Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Full Members Cup Final 1987

13»

Comments

• Options
    Riviera said:

Amazing how many say they were there considering it was 26 years ago and the average age of this site.

and what is the average age of this site?
  • Options
    I remeber leaving Woolwich Dockyard tinnied up - 4 pints at a time in The Griffin and the a few cans of Spcial Brew (never drank it before or since!) on the tube to Wembley. Suffice to say, I don't remember much of the game, but do remember waking up in one of those empty blocks and seeing Blackburn running around with the cup. I ended the day in The Rosemary Branch in New Cross.
  • Options
    looking at the typos in my previous post, I think I may have been on the Special Brews again. Either that or my fat fingers are missing the keys. Apologies all for poor spelling.
  • Options
    I had been DJ'ing till bout 5am, bladdered, and then off to Wembley. I seem to remember a silly kick off time too making the lack of sleep/hangover even more painful. We had the Tunnel end.........
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    I dug out my bag of old shirts etc. and found my Full Members Cup Final scarf. see below!
  • Options
    Full Members Cup Final scarf.
  • Options

Full Members Cup Final scarf.

Bloody hell, I remember that scarf!
  • Options
    Loved that grey kit.

Like a lot of others, this was one of my first games and, being eight, I have no memories at all other than being in Match magazine a week later in a photo of the game and my Dad buying about 10 copies. Saddo.
  • Options
    My slightly different version of the Wembley scarf
  • Options

Riviera said:

Amazing how many say they were there considering it was 26 years ago and the average age of this site.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2013
    Riviera said:

Riviera said:

Really? Not according to the fairly recent CL Survey;

The biggest surprise of the survey was how weighted the response was towards the older generation. The most popular category was 50-64 (27%), while a further 6% were over 65. Effectively, a third of the members of Charlton Life are 50+, which I would assume is against the norm for most football forums, and likely to see us approaching Stannah Stairlifts and Werther’s Originals with advertising proposals. After that, the next most popular category is 41-49 (22%), the 33-40 (16%), 18-24 (13%), 25-32 (12%) and just 4% were under the age of eighteen.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

Riviera said:

Riviera said:

Really? Not according to the fairly recent CL Survey;

The biggest surprise of the survey was how weighted the response was towards the older generation. The most popular category was 50-64 (27%), while a further 6% were over 65. Effectively, a third of the members of Charlton Life are 50+, which I would assume is against the norm for most football forums, and likely to see us approaching Stannah Stairlifts and Werther’s Originals with advertising proposals. After that, the next most popular category is 41-49 (22%), the 33-40 (16%), 18-24 (13%), 25-32 (12%) and just 4% were under the age of eighteen.
    Whoooosh!
  • Options
    Just trying to enlighten you, but then again you seem to know everything.
  • Options
    26 years later and this is the first time I've seen the footage, nice one for posting. All I remember is the journey, our seats, Hendry's goal and me asking March51 "did that count, Dad?" as I always did back then.

Also, walking back down Wembley Way and someone shouting across "enjoy your Mickey Mouse trophy!" to the Blackburn fans on the other side of the road. That's when I learnt to denigrate anything that we didn't win.
  • Options
    Not everything young man, most things, but not everything.