Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pritchard Rumour.... Sky Sports

Comments

• Options
    LOL I though Jeremy fooking beadle was going to stick his head out the clouds when I read this thread. Haha Pritchard in the premier league
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    When I first saw him play against Reading last season, my instinct was that he could go all the way. I haven't seen anything to change my mind. He has only just come into League football and it should be accepted that it will take a season or two for him to adapt.

The thing is - for the weakness I see in his game- I have also seen evidence that he has the ability to address these. He certainly needs to to be a Premiership player, but if a club bought him - they would be looking beyond the here and now. Just think, he is best focusing on the here and now and staying with us.
  • Options
    I was hoping he would be our "find" of the season---he still could be but please £4 million !! id drive him up there for that.
  • Options
    If this is true - and I very much doubt it is - I think people will have to revise their random number generator lower. If they were looking the main reason would be to get a cheap deal out of it. I really, really don't think we'd get £3-4million for the bloke. Not anywhere near.
  • Options
    agent talk. isnt he out of a contract end of this season ?
  • Options
    Rudders22 said:

agent talk. isnt he out of a contract end of this season ?

No, signed a 2 year extension in the summer.
  • Options
    More likely a case of mistaken identity :)
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Would take 1.5 for him. Not even all that.
    And from his POV. Hes already 27 so, payday $$
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    MattD said:

Would take 1.5 for him. Not even all that

In what way is he 'not even all that'?
  • Options
    MattD said:

Would take 1.5 for him. Not even all that.
    And from his POV. Hes already 27 so, payday $$

Sat at home on New Years Day I assume?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Like others i rate Pritchard, but as good as he is for us I don't think he is ready for the Premiership. Again though if silly money is offered and we use those funds to bring in some quality players i would not be unhappy with that, but i very much doubt this is true.
  • Options
    Think he showed against Fulham last year he could do a job in the Prem.
  • Options
    He'd be a better signing for a prem club than Stephens. Powell and Co. have turned Pritch into a VERY good little midfielder
  • Options
    Plaaayer said:

Think he showed against Fulham last year he could do a job in the Prem.

This. What I want to know is how the hell he managed to avoid being noticed for so long until we grabbed him? The man is a fantastic player so how did nobody else spot him?

• Options
    I love Pritchard, but realistically if we're offered £1m+ then it's decent business for us and you couldn't really stand in the lads way.
  • Options
    I guess in the end if enough money is offered any player is for sale as Ronaldo at Man Utd proved. I would be gutted if he went as the lad is a phenomenal athlete and ahs a massive heart but if we are talking silly money then it could be what we need for a re-build. Honestly I would prefer Stephens to go but if it was little Brad or Solly then Brad it has to be. Would be a great shame though.
  • Options
    he could make the step up i think. i would be gutted to lose him. as i have said before #keepyourbestplayers
  • Options

Love him to bits but he's only just up to championship standard and even then only cos he bursts his buns every game. Somebody is having a giraffe here.

Yes, I'd take 1million or more considering what we paid. This is a silly rumour.

• Options
    I hope he stays, but if he's offered even modest Premier League wages he should take it, and we shouldn't stand in his way.

I know we would all be the same if we came into professional football late (relatively speaking) in life, but his attitude looks fantastic. I doubt he'd hold down a place in most Premier League sides, but many thought he'd struggle to do that in
    League 1 or the Championship.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Be lucky to get a £1Million for him, he is a trier nothing more.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    With reflection , i think this has as much legs as the Koc rumour... ie its not going to happen, still i guess if it gives some journo a job.
  • Options
    Gazcafc81 said:

Be lucky to get a £1Million for him, he is a trier nothing more.

Don't know why he bothers - he clearly has no ability!

Jesus christ some people on here make me laugh.

Against Ipswich he was our man of the match and only played half a game. He has energy, he's brave (he clattered into N'Daw), he has pace and so much heart it is unbelievable. And clearly loves the game and is proud of the opportunity

Whilst he is not going to be the next Bryan Robson he has proven he can cut it in this division and I am glad we have him. I think his final ball could be better and that's probably what will keep him out of the top flight for the immediate future.

I don' think we will sell him but if a decent offer came in, and it meant maybe keeping Solly, then that would be the preferred option for me.

• Options
    I think talk of £1m + is unrealistic to be honest, if the above teams are linked to him I reckon it's more likely that they'd be looking to take a £500,000 punt on him to see if he can make the step up.
  • Options
    IF they offer £10m and Darren Bent then I think we should consider it!!!
  • Options
    iaitch said:

IF they offer £10m and Darren Bent then I think we should consider it!!!

Only if they pay Bent's wages. Not that we should be greedy, mind.

; - )
  • Options
    Can't see this happening,but never say never.
  • Options
    I think since Pritchard has come in to the team in his correct position CM we have looked a much better team, he is the best box to box midfielder we have had since Scott Parker. Love his attitude, he breaks up play really well and gets in to some good attacking positions. Was it his cross for our second goal against Watford? I think he works well with Stephens as it allows Stephens to hold the midfield together and spray passes around. If he can improve on his shooting then we will have a real gem on our hands.
  • Options
    f4e, can't disagree with anything you said.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Went with a couple of Derby fans to the game on Saturday and they singled out Pritchard as our best player. They said that he was the reason Hughes (their Jonjo, linked with Liverpool and even Barca) was hauled off in the second half, Pritchard gave him no time and space to pull the strings and generally roughed him up and he had to go off and Derby went to Plan B.

He's been a consistent 8+ rating in the last three games and fully deserves to be, at present, our #1 centre midfielder.
  • Options

I think talk of £1m + is unrealistic to be honest, if the above teams are linked to him I reckon it's more likely that they'd be looking to take a £500,000 punt on him to see if he can make the step up.

Not really since we wouldn't sell him for only £500k.