Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

WHY CANT WAGGY GET A GAME IN THIS SIDE???????????

Comments

• Options
    All his good for is running about like a headless chicken and moaning at the ref obviously SCP has finally realised that.
  • Options
    TBH. At least he makes an effort. I have never rated him, but cannot see why he didn't play yesterday.
  • Options
    I'm not a great fan of waggy, his constant arguing with ref's & rolling around injured do him no good at all BUT at least he gives it 100% and seems to care, not sure Green,Kerkar or to a lesser extent Cook do.
  • Options
    Are you too young to remember Robbo in his early days?....
  • Options
    Wagstaff, like Green, cant defend like Jacko, pritch or kerkar so CP will be very reluctant to play him. Its a shame that Green and waggy are probably on the way out cos they actually bring some attacking threat to midfield.
  • Options
    It's pretty clear isn't it ? Waggy & Green didn't play because they will probably go in the next few weeks & we will get a fee (undisclosed) for both of them. This will hopefully enable us to get in at least one player, who is potentially better.
    Kerkar, Cook & Dervite were free signings after Powell was unable to make his planned signings, due to the money disappearing. He didn't plan to sign them originally, but was left looking at what was left on the shelf in Aldi's bargain bucket.
  • Options
    Looks like Aldis bargain bucket was anything but.:)
    No shame in admitting mistakes and moving them on.
  • Options
    I really like Waggy even his moaning as it only comes from passion plus my first few season of being a Charlton fan came watching a certain John Robinson(Legend), that being said im not sure if long term he is good enough for this division especially now that we have got back to better form in the league.

• Options

Wagstaff, like Green, cant defend like Jacko, pritch or kerkar so CP will be very reluctant to play him. Its a shame that Green and waggy are probably on the way out cos they actually bring some attacking threat to midfield.

One thing Waggy CAN do is defend and I'd go as far as to say that Waggy's defending played a large part in enabling Solly to develop into the player he now is.

Solly knew that he could push on because Waggy had the engine to track back and cover.

I'm one to trust in SCP normally but I genuinely think letting Waggy go could be a mistake.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

One thing Waggy CAN do is defend and I'd go as far as to say that Waggy's defending played a large part in enabling Solly to develop into the player he now is.

Solly knew that he could push on because Waggy had the engine to track back and cover.

I'm one to trust in SCP normally but I genuinely think letting Waggy go could be a mistake.
    Hm yeah he does have a good engine, but so do jacko and pritch. Hes weak in the tackle and no good defending from corners/ set pieces.
    Im finding it harder and harder to defend scp but in his defence, if hes insecure about his position then i understand playing it safe.
    Agree it would be mistake to let waggy go but im probably biased - like to see youth success
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2013
    Lets face it, Wilson is our only genuine wide player who is currently up to Championship football. In an ideal world Green and Waggy will be moved on and replaced in January. Cook, and to a lesser extent Kerkar, deserve a little bit more time to impress but both currently look short of what we're ideally aiming for although, in their defence, Cook has had less than a handful of starts and Kerkar was playing (a bit) better a few weeks back.

Waggy has great athleticism and decent pace, but he still can't cross with any consistent threat and very rarely beats his man with skill. He's still young but I think his development has plateaued since he first established himself in the first team. I never felt he was anything more than an fairly average, if very likable, League 1 winger. I know the same could probably be said all his competitors for a berth on the wing, but he's had longer to show his worth and I can see why Powell might think Waggy has had his chance and it's time to give some other guys a chance.

The reality is, Waggy is not really significantly better or worse than Cook/Kerkar/Green. Picking him would not make much difference and none of those 4 are currently part of our first choice XI.

My worry is Wilson will be our first choice right back by the end of January and one of Cook/Waggy/Green will be playing regularly in front of him.
  • Options
    Len Glover.at least you talk sense,How the hell can he be judged,when has had no game time at all since August,when he scored and was kicked up in the air by Orient?.....
  • Options
    kerkar has gone backwards - started with confidence to take people on - not always successful but sometimes made things happen - don't think he is a wide player really - dfeinitely not wide left. Cook - first time i've seen him - totally anonymous. Green - not really up to this level. Wilson I like but no full back. haynes - a centre forward. so that leaves waggy, pritchard - a centre mid, not a wide player. jackson - has quality but not the pace so other than jackson or wilson, waggy would be my next pick out wide. The truth is, our lack of quality out wide is probably the main reason we are so pants at home. cm and quality wide player needed. until then, i hope waggy gets another chance.
  • Options

I'd like to see Wilson move inside with BP and Waggy wide. Our ability to break from our deep set up would be awesome. Need Haynes back or Azeez to step up though.

