Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sheffield Wednesday v. Charlton 2012 Post-match News & Views

Comments

• Options
    That match, in a tight league, was a six pointer.

The cushion we built up between us and the bottom 3 is getting smaller.

We need to beat Ipswich to stop the gap closing even more.
  • Options
    This current run shows us for what we are. A mid table Championship side. Of course it's easy, after going on an unbeaten run, to get carried away and looking at making the play offs. It's just as tempting to get downhearted when we suffer a couple of disappointing results.
    But, that will be the nature of our season due to the quality we have in the squad. We have no players who are capable of running a game on their own. We do not have a 20 goal a season striker. Our loan players are all considered to be below Premiership standard by their clubs, ergo they could be considered decent Championship players.
    We have a good manager, but he is inexperienced and will make decisions that some fans do not understand. And he will get some things wrong. However, in my opinion he has, in his 99 games proved his worth.
    So, lets accept that we will lose games. We will get annoyed and frustrated. But we will also experience periods of jubilation, relief and pride.
    We have defeated a couple of quality teams...and we have lost to some poor ones. Therein lies our season, and it will remain so for the next 5 months; it is the nature of this league.
  • Options
    Just got in from the game. 2-0 flattered them, but other than the offside goal, we never looked like scoring. Looked like we should have had a penalty, but not 100% on that. So many of our players went unnoticed. Passes were all over the place. Wednesday were dreadful, and a team we should definitely be beating.
  • Options
    Oh well. It's a weird league this year and these kind of results will happen. I do like Danny Haynes, but when people started saying that keeping him fit was the key to our season I kept quiet. He has his moments but he's not a player who takes most, or even all that many, of his chances. He's certainly not the striker who will fire us up to the Prem. Not digging him out, I just think people got a bit too excited after his three goals and he may suffer on these boards when he doesn't keep up his tally. We'll have to keep our chins up and get the points from the next festive fixtures. Certainly not the end of the world
  • Options
    Never been a wum, we were poor again but ground out a result Charlton never attacked the game enough for me.
  • Options
    We had a good run of results, but were slightly flattered by that run as the luck went our way for a bit (e.g. sendings off for the opposition), we're probably not playing that much worse now, but aren't getting the points.
  • Options
    Kerkar? Anyone want to tell me he is worth anything at all now? Good.
  • Options
    Oh well, on the plus side its the strictly come dancing final and England won the T20. Every cloud......... :)
  • Options
    Waiting for the train home. For now, if you don't trouble the keeper, you don't deserve anything. Bollocks I say! Bit worried about a slump to be honest. But I am a bit pissed! Oh well.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    that's what it was like on here after a few wins...
  • Options
    Half way through the season and I think it is clear who the players are that cannot hack it in this league. Jackson and Kerkar not up to standard. Kermogant struggling to make an impact (as he did with Leicester in this league) and Pritchard still developing.
    We need a pacy left winger, centre midfielder and goal scorer all with Championship experience at least. Problem is that we probably don't have the funds for that at present.
  • Options
    We're stay up
  • Options
    Observations from a long distance traveller during the last 8 days:

1 Powell's Kermorgant obsession is laughable. Was it Gus Poyet who said the biggest challenge as a manager after coming up from league one is to curb your loyalty? The decision to leave Hulse on the bench this week and last was DIABOLICAL and only bettered by whatever formation we thought we were playing from 70 or so onwards today. Taking Haynes off and losing his pace was laughable, their defence swallowed our long ball game all day.

2 How did we not get at least one penalty today? Literally unbelievable. We could have had three without any exaggeration. We just don't seem to be getting any decisions.

3 Seaborne is nowhere near as good as his initial forays suggested.

4 Frimpong is ok when you are on top of a game but when you are either trying to make an impact or chasing it he is a spare part. He makes Razak look like Yaya Toure.

5 If Danny Haynes was the answer to all our problems up front we would have at least 4 more points tonight than we do. Air kicked two sitters today and fluffed a couple last week.

6 Stephens runs our midfield. Without him we are devoid of any zip, creativity or ability to pick a pass.

7 Assuming we have resources we need to invest in January. We need to renew Hulse and add a left back a central midfielder and a forward bare minimum.
  • Options
    Kermorgant was non existent to my mind. BUT he wasn't the only one. Feel we have to be bolder if we're to remain mid table. Think I might be a bit of a jonah, draw at Leeds and two successive defeats. For the good of the club, thank fxxk I won't be getting to another game til Hull in February.
    Sorry all :o(
  • Options
    Can someone please tell me why kerkar was in the team today?

Please somone tell me I need to know why?
  • Options
    Disappointing.
    Kermorgant out, Hulse in please.
    Lets forget today and move in till after Boxing Day.

Powell needs to learn that losing it with referee's isn't the way forward as they're always going to win. No matter how much of a cock up they've made.
  • Options
    We were bad but still think you will struggle to stay up ?
  • Options
    Anyone know if the penalty shout was legit? Not that it really matters now :o(
  • Options
    I saw two stonewall penalties and a third which was a decent shout for handball
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I saw two stonewall penalties and a third which was a decent shout for handball

My thinking too. Merry fxxking Xmas ref and lino!
  • Options
    In my opinion Powell tinkers with the team to much. He has dropped Rob Hulse when the team were on an unbeaten run and Hulse was playing well. He has now been replaced with Kermorgant. As much as I like Kermorgant, the team plays far better with Hulse leading the line.

Also Chris Powell's use of substitutes baffles me. He rarely makes a substitution before 70 mins. Last weeks game at Bolton was a good example Powell was trying to see the game out and gain a draw, when after 55 minutes a win was achievable.

Finally our home form is dire. We have not won a game at the Valley on a Saturday this season. If things don't improve we could easily find ourselves getting sucked in the relegation places.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Who gives a shit what reams thinks tbh

Did he say that when we went up as champions

What about the results leading up to last week and this

No one is above criticism within the make up of the team and all areas of the club

Football you win some you lose some

If he had more posters and more interst in his site then it would prove people give a shit with what is said on there but every time i have looked it's a handful of the same people

This place is the same but with more posters more diverse and normally well reasoned discussion

Move on to the next game happy Xmas and don't let it consume you

It was going to be a tough season as it is proving with a team from lge 1 and hardly anyone that was on the shopping list

We stay up its been a success
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Yeh, pretty much agree with that.

Reasons to be cheerful: last 10 matches: Won 4. Drew 3. Lost 3. Averages to 1.5 points per game, which would put us around 8th in the table at seasons end.

Still - Charlton, you know - win a few, don't lose for 6, suddenly I'm lying awake thinking about the playoffs.

So, disappointed. Ho hum. Next.
  • Options
    edited December 2012

Worst side at Hillsborough this season..

Hah, hello mate. Now you know that isn't true - there's been at least one team been consistently the worst side at Hillsborough this season, and you know who that is!

Good luck with the rest of the season. See you at the Valley.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
  • Options
    It looked to me for wednesday's second goal that jackson was running on water. Is he the slowest player charlton have ever had?

First goal was a worldy. Amazing strike that hamer could do nothing about.

Two quick wingers in january please
  • Options
    This time last year Jackson walked on f****ing water for me and many others.
  • Options

This time last year Jackson walked on f****ing water for me and many others.

:D
  • Options
    Our problem is in midfield, Frimpong hasn't impressed me much. JJ isn't as effective in this league, Kerkar is our only option on the left and Stephens is inconsistent. We're a mid table side and have done well to be there with the limited funds in the summer. Hopefully we have some money in January to improve the squad