Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Yann the man

At what point does Yann officially become a Charlton legend? Incidentally in my eyes he is already.

Comments

• Options
    already is. TBH this team are up there with the 98 and 00 team for me.
  • Options
    when he scores the winner at Sellout in 2 weeks time.........
  • Options

Agree 100%
  • Options
    I'll own up and say I questioned his Championship ability a few weeks back. I think he's getting his fitness and mojo back and starting to impress again. There was never any question over him being a warrior. Certainly a Charlton legend in the making.
  • Options

maybe for committment & endeavour, but certainly not for quality. First we don't have a Mendonca or a Hunt - we then don't have a Kinsella and the 99/00 team had Stuart as well.
  • Options
    To all you Yann doubters and anyone who dare stands in his way:

• Options
    But Paul Hayes is better lol
  • Options
    He was on the back of last season alone. The biggest cult hero we've had in about a decade.
  • Options
    How many goals is that now? Not bad for a target man whose missed 2 months injured

Imagine the love in if he scores in 2 weeks ;-)

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Fan favourite, yes. Legend, not yet. I'm a big fan but that title is handed out far too easily these days.
  • Options
    cafctom said:

He was on the back of last season alone. The biggest cult hero we've had in about a decade.

I'd be interested to hear (in your opinion tom) who the last "cult hero" we had at Charlton was? Costa perhaps?
  • Options

How many goals is that now? Not bad for a target man whose missed 2 months injured

Oh my god. If that happens my life would be complete!
  • Options

cafctom said:

I'd be interested to hear (in your opinion tom) who the last "cult hero" we had at Charlton was? Costa perhaps?
    Brown, Rufus, Robinson and to a lesser extent Kinsella & Mendonca.
  • Options

cafctom said:

Brown, Rufus, Robinson and to a lesser extent Kinsella & Mendonca.
    Yep. Have to agree with you there Hastings.
  • Options
    How can anyone not love the kerminator
  • Options

Oh my god. If that happens my life would be complete!
    Followed by a hatrik against the Spanners!
  • Options
    This is where Chrissy earns his money. I think we suffered a bit when he brought Yann back into the side because he was not fully up to speed -understandably. But he needed games to get up to speed. I'd have held off for a bit longer, but Chrissy sees the bigger picture.
  • Options
    I could never understand the doubters that surfaced earlier in the season. He'd scored 3 goals in a few games before injury ( plus a wrongly disallowed effort against Hull).

He's in a different league to our other forwards IMO
  • Options
    I have so much Man-Love (or should that be Yann-Love) for the Beast of Breton.

He's not a genuine club legend yet, but he's definitely on of those players you'll always remember with a smile on your face.

Has he got a song yet?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I don't think many people were doubting - just observing the performances. We must all know what he is capable of.
  • Options
    It's such a welcome change from the past few years to have a player running, chasing and bleeding for the shirt. Always 100% commitment and would love him to get the winner in a couple of weeks.
  • Options
    Powells best buy by a country mile.
  • Options

He's not a genuine club legend yet, but he's definitely on of those players you'll always remember with a smile on your face.

Has he got a song yet?

I'm working on it.

• Options
    Fuller is fit and stays on the bench. Says it all IMO for Yann.
  • Options
    eug72 said:

Powells best buy by a country mile.

yep
    best signing. did we pay anything for him? i thought he was free?
  • Options
    i think im in love, and love lasts forever.
  • Options

Has he got a song yet?

A little like Kishishev perhaps?
  • Options
    in terms of 'potential legend status', pritchard pushes him close for me, but agreed

of course, solly might not leave - and then he'd be ahead of both
  • Options
    Unplayable at times and one of my favorite Charlton players of all time