Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Pritchard Rumour.... Sky Sports

Comments

• Scoham said:

I think talk of £1m + is unrealistic to be honest, if the above teams are linked to him I reckon it's more likely that they'd be looking to take a £500,000 punt on him to see if he can make the step up.

Not really since we wouldn't sell him for only £500k.
    I wasn’t suggesting that we would or even should sell him for 500K, I was pointing out that I can't see the teams that are meant to be linked with him offering more than that as he would be seen as a gamble for a prem team.
  • Swisdom said:

Gazcafc81 said:

Be lucky to get a £1Million for him, he is a trier nothing more.

Don't know why he bothers - he clearly has no ability!

Jesus christ some people on here make me laugh.

Against Ipswich he was our man of the match and only played half a game. He has energy, he's brave (he clattered into N'Daw), he has pace and so much heart it is unbelievable. And clearly loves the game and is proud of the opportunity

Whilst he is not going to be the next Bryan Robson he has proven he can cut it in this division and I am glad we have him. I think his final ball could be better and that's probably what will keep him out of the top flight for the immediate future.

I don' think we will sell him but if a decent offer came in, and it meant maybe keeping Solly, then that would be the preferred option for me.

good post Swisdom
  • I think since Pritchard has come in to the team in his correct position CM we have looked a much better team, he is the best box to box midfielder we have had since Scott Parker. Love his attitude, he breaks up play really well and gets in to some good attacking positions. Was it his cross for our second goal against Watford? I think he works well with Stephens as it allows Stephens to hold the midfield together and spray passes around. If he can improve on his shooting then we will have a real gem on our hands.

I like him as a box to box player - and funnily enough I think Wilson would be even better at it

• the increase prem money is warping the transfer market badly, doesn't bode well for the future for championship clubs like ours, will soon be huge squads in the bigger clubs with larger numbers of loans out

madness

there should be a limit on wages vs turnover brought in
  • I thought we had him for life! Ruined my afternoon that link...
  • Doubt this has much truth to it. However if we received an acceptable offer then he should go and we should take it. On the one hand it could secure our finances to the end of the season and on the other Powell needs to sell to gain a transfer kitty to improve the squad.
  • Scoham said:

I think talk of £1m + is unrealistic to be honest, if the above teams are linked to him I reckon it's more likely that they'd be looking to take a £500,000 punt on him to see if he can make the step up.

And you would know this how?
  • Gazcafc81 said:

Disagree, I think he has a quality pass on him and energy to burn. At a better club with the best facilities he could be a low prem to high Chumpionship.

• J BLOCK said:

Scoham said:

Unless a club desperately needs the money, how many Championship sides sell first team players for that sort of money? How would we afford a decent replacement?
  • It has to be accepted that there are scouts from Premiership clubs watching and reporting back on Solly. It stands to reason that they will notice other players too and report back that they are worth having on the radar. If I had to guess, I'd say Hamer, Pritchard and possibly Wilson are on that list. It doesn't mean an offer is imminent but it might be reasonable to report that Prmier clubs are taking an interest if this is the case.
  • Sponsored links:

• Villa think he's Stephens. Easy mistake to make.
  • Scoham said:

J BLOCK said:

Scoham said:

Unless a club desperately needs the money, how many Championship sides sell first team players for that sort of money? How would we afford a decent replacement?
    We may never know

• edited January 2013

MattD said:

Would take 1.5 for him. Not even all that

In what way is he 'not even all that'?
    He works hard but not a lot of ability. In that way.
    Would be a okay squad/backup player at this level, but your not going to get much further with players like him considered being one of the better midfielders at the club.
  • Gazcafc81 said:

Exactly
  • this is transfer window season with rumours flying all over the place. Pritchard,although26, is inexperienced at football league level. He is as honest a player as you will see but, I agree that his passing is no more than average and he can't shoot (same as Scott Parker before he matured) however if the club is offered anything close to a million, then, of course, they must take it. However these premiership scouts are not usually stupid(except when recruiting some foreign players) and I can't see any offer at that level for him, yet
  • Gazcafc81 said:

Great!

