Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sheffield Wednesday v. Charlton 2012 Post-match News & Views

Comments

• Options

It looked to me for wednesday's second goal that jackson was running on water. Is he the slowest player charlton have ever had?

Don't be daft ..... Phil Chapple,
  • Options
    I hope the game at yours is played on a Saturday, love my trips to the valley
  • Options

You're in luck. Saturday 26th January, 3pm kick off.
  • Options
    edited December 2012

It is, just over a month away. Sat 26th Jan. Woolwich has a Travelodge for £29.

• Options
    Poor result today but overall happy with where we are. Mid table was the aim for most . We are there now and I believe we will be there at the seasons end. I will take that.
  • Options
    we are 18th, not midtable.
  • Options
    Can't understand some of Powell's decisions this season. Hulse was getting better every game and had started scoring, but was dropped. Cort was dropped for no reason. Pritchard had just scored his first league goal and was obviously on a high, but was dropped the next game. I think we are badly missing Pritchards energy in midfield as Frimpong doesn't seem to be putting in Premier League class performances. The blend of the team was working well but due to all the changes has lost it's way and we have once again reverted to pumping long balls up to Yann.
  • Options
    Drop the shit like Kerkar. Where the hell is Pritchard?
    Hamer-Solly-morro-cort-seabourne-green-frimpong-pritch-jackson-Yann-Haynes/fuller.
    Play the best team possible and stop pissing about.
  • Options

Who gives a shit what reams thinks tbh

Did he say that when we went up as champions

What about the results leading up to last week and this

No one is above criticism within the make up of the team and all areas of the club

Football you win some you lose some

If he had more posters and more interst in his site then it would prove people give a shit with what is said on there but every time i have looked it's a handful of the same people

This place is the same but with more posters more diverse and normally well reasoned discussion

Move on to the next game happy Xmas and don't let it consume you

It was going to be a tough season as it is proving with a team from lge 1 and hardly anyone that was on the shopping list

We stay up its been a success

I occasionally look at that site, there only seems to be around 20 regular posters of which Reams is 19 of them - it's a spoof site isn't it?
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    SuperYann said:

Hamer-Solly-morro-cort-seabourne-green-frimpong-pritch-jackson-Yann-Haynes/fuller.

Unfortunately, it's becoming apparent that "the best team possible" doesn't include Yann in the starting eleven. Hulse has to come back in for me. I think the common denominator in our slump in recent games has been the exclusion of Hulse and Cort (although Cort played today).

• Sponsored links:

• Options

SuperYann said:

Unfortunately, it's becoming apparent that "the best team possible" doesn't include Yann in the starting eleven. Hulse has to come back in for me. I think the common denominator in our slump in recent games has been the exclusion of Hulse and Cort (although Cort played today).

Yann and Hulse? or would that give a incentive to play hoofball?
  • Options
    Having yann and hulse upfront would be as mobile and affective as sticking two leon corts upfront. Just wouldn't work at all.

It simply has to be haynes and someone else due to the fact that haynes is our only real pacey player
  • Options
    If either of us progress in the FA Cup the next round to be played on weekend of 26th January, so the league game will have to be rearranged
  • Options
    Powell out
  • Options

Half way through the season and I think it is clear who the players are that cannot hack it in this league. Jackson and Kerkar not up to standard. Kermogant struggling to make an impact (as he did with Leicester in this league) and Pritchard still developing.
    We need a pacy left winger, centre midfielder and goal scorer all with Championship experience at least. Problem is that we probably don't have the funds for that at present.

Agree with this. I like CP but I don't understand his selections sometimes. Today having Yann on but leaving both Fuller and Hulse on the bench mystifies me.
  • Options

Having yann and hulse upfront would be as mobile and affective as sticking two leon corts upfront. Just wouldn't work at all.

It simply has to be haynes and someone else due to the fact that haynes is our only real pacey player

Excuse me but maybe i've lost something .... WHO says Yann AND Hulse up-front ???
    We are talking about HULSE in place of Yann...

• Options
    Kap10 said:

It looked to me for wednesday's second goal that jackson was running on water. Is he the slowest player charlton have ever had?

Ha ha. That takes me back. He used to look like he was running on the spot.
  • Options
    Anyone on here chatting s*it about Kermorgant before they do Kerkar can meet me on boxing day to receive a slap.
  • Options

Worst side at Hillsborough this season..

Except for the one that plays there every other week...

