lilun is talking to
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    My 9 yr old had been pestering me for ages to get this, so I eventually gave in and bought it for him on ipad. He's well into it, but I will mention that he needs to build The Valley if he wants to progress further in the game...
  • Options
    Cheers all, my sons are addicted to it. Does anybody know what the best server is for a young lad starting out on his minecraft career?
  • Options

Cheers all, my sons are addicted to it. Does anybody know what the best server is for a young lad starting out on his minecraft career?

There is billions check online and find a quiet one to start with!
  • Options
    Jayajosh said:

Stig said:

I think there's a limited version that's free. The full one costs about £12 to download.

Yep, that sounds about right.

Could you post the link please?
  • Options
    My son has been badgering me about Mods non stop. I have tried to download some but can't. Does anybody know an easy way to do it. I have tried various sites but it is not as simple as just downloading, you have to do all sorts of crap. My IT level is use it for work so know word etc but beyond that I need help. I have also watched the "how to" clips on You tube and it migt as well be in Greek. Any help greatfully received.
  • Options
    No ideas?
  • Options
    Try this
    Tekkit.com
    download
    open

my boy has just told me this, hope it makes sense to you because it don't to me.
  • Options
    Cheers Baldy, great minds do not need hair.
  • Options

My son has been badgering me about Mods non stop. I have tried to download some but can't. Does anybody know an easy way to do it. I have tried various sites but it is not as simple as just downloading, you have to do all sorts of crap. My IT level is use it for work so know word etc but beyond that I need help. I have also watched the "how to" clips on You tube and it migt as well be in Greek. Any help greatfully received.

My son says go on to skydaz.com and download mods there, then click install when done.
  • Options

Try this
    Tekkit.com
    download
    open

my boy has just told me this, hope it makes sense to you because it don't to me.

http://www.technicpack.net/tekkit/