Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Your Favourite Non-Charlton Players

Comments

• Options
    Leivinha (uncle of Leiva of Liverpool)
    Duncan Ferguson
    Ismael Urzaiz (as in the picture)
    Julen Guerrero
    Niall Quinn
    Dean Ashton (unlucky boy...)
    Andy Carroll
    .... and ROB HULSE !!!!
  • Options
    Martijn Reuser. Signed for Ipswich towards the end of our Division 1 winning season, and he seemed to have a trademark of scoring goals into the roof of the net. For some reason, as a 13 year old, I absolutely loved that.
    I remember watching the play-off final between Ipswich and Barnsley, and willing him to score like that when he ran through on goal in the last minute. Here it is, (1:56):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9RM9gIBAAo
  • Options

Leivinha (uncle of Leiva of Liverpool)
    Duncan Ferguson
    Ismael Urzaiz (as in the picture)
    Julen Guerrero
    Niall Quinn
    Dean Ashton (unlucky boy...)
    Andy Carroll
    .... and ROB HULSE !!!!

Duncan Ferguson!? Did you not see what he did to Herman!?
  • Options
    Always loved Jay Jay Okocha for some reason
  • Options
    Kevin Nolan, he said thank you when a ball boy gave him the ball to take a throw, never seen/heard an oppo do that before!
  • Options
    Another one who played for a rival, but who I had a soft spot for, as something always happened when he played us was... Alex Rae.
  • Options

Another one who played for a rival, but who I had a soft spot for, as something always happened when he played us was... Alex Rae.

Rae was a very decent player, but you need mental help if you have a soft spot for one of Scumwall's club legends.
  • Options
    Rae is probably number 1 on my dislike list.
  • Options
    Agree with Ormiston. Alex Rae was a millwall tosser a far as Im concerned. Pretty sure I remember him acting like a right arsehole at the Valley in about 94/95.

As somebody else says, Leighton Baines is one I have a lot of time for. Great player to watch, great workrate in a good team who I have a lot of respect for, and seems like a sound bloke. If it werent for that twat Cole being so consistent for years, Baines wouldve been a fixture for England. If he d been playing for a top 4 side I think he d have had much more of a look in too.

I did always like big Les in the 90s as well.
  • Options
    Modern day, Leighton Baines and Joe Hart, not sure why, just enjoy watching them play...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Always liked Mark Ward and John Hollins.
    (Although all CAFC, think a great (defensive) midfield would be Keith Jones, Kish & Pritchard together.)
  • Options
    Andrea Pirlo just because his brain seems to operate at a different pace to everyone else. Phillips is a good shout too. Rui Costa was a great example of how to link up a midfield. John Robertson for being the last of the tubby unkempt wingers who could wander past any defender.
  • Options

Rae was a very decent player, but you need mental help if you have a soft spot for one of Scumwall's club legends.
    A soft spot because he always performed, and raised his game against us, I'm sure he was friends with many people at Charlton at the time as well, a shame we never signed him (when you consider the number of former Palace players who played for us)
  • Options
    Always liked Pat Jennings and Steve Perryman. Of a more recent vintage, Niall Quinn and, Les Ferdinand. Current players Kevin Phillips and Brad Friedel
  • Options
    George Curtis [ anyone remember ]? Bobby Moore, Kevin Phillips and Tony Currie.
  • Options
    far far too many to pick out one or two .. I'll restrict myself to CURRENT champ players:
    Koren .. Hull
    Austin .. Burnley
    Wood .. Leicester
    Morgan .. Leicester
    Dawson .. Barnsley
    These are 5 players I'd love to see at the vallley. AND as for G Curtis @masicat .. Kent born ex miner, tougher than tough, hard as teak .. Once dived head first, full tilt into a goalpost in a game v Coventry @ the valley .. the post would still be shaking if it had been left in the ground .. G C got up, shook his head and trotted back to his defensive position .. Tough? Hard ? ... toss up between him & Frank Haydock
  • Options
    Bergkamp, montella and both ronaldos!
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Ledley King, Leighton Baines, Stevie Gerrard.
  • Options
    Cantona was brilliant, so entertaining. Loved that the 'trawlers' quote was deliberately a load of nonsense and he gave that as his only comment in the post-Palace press conference then walked out.

Liked Jimmy Bullard too, good for a laugh.
  • Options
    Always like Phillips since the playoff game. A born goal scorer, and from what I see and hear a model pro.

Going back a few years, Pearce and Des Walker seemed to be honest 100% players. In the lower league and non league levels, Steve Butler of Maidstone was a fantastic player too.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Has there ever been a greater ambassador for the game than Beckham?

I loved Charlie George back in the day.

Currently playing Messi who I think is the greatest footballer ever.
  • Options
    Greenie said:

Has there ever been a greater over hyped, over rated, over paid player than Beckham?

Fixed

• Options
    Batistuta and Seedorf.

• Options
    Asprilla
  • Options
    good old scotty parker, I know he is an ex charlton player, but as hes at spurs so now hes non charlton :P
  • Options
    Redhenry said:

Asprilla

Yeah, he'd be on my list. Very exciting player to watch.
  • Options
    Beckham. Le Tissier and Steve Bull. always felt England would have edged past Germany in Italia 90 if Bull had been given more game time.
  • Options
    Frank Worthington
    David Beckham
  • Options
    Scholes for sure, love the man. I'm disappointed whenever I watch a Man Utd game and he isn't on the field.
    Beckham coz I think everyone hates on him far more than he should and he was probably the biggest name in England football when I grew up
    Henry. Unstoppable and i was infinitely jealous of my Arsenal supporting friend for having him.

Can't say Ronaldo or Messi are even near to those 3 for me.
  • Options
    Gianfranco Zola
    Luis Suarez
    Ryan Giggs
    John Terry
    Frank Lampard