That is a very good shout as it would increase energy and pace in our midfield. Would also work in a midfield 5 with Stephens and Jackson
  • Options

kerkar has gone backwards - started with confidence to take people on - not always successful but sometimes made things happen - don't think he is a wide player really - dfeinitely not wide left. Cook - first time i've seen him - totally anonymous. Green - not really up to this level. Wilson I like but no full back. haynes - a centre forward. so that leaves waggy, pritchard - a centre mid, not a wide player. jackson - has quality but not the pace so other than jackson or wilson, waggy would be my next pick out wide. The truth is, our lack of quality out wide is probably the main reason we are so pants at home. cm and quality wide player needed. until then, i hope waggy gets another chance.

Bingo BD , suggest you send a letter to Mr Powell.

• Options

Bingo BD , suggest you send a letter to Mr Powell.

Yeah, he could compete with Shearer in terms of pointing out the blatent.
    Has green not been dangerous everytime hes come on as a sub?
  • Options
    more guff ronny
  • Options

Len Glover.at least you talk sense,How the hell can he be judged,when has had no game time at all since August,when he scored and was kicked up in the air by Orient?.....

Because everyone says "In CP we trust" can't be picky and choosy with a Legend!!!!
  • Options
    Waggy has had over 3 years of fairly regular first team involvement in which to impress, a year and a half of which has been with Powell in charge, plus CP seeing him everyday in training. Waggy was not good enough to be considered a top performer last season in a weaker division, why would he miraculously be a better player in a tougher division? Orient didn't really fancy him when they had him on loan either.

CP has given Waggy plenty of chances and even attempted to turn him into a striker to try and find a way to utilise. him. Even after all that, CP obviously still doesn't fancy him. You may disagree with his conclusion, but it's wrong to suggest he's been written off without being given a chance.
  • Options
    Don't think Waggy is up to the Champ but he is 10 times the player Kerkar is and will always get my support as every time he is picked he gives 100% whichis all you can ask of any player. Sadly you don't get it that often in modern footy and this is why we were so fortunate last season to have a full squad of similar type players.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Waggy has had over 3 years of fairly regular first team involvement in which to impress, a year and a half of which has been with Powell in charge, plus CP seeing him everyday in training. Waggy was not good enough to be considered a top performer last season in a weaker division, why would he miraculously be a better player in a tougher division? Orient didn't really fancy him when they had him on loan either.

CP has given Waggy plenty of chances and even attempted to turn him into a striker to try and find a way to utilise. him. Even after all that, CP obviously still doesn't fancy him. You may disagree with his conclusion, but it's wrong to suggest he's been written off without being given a chance.

The same applies to most of our midfielders last season, including Stephens and Green.
  • Options
    And they're not good enough for the Championship either.
  • Options
    No worse than Green, Cook or Kerkar. Also shouldn't underestimate what a bit of energy and movement off the ball can add to this side - we're much better with Wilson and Pritchard in the team over Green and Hollands/Frimpong.

Not surprised he didn't stand out at Orient, but that doesn't mean he can't offer us anything at a higher level. I think he's worth a go from the bench. At the very least he'll get in the box when we're attacking (something Green rarely does) and track back.
  • Options
    Its simple Powell doesn't like players with pace.. We must have the slowest team in the divison. It is why we are so poor at home, the away teams can push up the pitch with not much worry.
  • Options
    cs1986 said:

Its simple Powell doesn't like players with pace..

Danny Haynes has a bit of pace and I'm pretty sure SCP likes him
  • Options
    I thought Evina was our best player on Saturday and got forward better than any left sided midfielder that has played for us this season. When Wiggins is back I'd like to see Evina start in midfield with Wiggins behind him at left back with Jackson moving inside.
  • Options
    Going to Bradford.
  • Options

cs1986 said:

Its simple Powell doesn't like players with pace..

Danny Haynes has a bit of pace and I'm pretty sure SCP likes him
    Agreed he is rapid but we have one player with genuine pace and he is made of glass.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    REMINDER - Waggy will be in Ashford this Thursday evening with Chris Solly to answer all of your questions. The meeting will take place at The Kennington, Ulley Road, Kennington with a 7.30pm start and all Charlton supporters are welcome to attend. For further details, please contact ashfordandshepwayaddicks@talktalk.net.
  • Options
    I Like Waggy but having watched him enough over the years I personally don't think he has enough for this league. His delivery of the final ball is not good enough and he tends to run into blind alleys a lot. OK last year he popped up and got some useful goals but I tend to believe that CP doesn't think he can cut it at this level. Green on the other hand has more skill in the locker but doesn't have the application or the work ethic....if we could just make one player out of the two then we would have something.