Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

FA Cup 3rd Round | Charlton vs. Huddersfield | 5th January 2013 | Preview, Teams, Predictions

Comments

• I feel another Solako moment for tomorrow.
    1-1
  • Kap10 said:

losing 5-1 down to 10 men win 7-6

Don't be silly, Kap, that would never happen. Next you'll be suggesting one of our players will get five goals too...
    Yeah another fantasy
  • Haynes is 100% out then:
    Danny Haynes ‏@ballaboydan
    Fuming I'm not playing 2morrow but ill b there supporting the boys! Next round, Arsenal at emirates please
  • Think we are going to see a very young side tomorrow. Ruben Bover has just tweeted wishing the following players good luck for tomorrow:

Bradley Jordan
    Morgan Fox
    Callum Harriot
    Jordan Cousins
    Semi Ajayi

My guess is most or all will be on the bench. One or two might get game time depending on how it pans out.
  • Mrbacon said:

Wasn't going originally but I just can't keep away because I'm a mug. Buying on the day, North Lower, Arsenal away after a 2-0 Addicks win tomorrow please!

Haynes is 100% out then:
    Danny Haynes ‏@ballaboydan
    Fuming I'm not playing 2morrow but ill b there supporting the boys! Next round, Arsenal at emirates please

Is Mr Bacon, Danny Haynes in disguise?? ;-)
  • edited January 2013
    God, the morning of the match and I'm really struggling to get up for it. How the once mighty FA Cup has fallen. I recall FA cup 3rd round day used to create a similar feeling to Christmas! I'd love to get it back! Any result today is possible - we will play a weakened team so much will depend on Huddersfield's approach. The fact they are on a poor run, suggests they might want the confidence boost of a win, so I suspect they will go strong and probably win.
  • Can you get into the Valley with a large backpack stuffed with clothes? My mate has been staying over and hasn't planned ahead.
  • Not for the Millwall game, but a decent chance with this one. At worst, you can probably leave it with the office staff.
  • Can't see either manager being overly concerned about this game other than to look at options. Disjointed performances from both teams because of team fiddling and a 2 - 1 win for The Addicks purely because we're at home.
  • We (RD) have decided that we are going to sit in the east stand near away fans for this game. Hoping for a Decent amount of us. All are welcome to come over, also does anyone know if we're able to bring a Drum into the east? Cheers.

Haha good on ya. Im going north upper, hope its not silent now!

Would love a cup run. Not to speak to soon but if average form is anything to go by looks like we're staying up and theres money to be made from the cup! Also I havent seen any top top class players live since prem days so thatd be a massive bonus if we drew one of the big teams like Villa.
  • Sponsored links:

• its always good to see a kid come through the ranks but i hope this isnt a reserve team---its the FA CUP a good run could get us £200--300K -------------we have been total shit in this for to long.

Was 50/50 about going this morning now 80/20 giving it a miss.The club seems to have no respect for ANY cup so will save my dosh for the Blackpool game
  • I have decided to get off my arse and go as i have nothing better to do.

2 - 0 win to us. I don't have a clue whose scoring as I don't have a clue what team SCP is putting out.
  • We (RD) have decided that we are going to sit in the east stand near away fans for this game. Hoping for a Decent amount of us. All are welcome to come over, also does anyone know if we're able to bring a Drum into the east? Cheers.

Would love a cup run. Not to speak to soon but if average form is anything to go by looks like we're staying up and theres money to be made from the cup! Also I havent seen any top top class players live since prem days so thatd be a massive bonus if we drew one of the big teams like Villa.
    North Upper and West Upper are closed. Like they always are for smaller cup games.

North Upper and West Upper are closed. Like they always are for smaller cup games.
    Oh right thought it was just West. Thats good though at least if its a small turn out wont be too sparse.
    Hope we get 10,000.
    Also - am all for playing youth players from a clearly very strong team, but whacking them all in at once seems like a bit of a cop-out and gives Powell and early excuse. I like to see one or two get 20 mins at the end of a league match.

Oh right thought it was just West. Thats good though at least if its a small turn out wont be too sparse.
    Hope we get 10,000.
    Also - am all for playing youth players from a clearly very strong team, but whacking them all in at once seems like a bit of a cop-out and gives Powell and early excuse. I like to see one or two get 20 mins at the end of a league match.
    The Lower West stand has never been shut for a cup game.
  • Last cup game I had no hopes for was reading and that was a great game to watch.

Looking forward to seeing some of the youngsters making their debuts
  • Nice 4-2 victory. Bring on the Prem. big guns :-O
  • shirty5 said:

We (RD) have decided that we are going to sit in the east stand near away fans for this game. Hoping for a Decent amount of us. All are welcome to come over, also does anyone know if we're able to bring a Drum into the east? Cheers.

Hope we get 10,000.
    The Lower West stand has never been shut for a cup game.
    Yeah it was. They shut the west and east and north and just filled the quadrants one time.
  • Think we are going to see a very young side tomorrow. Ruben Bover has just tweeted wishing the following players good luck for tomorrow:

Bradley Jordan
    Morgan Fox
    Callum Harriot
    Jordan Cousins
    Semi Ajayi

Is Semi not on loan at Dartford?
  • dartford have a semi
  • Sponsored links:

• team: Charlton: Button, Wilson, Evina, Dervite, Taylor; Cook, Pritchard, Stephens, Kerkar; Wright-Phillips, Kermorgant
  • Charlton subs: Hamer, Fox, Morrison, Jackson, Green, Wagstaff, Azeez
  • Hmmm, good to see Cook and BWP getting a run but not so sure about Kerkar. Nice to see some youngsters on the bench.
  • Strong team
  • Looks like a decent team, would wanna see some of the youngsters come on (a little surprised at no Harriot, thought he was the furthest along of our youngsters? But i'm not particularly in the know in that area)
  • No Solly?
  • Southbank said:

No Solly?

*alarm bells*
  • Decent seat in the west. Looking forward to this.
  • Southbank said:

No Solly?

*alarm bells*
    Or just a rest for one of the few (only apart from Hamer?) to play every game this season :P
  • Southbank said:

No Solly?

scp had problems writing his name on the team sheet...apparently solly seems to be the hardest word...

*alarm bells*
    Or just a rest for one of the few (only apart from Hamer?) to play every game this season :P