Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Options
    Nah . it's silly season don't forget. Having said that a 4-5 mill bid would be hard to turn down.
  • Options
    Imagine Pritchard bossing the midfield at the Etihad or Old Trafford.
  • Options
    Right , Own up , Who on here is a Secret Villa Scout?
    They don't give up do they, Stephens now Pritch ...
  • Options
    Would be a huge mistake for him at this stage of his career. Never get games in the premiership and will drift into loans. He can go on and improve with us and if he's still doing the bizzo in a couple of years then good luck to him. However. He could probably treble his money. I hope not.
  • Options
    Nah no way
  • Options
    Haha this must be a wind up, don't get me wrong I like the bloke but he is nowhere near good enough for the premiership... This smells like his agent trying to make rubbish up so he in return gets a better contract for pritchard....
  • Options
    3 mil would do nicely.
  • Options
    Miles off from prem standard
  • Options
    10 million nothing less.
  • Options
    The Villa radar is pointing at the Championship because that's where they are heading.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If he was 19/20 I might believe it. No way those teams are looking at a 27 year old former non-league player. There's too much for him to learn and not enough time. I could maybe see Villa looking at him, but only because signing the wrong players seems to be Lambert's thing. I'm glad that he's being talked about though because it means he's getting the recognition he deserves.
  • Options
    Love him to bits but he's only just up to championship standard and even then only cos he bursts his buns every game. Somebody is having a giraffe here.
  • Options

If he was 19/20 I might believe it. No way those teams are looking at a 27 year old former non-league player. There's too much for him to learn and not enough time. I could maybe see Villa looking at him, but only because signing the wrong players seems to be Lambert's thing. I'm glad that he's being talked about though because it means he's getting the recognition he deserves.

How old were Ian Wright and DJ Campbell?
  • Options

Would be a huge mistake for him at this stage of his career. Never get games in the premiership and will drift into loans. He can go on and improve with us and if he's still doing the bizzo in a couple of years then good luck to him. However. He could probably treble his money. I hope not.

He's 27 = not tons of years left.
  • Options

Agree. A feather in his cap and great to be mentioned in same breath as Prem Clubs. Thoroughly deserved too.

But I think he's definitely a "feet firmly on the ground" lad and absolutely loves it at Charlton.

" Nowhere, Pritchard is going nowhere!"

• Options
    edited January 2013
    LenGlover said:

How old were Ian Wright and DJ Campbell?
    22 and 24 respectively however DJ played as a youth for QPR? then Villa before going non league then back again with Brentford :-)
  • Options
    Luckily i think he is to smart to make the wrong move, to much sense to sit on the bench rather then enjoy life as a hero at Charlton where he know's he has a potential future career to.
  • Options
    The transfer silly season has officially begun.

That said, I think he'd be mad to turn down a move in the unlikely event there was any truth in it - finally getting a chance with us must have felt like a lottery win, and he's not in his late teens or early 20s when a big money contract is likely to be on the table for him many times in the future.
  • Options
    No chance surely... Has played well lately apart from his shooting!
  • Options
    Maybe its a rumour made up by a Charlton Life reading Watford Sky Sports reporter , to try and wind up the Charlton fans?

Long shot i know :-0
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    we have definately unearthed a gem in pritchard
  • Options

Luckily i think he is to smart to make the wrong move, to much sense to sit on the bench rather then enjoy life as a hero at Charlton where he know's he has a potential future career to.

Don't think it would happen but at 27 if a prem club came in for him and trebled his wages with a three year contract the sensible thing would be to take it. Being a hero does not pay the mortgage if he was a kid it would be different. Can't see it happening

• Options

The Villa radar is pointing at the Championship because that's where they are heading.

There could well be some truth in that. Build a team relatively cheaply to get promotion next year.
  • Options
    Kap10 said:

Don't think it would happen but at 27 if a prem club came in for him and trebled his wages with a three year contract the sensible thing would be to take it. Being a hero does not pay the mortgage if he was a kid it would be different. Can't see it happening

Quality of life and career would be a consideration for anyone, especially for someone like him who basicly had given up on his dream of being a pro, why throw that away to not play football in a short career.

Im sure im not the only person to have chosen lifestyle over money, i know i could of made more money if i had focussed on one aspect of my career but i like my lifestyle of doing a bit of everything.

So i really doubt he would think just about the money as he is not an ordinary journeyman footballer.

• Options
    Would be a terrible call on his part. He is going to be a top player - of that I have little doubt - but he is still learning and the best place for him to do that is with us -not stagnating in a Premiership reserve side.
  • Options
    If we ever have money to invest though he may well stagnate on the bench here. If there is a chance of a payday he should take it.
  • Options
    He's got a wedding to pay for!
  • Options
    sammy391 said:

He's got a wedding to pay for!

I thought he was still paying off his student loan! :-0

• Options

If we ever have money to invest though he may well stagnate on the bench here. If there is a chance of a payday he should take it.

Sir Chris knows he is going to be a top player. Even with money, I think he has a place in the side.
  • Options
    edited January 2013