Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Minecraft

Comments

• Options

My son has been badgering me about Mods non stop. I have tried to download some but can't. Does anybody know an easy way to do it. I have tried various sites but it is not as simple as just downloading, you have to do all sorts of crap. My IT level is use it for work so know word etc but beyond that I need help. I have also watched the "how to" clips on You tube and it migt as well be in Greek. Any help greatfully received.

Go for Tekkit, loads of mods in one pack. Must easier than doing it individually. It runs as a seperate .exe, same login details
  • Options
    Does anyone play minecraft on here? If so, how long is this game?
    I understand it depends what you want out of it but if its a 200hr game I don't really want to start anything that big.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    It's essentially endless. There's no story. At all. You mine, you collect resources, kill zombies, build anything you want.. It's as big or as small as you make it. Really impossible to put a number of hours on it.
  • Options
    Ok thanks. Don't want to start something that's going to take hundreds of hours but don't want to miss this either as its meant to be a big deal.
  • Options
    Cheers all, the technicpack site was even easy enough for me to use. Even my Mrs had a good word to say about CL (for a change).
  • Options

Ok thanks. Don't want to start something that's going to take hundreds of hours but don't want to miss this either as its meant to be a big deal.

It's as short or as long as you want it to be.
  • Options
    In terms of the gameplay and stuff, think computerised Lego, in the sense that its done with blocks, you can build anything you can imagine, and you can spend hours doing, although you can leave it for weeks and come back. As people have said its as long or as short as you make it. as for the mods, if you have any existing worlds back them up before you make any changes because the files can become corrupted also check out: http://www.minecraftforum.net/forum/51-minecraft-mods/ lots of stuff on there to help with. hope this helps XD
  • Options
    For those with young kids doing Minecraft.
    My boy was on multiplayer last night and got a few `Fuck you's for beating/killing someone else.
    So beware the sweary kids.
  • Options

For those with young kids doing Minecraft.
    My boy was on multiplayer last night and got a few `Fuck you's for beating/killing someone else.
    So beware the sweary kids.

Good advice there baldy. Luckily at the moment my boy only likes to play and build stuff on his own

• Options
    My 10 year old is obsessed with Minecraft - personally i dont 'get it' - just seems (someone else mentioned it) like Lego on a computer.
    However, seems innocent enough.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2015
    Yep my 6 year old is the same. All the kids have gone nuts on it.

He also watches these Youtube videos from some bloke called Stampy who seems to be some kind of Minecraft geek and Internet sensation.
  • Options
    I'm in my twenties and am not ashamed to say me and my mates enjoy playing it. Also may be worth noting a friend of mine is a teacher and where he teaches it is actually used in the school as a teaching aid. Has many educational property's and is all in all a fantastic creation. Just hope the recent take over by Microsoft doesn't ruin it. As they are talking about a 'minecraft 2' and the charm of the game is its simplicity.
  • Options

My 10 year old is obsessed with Minecraft - personally i dont 'get it' - just seems (someone else mentioned it) like Lego on a computer.

That's because your ten and your not supposed to. Your ten year old probably doesn't 'get' single malt whisky, but that doesn't mean there's anything wrong with a good single malt!

• Options

That's because your ten and your not supposed to. Your ten year old probably doesn't 'get' single malt whisky, but that doesn't mean there's anything wrong with a good single malt!

Thanks Exiled, i would worry that i havnt brought him up right if my 10 year old 'gets' malt whisky !
  • Options
    I am 49 and I don't get single malt whisky! Bunch of grown men talking about peat and earth.
  • Options

Yep my 6 year old is the same. All the kids have gone nuts on it.

He also watches these Youtube videos from some bloke called Stampy who seems to be some kind of Minecraft geek and Internet sensation.

Stampylongnose to be precise. My son tells me he is not as good as he was as lots of younger kids watch him now. Tobuscus is apparently where it is at on You Tube.
  • Options
    Are the Yogscast / Yogpod videos still popular?
  • Options
    My 5 year old has been watching Stampycat / long nose's mincraft vids on youtube for the past week or so. It's like he's become addicted to the videos.

