Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Palace boycott?

124»

Comments

• Options
    It was £7.50 to watch Barcelona v Malaga last night at the Nou Camp. For that money you get to see Messi, Iniesta and Xavi play live. Crystal Palace are charging £32 for entry to the worst ground in the Football League. You do get to see Glenn Murray though.
  • Options
    edited January 2013

BOYCOTT ITS 1985 ALL OVER AGAIN!!!!

That's the spirit!

All of those who wouldn't have bought anything anyway are also part of the boycott by default. Thanks for your support.
  • Options

While I agree that the prices are ridiculous, Ipswich charged £34 so Palace are hardly alone in this. Part of the problem, is that by seating away fans in a side stand, they are able to charge the higher prices for sitting along the aside.

The layout of the Valley isn't ideal for this, but if we were to stick away fans in the Upper West, we would be able to charge higher prices as well.

Intersting idea but I don't think enough championship teams travel in enough numbers for us to really cash in? Also we would be surrendering our best seats.
    Well, the Upper West at the South end is virtually completely empty anyway, but would mean the away fans would have to enter via the West Stand car park, rather than their own dedicated entrance.

But is this a big deal anyway? Most grounds don't have a separate area for away fans to be funnelled through, most of the newer away grounds I've been to recently, everyone is free to walk right around the stadium until you find your entrance, then all leave at the same time.
    The only thing is the club would have to allocate quite a few thousand seats so couldn't sell any season tickets for half of the west i imagine. I think its good that we give our cr*ppest away stand to our visitors!
    The Jimmy Seed is also the stand with the best accoustics!
  • Options
    Bump

I never buy anything in football grounds anyway so won't be a problem for myself
  • Options
    I won't be buying anything in the ground...... probably cause i won't be at the ground :-(
  • Options
    Unfortunately - due to the catering change at CAFC meaning they don't have proper balti pies anymore I have to get my fix at away grounds. After a few pre game beers I can't promise I wont be tempted into purchasing one if Palace have a good balti pie...
  • Options
    Kent_red said:

Unfortunately - due to the catering change at CAFC meaning they don't have proper balti pies anymore I have to get my fix at away grounds. After a few pre game beers I can't promise I wont be tempted into purchasing one if Palace have a good balti pie...

How will you know it's good before you try it ? RESIST !!