Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Anyone watching the darts ?

Comments

• Options
    He's like Alex ferguson. Too long at the top
  • Options
    I love Phil Taylor but thought that that was a tantrum, pure and simple. It made him look classless no matter what barney said to annoy him he should not have behaved like that.

Excellent evening of darts though
  • Options
    They have had many spats mainly when both were rutting at the top of each organisation

It has followed on with lately with Barnie taking cheap shots at Phil and Phil responding

I don't think its a hatred more of a mind games attempt on both players part

Builds interest adds spice

• Options

colthe3rd said:

I know they have history but so do a lot of players. Most are able to chat a bit of nonsense, play a good game and shake hands afterwards. Not act like a little child like Taylor has there.

He did shake hands afterwards. He offered his hand and Barneveld pulled him back and tried maybe to make something of it. Who knows but Taylor definitely offered his hand first . Barney wouldn't let it go for some reason and pulled Taylor back. Why did he do that? Not sure who the child was there to be honest.
    Read other reports saying that Taylor said "don't put me down" as he walked away, Barney grabbed him back and asked "what?" as Taylor walks off again he said "you heard". If that's what went on then I stick by my comment that Taylor has no class. Barney's interview the other day didn't put Taylor down, all he asked is why is everyone scared of him? Which is a fair point, Taylor is still one of the best but it has been shown in recent years he isn't unbeatable as he was about 10 years ago. Yet Taylor just can't take any criticism no matter how slight.
  • Options
    Was suprised by it all yesterday, thought they were both good mates, Didnt Barney train with Taylor when he was going through his real bad patch. I thought Phil would know all the pre match talk was bollocks and Barney was only giving Sky what they wanted.
    Phil is the best player I have ever seen and when his on song his unstoppable but I dont think him being number 1 is the only reason why most other players dislike him.
  • Options
    hope MVG smashes him up in the final, can't stand Taylor
  • Options
    Taylor looked like a complete and utter c@@t in that exchange, if you have won 15 world titles and you still cannot win with class and dignity then you need to have a bloody good look at yourself.
  • Options
    Taylor is a fantastic player but really is pretty classless when it comes to other players.

Would really like to see MVG win, Taylor won't like his constant yelling and posturing at every checkout either.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

hope MVG smashes him up in the final, can't stand Taylor

This

• Options
    colthe3rd said:

colthe3rd said:

I know they have history but so do a lot of players. Most are able to chat a bit of nonsense, play a good game and shake hands afterwards. Not act like a little child like Taylor has there.

He did shake hands afterwards. He offered his hand and Barneveld pulled him back and tried maybe to make something of it. Who knows but Taylor definitely offered his hand first . Barney wouldn't let it go for some reason and pulled Taylor back. Why did he do that? Not sure who the child was there to be honest.
    Read other reports saying that Taylor said "don't put me down" as he walked away, Barney grabbed him back and asked "what?" as Taylor walks off again he said "you heard". If that's what went on then I stick by my comment that Taylor has no class. Barney's interview the other day didn't put Taylor down, all he asked is why is everyone scared of him? Which is a fair point, Taylor is still one of the best but it has been shown in recent years he isn't unbeatable as he was about 10 years ago. Yet Taylor just can't take any criticism no matter how slight.
    Definitely agree with you that Taylor has reacted badly and let himself down but that the thing is he has reacted badly to Barneys actions. He should have just shook Taylors hand that was offered and let him walk away instead of dragging something else into the light.Nothing would have happened then. Barney created the situation on stage afterwards and Taylor reacted poorly. Sour grapes in defeat and poor reaction in victory here.
  • Options
    Had taylor to win 6-4, happy days.Taylor is a class act especially after giving my son his darts after his first round win.
  • Options

Had taylor to win 6-4, happy days.Taylor is a class act especially after giving my son his darts after his first round win.

Very good of Taylor to give your son his darts but his on-stage behaviour - considering the huge success he has had - is often very, very poor.

Last night all he had to do was shake hands with Barney, give him a hug and a smile and say "well played, bad luck" instead we got the whole angry little man routine in front of millions of people.

Taylor had already had the best possible 'revenge' over Barney by beating him and making the final, to carry it on afterwards looked pathetic, graceless and classless.
  • Options
    Taylor is an arse, Lewis is an arse.

You HAVE to have these characters, it makes it so much more entertaining as a viewer.
  • Options
    not 100% true AFKA we had JFH and he is a HUGE arse wasnt much entertainment from that twat
  • Options
    Said in the first set its weird that cameras were not panning to families or friends at all, then after about 5 sets barnies missus shown standing up at the back somewhere, I reckon and said at the time something else has gone on beforehand.
  • Options
    I hope Taylor wins it tbh

Gonna give sids wife the trophy how much more class can you ask for
  • Options

Said in the first set its weird that cameras were not panning to families or friends at all, then after about 5 sets barnies missus shown standing up at the back somewhere, I reckon and said at the time something else has gone on beforehand.

There was almost certainly something said behind the scenes. Dutch tv apparently reported it as such, I've not seen anything concrete yet though.

• Options
    Barnies mrs ripped the shite out of him for his poor start to the game during the interval
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    You do not want to cross a Dutch woman!!
    Apparently the spat was due to Barneveld not congratulating Taylor quickly enough in Taylor's opinion. Very childish behaviour from a grown man.
  • Options
    edited December 2012

I hope Taylor wins it tbh

Gonna give sids wife the trophy how much more class can you ask for

If he didn't tell the world about it?
  • Options
    I thought Wade showed a lack in class yesterday, he didnt congratulate MVG on his 9 darter, and the stormed off the stage at the end.
  • Options
    Read this on another forum, apparently from someone who works at Sky:
    Phil not happy with Ray's comment about 'how hes not afraid anymore' he find it disrespecting, went to Barney and said the following..