He has never played the game, but managed to get onto the minecraft videos after watching Disney Infinity videos, which he does have.

It looks a bit complicated for a 5 year old to me, but I've never played or had any interest in it until now, but I do know stampy loves the cake.

Would he be too young to play this, do you think?
  • Options
    Stampy is currently making in excess of £200k per month as a result of his Minecraft videos..... #justsaying
  • Options
    My son asked me today if I could get tickets to take him to the minecon exhibition in London this summer. Although I really can't see the appeal in the game, I would be happy to take him along for the day..............until I saw the price. £129 each.

How the hell can they justify that price for an event that features a single game?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

My 5 year old has been watching Stampycat / long nose's mincraft vids on youtube for the past week or so. It's like he's become addicted to the videos.

He has never played the game, but managed to get onto the minecraft videos after watching Disney Infinity videos, which he does have.

It looks a bit complicated for a 5 year old to me, but I've never played or had any interest in it until now, but I do know stampy loves the cake.

Would he be too young to play this, do you think?

He would be too young at the moment but my youngest started by watching loads of YouTube stuff which enabled him to better understand the game when he started.
  • Options

My son asked me today if I could get tickets to take him to the minecon exhibition in London this summer. Although I really can't see the appeal in the game, I would be happy to take him along for the day..............until I saw the price. £129 each.

How the hell can they justify that price for an event that features a single game?

Way to steep and the web site hardly explains what is going to happen on the day.
  • Options

I am off to Minecon tomorrow with my son who is 11. Two days of nothing but micecraft!! My mind will be numb within an hour, but he is so looking forward too it.

They are so strict with tickets. I need to take our passports as proof of who we are, and that our names are spelt correct otherwise we will be refused entry. We need to get there early as you need to register, and the tickets can not be sold or passed on if i cant make the second day.
  • Options
    cafckev said:

I am off to Minecon tomorrow with my son who is 11. Two days of nothing but micecraft!! My mind will be numb within an hour, but he is so looking forward too it.

They are so strict with tickets. I need to take our passports as proof of who we are, and that our names are spelt correct otherwise we will be refused entry. We need to get there early as you need to register, and the tickets can not be sold or passed on if i cant make the second day.
    How was it Kev?
    Must admit, my son wanted to go til he told me the price - but he showed me a live stream from Excel today and it looked rammed.

• Options
    10,000 people in such a small location, it was indeed very busy. Lots of hanging around in lines waiting but everything was free (and so it should be at the price of the entry tickets). Lots of computers to play minecraft, funfair type sideshow games where you win small figures or badges etc.
    It is a two day event, for one ticket, so we are off again tomorrow. Its so hard trying to meet the "stars" of the event, such as Stampy, but we will try again. Its our number one mission, so i am sure we will spend most of the day hunting him down!
    Being honest, i think its more like a £50 event, but my son is loving it so i guess its worth it just seing him happy.
  • Options
    Just got back cafckev and I agree a bit overpriced but the kids loved every second of it. It is amazing how popular some of the You-tubers are, they were like football players. My kids saved up and paid for their tickets but me and the Mrs still had to buy ours.
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    the biggest thing my son wanted to do was meet Stampy, but it would have been easier to meet a Hollywood superstar!
    He left happy tho with lots of free stuff and managed to get himself seen on many videos on Youtube.
  • Options

Stampy is currently making in excess of £200k per month as a result of his Minecraft videos..... #justsaying

I don't understand
  • Options
    cafckev said:

the biggest thing my son wanted to do was meet Stampy, but it would have been easier to meet a Hollywood superstar!
    He left happy tho with lots of free stuff and managed to get himself seen on many videos on Youtube.

Kev, we could have got together talked football and err other stuff and left the kids to look after themselves.
  • Options
    He is THE top man on Youtube with almost 7,000,000 subscribers, but he seemed very offish when not on stage.