No-one will offer a million and we wouldn't sell for less than a million so there you go, he's going nowhere.
  • edited January 2013
    MattD said:

MattD said:

Would take 1.5 for him. Not even all that

In what way is he 'not even all that'?
    He works hard but not a lot of ability. In that way.
    Would be a okay squad/backup player at this level, but your not going to get much further with players like him considered being one of the better midfielders at the club.
    really? If i was CP id look to build a better midfield around players like him.

Football isnt just about 'technical' ability, especially in the English game.

His abilities are that he can tackle, has bags of energy and stamina and can play it simple. His finishing is poor and i dont think ive seen him making 70 yard passes, but if he could do that he'd be playing for Barca.

He's considered one of the best midfielders at the club because he's good at what he's needed for.

If i was Stephens id love to have him next to me because i know he'd allow me to concentrate on what im good at.

Honestly Matt, if you was at that game yesterday i dont understand how you can consider him a squad/backup player. I dont know what you're expecting.
  • If i was Stephens id love to have him next to me because i know he'd allow me to concentrate on what im good at.

Whatever that may be...

• Rizzo said:

If i was Stephens id love to have him next to me because i know he'd allow me to concentrate on what im good at.

Whatever that may be...

Was a great assist for our winning goal yesterday, wasn't it Rizzo?
  • The occasional good pass isn't enough I'm afraid.
  • Sponsored links:

• Rizzo said:

The occasional good pass isn't enough I'm afraid.

tbf Stephens hasnt been great this season, but he was excellent yesterday and now maybe with Pritchard alongside him in a balance midfield, it might bring the best from him.
  • Suspect that despite his age that someone looking at him might think, "he's gone from non-league to established CCC in a season, he'll be cheap to run and put a shift in, worth a small punt". I love the guy but I'd not begrudge him a payday.
  • Very much not what Villa needs though: they have to get in some experience at this stage.
  • Pritch = Keith Jones not Parker not kinsella etc

He is a more mobile Jonesy and prob quicker

He holds the midfield and drives the team on with his energy and relentless work rate

He has that energy and work rate To mask the other things he lacks

I am sure he knows this too

The thing is people expect too much from all our players and are very unrealistic in what they wish to see

• He's a 'Steve Gritt meets Scott Parker' love-child. Worth every penny we pay him and very much in the mould of the successful Charlton player of the past 25 years. Personally, I'd hate to see him go as we would miss him and don't think that he will go.
  • Pritch = Keith Jones not Parker not kinsella etc

He is a more mobile Jonesy and prob quicker

He holds the midfield and drives the team on with his energy and relentless work rate

He has that energy and work rate To mask the other things he lacks

I am sure he knows this too

The thing is people expect too much from all our players and are very unrealistic in what they wish to see

Incredible to think Parker went for £10 million & Kinsella went for £1 million , although one was on the up and the other had suspect knees, i loved seeing both of them in a Charlton shirt but i know which one would be more welcome down at the Valley in years to come.
  • I think he is worth every penny we pay him and considering it was only coaching that lacked to bring him through to the pro ranks we are lucky to have finally unearthed a non league gem

But both camps need to be realistic

He is the best player at our club in the postition and the way he plays

We need someone like him

He is not fat frank and never will be he is also not a weak point nor a poor player who tries hard and not much else bought to the table

• Is Pritchard our new Kishishev? Divide opinion because they're not as technically gifted as most around them but a work rate and ethic that is second to none.
    Lots of us can see the huge positives they brought/bring to the team in doing lots of the dirty work despite their limitations, whilst others can't. Pritchard also gives us the added bonus of a more attacking element to his game as well.
    In my opinion the team was noticeably weaker when Kish was missing from it and it's the same with Pritchard.
  • DRAddick said:

Is Pritchard our new Kishishev?

Over to you, Len ......

;o)

• Pritch has a lot of the attributes that are in vogue at the top level - decent touch (I think - others seem to feel he has poor technique), moves the ball on quickly, good anticipation, constant movement & energy. Plus, he is still improving.

That said, Villa have come unstuck buying 'potential' this year and you sense they will go for a proven old-hand. But Fulham, W Ham, teams like that might fancy taking a punt, reasoning that we'd accept a reasonable offer for a guy with 50 league appearances and 1 league goal....

I don't want to lose him, mind - we definitely play better with him in CM, and that's his main asset above all others.