Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Jim Davidson

Comments

• Love to see Big Break brought back with Jimmy Davidson and Johnny Virgo.
  • Respect to you Fred!
    JD bailed until march!
    Innocent until proven guilty.
  • Just said on the BBC news that the allegations relate to two women who were in their mid-20's at the time - 20 odd years ago.

Not sure why this has to be reported with reference to Jimmy Saville when there would appear to be no link whatsoever.
  • Just read the article on the BBC website & had to laugh when it stated that an 80 year old man had also been arrested....!

• Off_it said:

Just said on the BBC news that the allegations relate to two women who were in their mid-20's at the time - 20 odd years ago.

Not sure why this has to be reported with reference to Jimmy Saville when there would appear to be no link whatsoever.

I think it's the police team set up that links it with Saville! The whole case is called 'Saville and others' I think. A bit tenuous if nothing to do with Saville because it automatically makes the accusations more credible!
  • Greenie said:

Off_it said:

Just said on the BBC news that the allegations relate to two women who were in their mid-20's at the time - 20 odd years ago.

I think it's the police team set up that links it with Saville! The whole case is called 'Saville and others' I think. A bit tenuous if nothing to do with Saville because it automatically makes the accusations more credible!
    It also makes people instantly think of a certain type of offence, which appears to be nowhere near the accusations here. Don't want to get into the whole "is one offence worse than another" debate here, but at the very least it seems to be a bit of a disingenuous "link" to me.
  • Off_it said:

Allegedly arrested as part of Operation Yewtree. My understanding is that Yewtree follows on from Savile allegations but not all the people involved relate to Savile.

• Heard a rumour of this a few weeks ago. I don't think any of the names coming out are a major surprise are they?
  • What I do not understand is the TV news programmes naming JD but not the other person also arrested.
  • edited January 2013
    I might be wrong, but the DLT thing seems to be along the same lines? IE, girl of consensual age gets groped by a fellow a few years older than her? Not brilliant, but not going to change the rest of your life unless you were already a bit unsteady? Or am I being more of a twat than usual?

PS. Well done Fred.
  • Sponsored links:

• So they were in their mid-twenties??

Jim will be cleared by Saturdays FA Cup game!
  • Much as I admire the sentiments expressed by Jim's son I would say that its very unwise for anyone to comment too much on this case at all, there is nothing much to be gained either way but quite a bit to be lost.
  • Women in their mid twenties at the time. So why not report it then. This, in my opinion, is becoming more like a witch hunt by the day. Anyone can step forward and make an accusation and drag someone's name though the mud. In my opinion if it is found there is no case to answer the women involved should then be named likewise.
  • I'm another one in the "not particularly a fan" camp, but agree that speculation at this point is unhelpful. If he's innocent then it just adds to the undue pressure he and his family are going to be under, and if he's guilty it could jeopardise the criminal process, and land AFKA and LookOut with a load of grief.

It's worth remembering in relation to all the arrests that Operation Yewtree isn't investigating child abuse but historic allegations of sexual assault. Some of the alleged victims were children at the time, some weren't, and some of the alleged offences were rapes and some weren't. Being arrested is a legal formality, and doesn't mean the police have enough evidence to charge, let alone secure a conviction. Until the police start charging people, we're not going to have any idea what the accusations against them are, and we won't really know until cases come to court.
  • edited January 2013
    Seems like it's got to the point where anyone that may have a had a fiddle about can be accused not people who've broken the law.

They'll be going after Chalky next . "OOOOOOOOOOOO KKKKKKKKKKK!
  • Women in their mid twenties at the time. So why not report it then. This, in my opinion, is becoming more like a witch hunt by the day. Anyone can step forward and make an accusation and drag someone's name though the mud. In my opinion if it is found there is no case to answer the women involved should then be named likewise.

Have to disagree with that. Just because the CPS don't have the evidence/balls to persue a conviction (in any sexual assault case, not these ones specifically) doesn't mean that the alleged victims are making it up. Naming them just victimises them twice over.
  • Have to agree that the "Celebrity" should not be named until the police actually charge them with something but i feel very uncomfortable how quickly some people jump to try and twist the blame on to the possible victims of any of the crimes by any of the people arrested so far.

Unless you have experianced the same crime that they claim happened to them i think it is wrong and damning statement on certain sections of society that people give an opinion on how they would react to something that has never and hopefully never will happen to them.

Just to make the point for anyone misunderstanding my post im not saying Jim has done it as im talking about all the cases reported so far.

Lets just wait and see before people come to a conclusion.

• I think the way this operation has been conducted by the police is atrocious. Equally the media reporting has been just as bad.
    Remember, no one has been charged with anything yet.
  • This comment is general. When did it become "a legal formality" to go around arresting people without any proper evidence and what happened to the old concept of "helping the police with their enquiries"? I am not suggesting this has anything to do with a Machiavellian State plan to construct a national DNA database.