'The old man is still here" and pinched Barney. Barney emotional, not ready forn an interview yet.
    Not sure how trustworthy it is but thought I'd share
  • Options

I thought Wade showed a lack in class yesterday, he didnt congratulate MVG on his 9 darter, and the stormed off the stage at the end.

yep another cock in a bun
    didn't even look at him, as minimal a handshake as possible

i think the dutch have got bigger personalities and banter than the English
  • Options
    Phil Taylor has admitted he is ashamed of his actions following his semi-final victory over Raymond van Barneveld in the World Darts Championship at Alexandra Palace.
    Dutchman Van Barneveld has been left seething after the pair were involved in an angry confrontation on stage after 15-time world champion Taylor had beaten his old rival 6-4.
    Taylor rounded on a bemused Van Barneveld when the pair shook hands and they then exchanged words and gestures before leaving the stage separately.
    He told Sky Sports News he since said sorry to the Dutchman.
    "It's upset me of course it has. To put the record straight, Raymond is a very strong lad and when he shook my hand and pulled me he hurt me a little bit," he said.
    "That was all it was and I reacted, to be honest with you, disgracefully. I am ashamed of myself and I feel terrible. I have texted Raymond and I have spoken to him and there is nothing else I can do really, only apologise for it. It will never happen again.
    "Whatever the PDC decide, chuck the book at me, they can do whatever they want to do - but that's what happened.
    "I'm ashamed because I really like Raymond. He loves me to bits and that's why I am really hurt about it because we both think a lot about each other. But we get over it and we move on."
    Van Barneveld, however, has been left fuming by the incident and revealed to Dutch press on Monday that he has not spoken to Taylor despite an apology.
    He told a Dutch reporter: "I was in a sportsman like manner and tried to congratulate him on stage and when he pushed me away I understood nothing of it. I wanted to hug him, he said f-off, and I didn't understand what inspires the man to push me away.
    "I wanted to congratulate him once sportily and then this, incredible. I'm sick of it, I don't understand his reaction at all.
    "I've not talked to him, just received a text message from him. he apologised for his improper behaviour. I do not know if I'm going to respond. The emotions are running high. Of course I hope Michael wins the final."
    Taylor even admitted the incident on Sunday night had left him questioning his future in the sport, adding: "At the minute, I could just walk away tomorrow night and retire - go out on top really.
    "I'm a bit disillusioned about everything. Obviously I'm not feeling very well and I need a break.
    "To be honest with you I don't care about darts at the minute. I know I'm in the final, but I don't feel excited or chuffed about it. I feel very, very down at the minute."
  • Options
    This has been blown out of all proportion imo. It was a nothing incident. RVB has been talking alot, Taylor won after being put under pressure and didn't like RVB dragging him round. He's said sorry, end of.

Painter and Wade have carried on worse in this tournament.
  • Options
    James Wade might be the most miserable looking person in sport.
  • Options
    That's another thing him and AFKA have in common as well as looks.
  • Options
    Wheres that from dude ?
    Plaaayer said:

Phil Taylor has admitted he is ashamed of his actions following his semi-final victory over Raymond van Barneveld in the World Darts Championship at Alexandra Palace.
    Dutchman Van Barneveld has been left seething after the pair were involved in an angry confrontation on stage after 15-time world champion Taylor had beaten his old rival 6-4.
    Taylor rounded on a bemused Van Barneveld when the pair shook hands and they then exchanged words and gestures before leaving the stage separately.
    He told Sky Sports News he since said sorry to the Dutchman.
    "It's upset me of course it has. To put the record straight, Raymond is a very strong lad and when he shook my hand and pulled me he hurt me a little bit," he said.
    "That was all it was and I reacted, to be honest with you, disgracefully. I am ashamed of myself and I feel terrible. I have texted Raymond and I have spoken to him and there is nothing else I can do really, only apologise for it. It will never happen again.
    "Whatever the PDC decide, chuck the book at me, they can do whatever they want to do - but that's what happened.
    "I'm ashamed because I really like Raymond. He loves me to bits and that's why I am really hurt about it because we both think a lot about each other. But we get over it and we move on."
    Van Barneveld, however, has been left fuming by the incident and revealed to Dutch press on Monday that he has not spoken to Taylor despite an apology.
    He told a Dutch reporter: "I was in a sportsman like manner and tried to congratulate him on stage and when he pushed me away I understood nothing of it. I wanted to hug him, he said f-off, and I didn't understand what inspires the man to push me away.
    "I wanted to congratulate him once sportily and then this, incredible. I'm sick of it, I don't understand his reaction at all.
    "I've not talked to him, just received a text message from him. he apologised for his improper behaviour. I do not know if I'm going to respond. The emotions are running high. Of course I hope Michael wins the final."
    Taylor even admitted the incident on Sunday night had left him questioning his future in the sport, adding: "At the minute, I could just walk away tomorrow night and retire - go out on top really.
    "I'm a bit disillusioned about everything. Obviously I'm not feeling very well and I need a break.
    "To be honest with you I don't care about darts at the minute. I know I'm in the final, but I don't feel excited or chuffed about it. I feel very, very down at the minute."