Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Your Favourite Non-Charlton Players

I was interested to read Exiled Addick's comment on toaday's post-match thread that, "Phillips is one of my favourite non-Charlton players, despite the fact he normally scores against us. He's an absolute class act", because I feel exactly the same. If I'm honest though, any of that Sunderland team from that day are amongst my favourites. That was such a hard fought match, and that was part of what made it such a joy (once we'd won). Top of my list though is Michael Gray, can't think why ;-)

Who are your favourite non-Charlton players, and why?

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2013
    Gary Speed

had maximum respect from his country and every manager, player and fan from every club he played for. i thought this before he died as well.
  • Options
    Nicklas Bendtner, one of the nicest player's i have met that currently play and really like his slightly jokey over confidence in himself.
  • Options
    Christian Eriksen.

No idea why just think he's quality and I'm always surprised he's never picked up by one of the European big boys
  • Options
    Suarez, best player I've ever watched in British football.
  • Options
    Eric " Kung Fu " Cantona
  • Options
    Kevin Philipps for me as well
  • Options
    Scholes
  • Options

Eric " Kung Fu " Cantona

That one's worthy of a photo :-)

• Options
    Gazza
  • Options
    Xabi Alonso

Liverpool should never have let him go. Awesome player, seems like a model pro and loves what he does.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2013
    Mikel Alonso

That La Liga 2 pesata (2 bob?) Spanish club should never have let him go.

;o)
  • Options
    Cantona, Gascoigne, Barnes and Pearce.
  • Options

Migel Alonso

Charlton should never have let him go. Awesome player, seems like a model pro and loves what he does.

Fixed. LOL

• Options
    edited January 2013
    Le Tiss, Zidane and Dennis Bergkamp purely because they were genius footballers who never relied on being athletes with regards to Pace, Power and Stamina.
  • Options
    Bergkamp - what a player he was. Or Zola.
  • Options

Matt Le Tiss and Dennis Bergkamp.

I will add Le Tiss to mine too.
  • Options
    Henry is another for me, best player i have ever personally seen play against Charlton.
  • Options

Henry is another for me, best player i have ever personally seen play against Charlton.

Best cardigan, you mean?

• Options
    Seriously, Thierry Henry at his peak was unplayable at times. Remember that cheeky backheel goal against us, unbelievable.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

Seriously, Thierry Henry at his peak was unplayable at times. Remember that cheeky backheel goal against us, unbelievable.

Agreed sometimes you thought the rest of the Arsenal team could leave the pitch and he would still beat us, amazing talent.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Stuart Pearce, Paul Ince and Gazza
  • Options
    Iniesta.
  • Options
    Kyle Bennett Doncaster,I met him once and he was a nice lad.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

OK, will add him too!
  • Options
    Gazza
  • Options

Suarez, best player I've ever watched in British football.

What you mean that racist? How ironic........
  • Options
    Stig said:

Eric " Kung Fu " Cantona

That one's worthy of a photo :-)

I never knew Arthur from Eastenders, Boycey from Only Fools, Elton John and Salman Rushdie were Palace fans.
  • Options
    Leighton Baines, love how he plays, great passes/crosser/free kick taker.
    Frank Lampard, model pro and scores some properly good goals.
    Kevin Phlips- Top pro and seems like a really nice guy.
    Leon Osman and Tony Hibbert, always get on with it, committed and loyal. Done a great job for Everton under Moyes
  • Options
    Loved everything about Henry. He was fantastically talented, looked like a thoroughbred race horse when he got fully into his stride, and seemed to have a sense of humor to go with the gallic swagger. Nice guy I think.

Le Tissier was the other. One club man, capable of absolute brilliance and maintained a healthy appetite for pastries throughout his career. If could have been a footballer, I'd have been Charlton's version Le Tiss.
  • Options
    I know he played for the other lot, but Gareth Southgate always seemed like a model pro in the Chris Powell mode.