There is something disturbing about this trend as plenty of ill-informed members of the public equate "arrested" with "must be guilty". Couldn't the old bill confine arrests to people who won't co-operate or who try to scarper?
  • Out of celeb bb
    Jim Davidson was arrested at Heathrow yesterday after flying home for tonight’s Celebrity Big Brother.

The comedian, 59, was met by detectives at the airport around midday when his flight from Dubai touched down.

He was taken to a police station where he was quizzed on suspicion of sexual offences involving two women dating back 25 years, according to his lawyer.

Several officers later arrived at his £1million home before leaving around 7pm with evidence bags.

Davidson was due to enter the Big Brother house tonight with stars rumoured to include EastEnders actress Gillian Taylforth and jockey Frankie Dettori.

A Channel 5 source yesterday revealed the comic will be replaced after holding discussions with him yesterday afternoon.

They said: “Everyone has agreed that it’s for the best.”

Davidson is the 10th man to be questioned as part of the Jimmy Savile sex abuse inquiry.

But the allegations are not thought to be directly linked to the disgraced DJ.

Scene: Police at Davidson's home
    Solent
    Another unnamed man aged 53 was also arrested yesterday by officers from Scotland Yard’s Operation Yewtree.

Police refused to discuss whether the two cases were linked or if the men knew each other.

Shortly after five-times married dad-of-five Davidson was held, officers with keys arrived at his house in Stockbridge, Hampshire, and let themselves in.

Asked if they were officers connected with Yewtree they replied: “We might be.”

They then drew the curtains of windows on the ground floor.

In a statement yesterday, Davidson’s solicitor Henri Brandman said: “Two women have made allegations in respect of Jim that date back approximately 25 years.

“The complainants were then in their mid 20s. Jim vigorously denies the allegations.”

Davidson was freed on bail. His lawyer said he had not been charged.

Yewtree has three strands: one dealing with allegations directly against Savile, the second is the DJ and others and the third involving “others”.

Scene: The house where Davidson lives
    Solent
    Yesterday’s arrests are thought to come under “others”.

High-profile arrests so far include Gary Glitter, comedian Freddie Starr, publicist Max Clifford and DJ Dave Lee Travis.

After the Savile scandal broke last October, Davidson said he was worried that speculation over the identity of sex abusers at the BBC would lead to false accusations.

In a blog, he wrote: “Everyone has had the nod... enough is enough.

"The Jimmy Savile witch-hunt is going a bit silly now.”

He also claimed to know about Savile.

He wrote: “A bloke who’s a loner, dresses and acts like a nonce and thinks he is the most ­important person in the world.

"Hmmm. I knew. I had no proof.”
  • Sponsored links:

• The funny thing is... He hasent lived or been to Dubai in over 4 years.
  • cafcfred4 said:

The funny thing is... He hasent lived or been to Dubai in over 4 years.

LOL (Dubai has become a major hub, so if he had been to Asia/Australasia could have flown via Dubai.)
    On a serious note, I think these investigations relate to cases that weren't properly investigated originally. So as already said aren't connected to Saville.
    After 30 years I doubt many will lead to prosecutions.

• Fred I do t know you but I hope you are alright and I hope your old man is treated fairly

The not charged part of this sTory should be the focus and

As said many times before you innocent until proven guilty

Good luck pal
  • Hope and suspect he is innocent.

Big fan of his, would hate to think "one of us" was involved in anything untoward.
  • The theme tune to big break doesn't help his cause really does it, "put up a real good fight we"re gonna be snookering you tonight"
  • What happened to Max Cliffords case , is it still ongoing , was he released

Married 5 times , glutton for punishment !
  • edited January 2013
    I obviously love to see nonses get strung up, but I think this is now a case of the Old Bill using a sledge hammer to crack a nut to gain a bit of popularity, and I can see it all back firing spectacularly like most of their other efforts (Plebgate to mention one). Also if some of the public figures that have been named and shamed are proved to be completed innocent, I hope the apologies on the news and in the papers are as big as the headlines that originally broke the stories.
  • As a woman I cannot understand why someone would take so long to come forward with allegations. If this is a case of women jumping on the bandwagon to get some form of compensation then this is awful. I can't see how you can prove something like this so many years after the event. JD should have a right to privacy unless actually charged.
  • This does seem a bit absurd. Firstly, it didn't involve children and happened 25 years ago. Was it not investigated then? What new evidence could possibly have come to light? Serious questions have to be asked of the Police- frankly, I have no confidence in them at all.
  • Well done Fred--- first class.

Whate ever happens i hope you and yours will be ok.