Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Palace boycott?

Comments

• Options
    If there's beer served, I hope that 2,599 of you boycott it, because then there will be no queue for me.
  • Options

If there's beer served, I hope that 2,599 of you boycott it, because then there will be no queue for me.

im sure one year they were selling the stumpy fosters bottles (that were warm at that) for about £3.50 and you still couldnt get to the bar!
  • Options
    I have made a point about the price by not going, however as we seem to have sold out my stance was completely useless.

Incidentally I didn't chose not to go just on principle, I simply can't justify £32 plus the petrol to watch one game of football. With a season ticket at £475 it equates to just over £20 a match and I have a great view on the half way line. To pay £32 for a poor view is just too much. I can take my wife and son to the Cinema for the same price as a ticket to watch that.

With a sell out I suspect they might be ok but I'm sure that sooner or later the clubs are going to find it difficult to sell tickets at this price.
  • Options
    Each to their own. No one should being telling anyone what they can or cannot purchase. It's their money, their choice.
  • Options

I have made a point about the price by not going, however as we seem to have sold out my stance was completely useless.

I disagree. In this instance it will go unnoticed but you've made a point and when they raise it again next season there will be more boycotting. I didn't go to Ipswich due to the ticket prices. Funny enough the three times I've been there (98, 01 & 08) we've always lost and the times I haven't gone we've won/drawn!
    shirty5 said:

Each to their own. No one should being telling anyone what they can or cannot purchase. It's their money, their choice.

Spot on but I thought that was made quite clear in the first post?

• Options
    You got to eat and drink BUT I will not be buying a programme that's for sure
  • Options

If it was up to me I would want all Charlton fans avoid the match altogether. £32 is just outrageous inho.

Yep. I agree here.

What we should do next season (if they're still charging £32 a ticket) is refuse to attend and get the club organising a beamback at the Valley. If logistically possible, of course.
  • Options
    32 quid aint that bad for agame against them though is it, lets be fair football is over priced we all know it but we all still go

i thought last season that 25 quid in the 3rd division was too much and thats at our ground

32 quid local derby great passion and banter a day on the ale with the boys lets be honest we never get any trouble from the 12 yr old Ultras giving it large behind ob

its a good day out good atmosphere with your mates at 32 quid

wouldnt buy anything in that shit hole any way

i only normally go to piss through the fence at that the stripey feckas queing up for their own ale and food

shame we cant do that this season but hey ho
  • Options

Me too - but will not buy anything else except half time bevvy
  • Options
    Looks like this boycott is really taking off lads...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    People seem aggrieved at paying £32 quid for a ticket, and propose not purchasing anything further from within the ground. Good call.
    Others think it is good value for money, therefore wish to give CPFC further revenue.
    If you fall into the second category, but don't think it is good value, then go along with option one, and show a bit of unity, rather than fucking pathetic comments about being easier to be served, not everyone will do it bollocks.
  • Options
    There has been a boycott of sorts.

With us selling out so early it is entriely possible we'd have sold another 1000 or 1500 tickets if they hadn't been so scared stupid about us being anywhere near them.
  • Options
    Never buy an away programme these days ( SO many up in the loft already!) , NEVER buy food at a ground ( inc The Valley) and ONLY buy a drink if white wine is sold on the concourse.

So zero outlay for me at Selhurst.
  • Options
    Might be a vodka in coke bottle job just to stick with boycott and not have to stop drinking for 2 hours.
  • Options
    1. Many people wont boycott a game and would want to buy a programme to complete a set.
    2. We are consumers and can readily deny Palace extra income by buying stuff elsewhere- it is after a sideshow to a supermarket.
    3. If you haven't got time for this surely the average person can go 2 hours without food/drink without any discomfort.
    3. If clubs can take the p*** without any financial consequences they will continue to take the p***.
    4. Clearly it's up to everyone to make their own choice and I would not set up a picket line by the foodstall. To me though it is a no-brainer
    5. I hope we make a better job of it than AFCW did at MKD where apparently they spent £20k on food and drink
  • Options
    One of those rascals from the RD should let off a stink bomb in the palace club shop, that should stop sales for a while.
  • Options
    Would they notice the difference in there?
  • Options
    Plaaayer said:

Would they notice the difference in there?

fair point. I'm sure they could think up another cunning plot.
  • Options
    Didn't someone pull a dirty protest at Millwall? I'd be up for a repeat at Selhurst. Could become the red division trademark.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    While I agree that the prices are ridiculous, Ipswich charged £34 so Palace are hardly alone in this. Part of the problem, is that by seating away fans in a side stand, they are able to charge the higher prices for sitting along the aside.

The layout of the Valley isn't ideal for this, but if we were to stick away fans in the Upper West, we would be able to charge higher prices as well.
  • Options

While I agree that the prices are ridiculous, Ipswich charged £34 so Palace are hardly alone in this. Part of the problem, is that by seating away fans in a side stand, they are able to charge the higher prices for sitting along the aside.

The layout of the Valley isn't ideal for this, but if we were to stick away fans in the Upper West, we would be able to charge higher prices as well.

Intersting idea but I don't think enough championship teams travel in enough numbers for us to really cash in? Also we would be surrendering our best seats.
  • Options
    I'm confused here. Are you a Millwall fan or not Grouchy Ronny?
  • Options

Im also confused. Who are you? And why are you asking?
  • Options

Ronny has been going to Charlton since he was 5 - never misses a game.
  • Options

My name's Leroy - I'm a Charlton fan, and I'm only asking because this is our forum, like. The word 'Charlton' in the title should have given that away, no?
  • Options

Intersting idea but I don't think enough championship teams travel in enough numbers for us to really cash in? Also we would be surrendering our best seats.
    Well, the Upper West at the South end is virtually completely empty anyway, but would mean the away fans would have to enter via the West Stand car park, rather than their own dedicated entrance.

But is this a big deal anyway? Most grounds don't have a separate area for away fans to be funnelled through, most of the newer away grounds I've been to recently, everyone is free to walk right around the stadium until you find your entrance, then all leave at the same time.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    It's cos we're nawty
  • Options

Well, the Upper West at the South end is virtually completely empty anyway, but would mean the away fans would have to enter via the West Stand car park, rather than their own dedicated entrance.

But is this a big deal anyway? Most grounds don't have a separate area for away fans to be funnelled through, most of the newer away grounds I've been to recently, everyone is free to walk right around the stadium until you find your entrance, then all leave at the same time.
    The only thing is the club would have to allocate quite a few thousand seats so couldn't sell any season tickets for half of the west i imagine. I think its good that we give our cr*ppest away stand to our visitors!
  • Options
    BOYCOTT ITS 1985 ALL OVER AGAIN!!!!