Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Yann the man

Comments

• Options

I have so much Man-Love (or should that be Yann-Love) for the Beast of Breton.

He's not a genuine club legend yet, but he's definitely on of those players you'll always remember with a smile on your face.

Has he got a song yet?

A little like Kishishev perhaps?
    I don't think so, because some people thought Kishishev wasn't very good, whereas there is not doubting Yann's ability
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    For me, this is the moment he got legend status.
  • Options
    He's probably feeling more appreciated at this club than most other places he's been before. I have a feeling that when he retires he will be one of those who we will all remember as a "Charlton man".

He will be asked back to do the Valley Gold draw and will have a few usernames dedicated to him on Charlton Life = Legend.
  • Options
    Them shadows are mental in that picture - particularly the ball which seems to have a hole in it!
  • Options
    edited January 2013

I have so much Man-Love (or should that be Yann-Love) for the Beast of Breton.

He's not a genuine club legend yet, but he's definitely on of those players you'll always remember with a smile on your face.

Has he got a song yet?

A little like Kishishev perhaps?
    I don't think so, because some people thought Kishishev wasn't very good, whereas there is not doubting Yann's ability
    "Cult Status" players are not necessarily the ones who are the best performers in the team (or the most technically gifted). They are the ones you remember fondly long after they're gone. Players who always gave 110% and bled for the shirt. For example I would consider Leaburn to be a "Cult hero" even though he wasn't exactly the most prolific goalscorer we've ever had!

That said Yann is a class act.
  • Options
    Legend - End Of

• Options
    Off_it said:

Them shadows are mental in that picture - particularly the ball which seems to have a hole in it!

Yeah if you were just shown the shadows you'd say Yann was doing the hurdles and the Pools defender was actually a small girl playing.

Still don't think he meant that goal though.

• Options
    We arene't going to start that one up again are we - of course he meant it because he said he did - good enough for me.
  • Options
    Our last player to hold a "cult hero" status would be our current manager IMO.
  • Options
    sorry to ruin your love-in, but a think legend status is going a bit far - unless you equate it with someone like Leaburn..............

yes, Kermy fights for the cause and usually puts a shift in, even if it means he gets hurt in the process. However, for me. he doesn't shoot enough, he doesn't go forward enough with the ball & you'll find that 90% of his first touches are lay-offs....I admit most are quality lay-offs , but I would like to see more selfishness when he has the ball.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sell him, he's already getting shorter before he goes to bed.
  • Options
    Can we have a shadows conspiracy thread?
  • Options
    cafcpolo said:

Our last player to hold a "cult hero" status would be our current manager IMO.

Oh I dunno, plenty of our relegation teams have got "cult" status in my eyes.
  • Options
    Sorry, type-o.
  • Options
    No the love-in shall continue. Anyway who gives a toss what bracket of brilliance he is in. The sort of debate that leads to people drawing out his weaknesses! Really not the time to be doing that!
  • Options
    LOL, you can always really on Golfie, as soon as he even smells chips he's unbuttoning his flies.
  • Options
    The quality of my sex life depends on how Yann plays...does that sound a little homoerotic?
  • Options
    Funny how the Kermit tag has been replaced with Yann. Bring back Kermit?
  • Options
    Jayajosh said:

Bring back Kermit?

No.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Lol.
  • Options
    Hard working, 100% comitted, intelligent and skillful.

However, legend? You're having a laugh.
  • Options

sorry to ruin your love-in, but a think legend status is going a bit far - unless you equate it with someone like Leaburn..............

yes, Kermy fights for the cause and usually puts a shift in, even if it means he gets hurt in the process. However, for me. he doesn't shoot enough, he doesn't go forward enough with the ball & you'll find that 90% of his first touches are lay-offs....I admit most are quality lay-offs , but I would like to see more selfishness when he has the ball.

Just like Leaburn then.
  • Options
    I think he'll end up being a legend. It depends, I suppose where you set the bar. Lets have a think of who we think our legends are and we can decide whether he fits in with those -from me - Sam Bartram, Don Welsh, Johnny Summers, Keith Peacock, Derek Hales, Colin Powell, Mike Flanagan, Steve Gritt, Peter Shirtliff, Rob Lee, Mark Kinsella, John Robinson, Richard Rufus, Chris Powell, SuperClive, Dean Kiely, Claus Jensen, Darren Bent.

I think we can find room for him in that lot.
  • Options
    Last week he was awesome. A couple of times he held centre backs off with sheer strength. He closed down. He won tackles. When he's in that mood he's fabulous to watch,

I sit next to someone who knows him pretty well and he tells me he is very settled and LOVES it at Charlton.
  • Options
    I said when I saw him over the Christmas games that he looked 1 or 2 kilos overweight which made him look slow and cumbersome. There was a marked difference at Watford and again against Blackpool. He's now reached full fitness again and we are seeing Yann at his best. He will benefit from the loose ends created by Waggy's running and panicking defenders into making mistakes.
  • Options
    One of the best we've had in a long time. My favourite player by a long way.
  • Options
    I'm with Golfie & Clem. Kerm is a very good committed player & I'm pleased he's with us .
    But legend, leave off.
    If he never played for Charlton again, in 20 years time, he wouldn't be remembered like Mendonca, Kinsella, Hales.
    Some of you guys need to calm down :-)
  • Options
    edited January 2013

c
  • Options
    Too early to call him a legend yet but he was an outstanding part of the only Charlton team to achieve 100 points in a season.

He, along with the others, will be remembered for that if nothing else.