• Options
    Just got back from the game and I live in Manchester! First five minutes we looked very promising, playing the ball on the ground, passing quite nicely and working some wide positions which led to a good chance for Haynes. Then for no apparent reason we just started lumping it forward to Yann, with the consequence that we became very one dimensional and easy to pick off. Our midfield went missing, Kerkar and Frimpong were very poor. I want to see Charlton midfield players moving towards the ball, wanting it to start creating moves. All I've seen today is everyone running away from the ball. Pritchard has shown that he can link up play, I wonder if he wasn't selected because Wed. are quite a physical side. Two players I exhonerate are Solly and Wilson. I thought they ran their hearts out and did most of our creative work, and to some extent Green when he came on. Morrison did not have a good game, making several mistakes. For their first goal we did not have anyone positioned on the edge of the box to pick up or block clearances. They were warned as a few minutes before Hamer punched a corner straight out to one of their guys who had a shot on goal. I dont blame anyone for the second goal. Wed were trying to run the clock down by taking it into the corners and we had to try to get the ball off them which lead to the chance. Midfield continues to be the biggest issue.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Since kermos return we have been poor, hulse was really coming into form strange tinkering, bit worrying losing to poor team like Wednesday but in football look forward, roll on Ipswich.
  • Options
    Think he will start Fuller against Ipswich. He scared the life out of their centre backs at Portmanteau Rd earlier in the season.
  • Options
    Look, we played poorly and we lost. There will be other games where the same will happen. But there will also be games where we play well and win. We are certainly good enough to stay up and should still finish around mid-table, barring some spectacular investment in January transfers.

I am not convinced about Haynes being our saviour up front. Yes he has pace but he misses as many chances as BWP, who maybe deserves another try up alongside Fuller or Hulse. Very sadly, I am starting to agree with those who believe that Yann's true level is L1.

It is crystal clear that we need a strong left midfielder, top priority.
  • Options

Can't understand some of Powell's decisions this season. Hulse was getting better every game and had started scoring, but was dropped. Cort was dropped for no reason. Pritchard had just scored his first league goal and was obviously on a high, but was dropped the next game. I think we are badly missing Pritchards energy in midfield as Frimpong doesn't seem to be putting in Premier League class performances. The blend of the team was working well but due to all the changes has lost it's way and we have once again reverted to pumping long balls up to Yann.

Exactly. I said this on the pre match thread and got castigated. Hulse is our best target man since Andy Hunt and like Cort did not deserve to be dropped. The same with Pritchard.

To my mind this is foolhardy tinkering that has cost us two defeats. Powell is too slow to react to his errors. He played BWP too long, has a blind spot with Kermorgant in this league and made a disastrous rod for his own back by retaining JJ as captain. Just seen the second goal on tv and his part in it was embarrassing - I have seen milk turn quicker.

Frimpong has been a disappointment for me and my patience with Kerkar finally ran out at Millwall.

• Options
    Mike said:

we are 18th, not midtable.

And if we hadn't been chasing the game and conceded that breakaway 93rd minute second goal - we'd be 16th.

We're still part of that mid table cluster of clubs separated by the narrowest goal difference and very few points.

It's that tight in mid table.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Breaking News: The Sheffield Wednesday team have tonight held a reception at Sheffield Town Hall for their back to back wins. The team was taken in open top bus from Hillsborough to the town centre with the streets lined with ten of thousands of flag waving joyous Owls fans. The mayor then presented the team to the screaming fans from the balcony of the town hall. Partying is expected to go on through night as the fans celebrate this historic event.
  • Options

@AlanBiggs1: #cafc boss Powell tells me for FL show that he was angry about a goal ruled out for offside & a pen not given in 2-0 defeat at #swfc

@AlanBiggs1: Powell also complains that officials weren't miked up & says ref told him he was sent off to uphold "image of the game" after going on field

Officials not miked up?

Surely that's a FL directive?
  • Options
    Uboat said:

Kap10 said:

Ha ha. That takes me back. He used to look like he was running on the spot.
    I thought running the wrong way on a conveyor belt
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    My take on the game; You started well in very slippy conditions had one chance right from the start with the ball zipping across the goal but no one was there at the end, after that it was more or less all Wednesday attacking in waves, McCabe scored an absolute world class goal (seriously watch it) and we settled down into the game.

I did notice that as the first half wore on you started to pump it longer and longer maybe the conditions was more worse than I could make out but everything you tried seemed to bypass your own midfield, kind of played into our hands.

You should have had a Pen for me, it looked a stone waller but for a change we got the rub of the green.
    Half time we definitely deserved the lead and if truth be told we should of been at least 3-1 (pen) to us.

The second half was more even but we still did what we needed to do early on, you did come into it around the 75th minute mark not surprisingly as you were pushing up, we were getting a little nervous as results have gone against us many times this season like this but we held on with ease really as you didn't really test Kirkland all game and Helen wrapped it up with another good goal.

From my point of view we did better in terms of getting in the oppo's faces, got tackles in and important blocks in, Charlton are not the worst side by a long way but today your midfield was bypassed a little and you need a goal scorer.

Wilson looked bright in the first 20 mins, Solly was the stand out player for me, Morrison wasn't anything special.

Have a good Christmas, and this is not a dig but cheers for the points, we definitely needed them.

• Options
    Thought we played ok. Haynes missed two fairly easy chances and as admitted by our own Yorkshire swine, we should have had a pen. For me we did enough to warrant a draw. Powell needs to start picking a more consistent side and then results should start to show more from our performances. Need to pick up 6 points from next three games min to save being dragged in to the relegation frenzy