Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Dale Stephens

What do people thing of him after his recent run of form and 'that' goal on saturday. Can he play in the premier league? at what price would you sell him if you was in charge?

Comments

• Options
    perhaps. 2 million.
  • Options
    Think he's a decent player, but nothing special, definitely our second best CM after Pritchard. Just because he's scored a few screamers isn't enough for me, lacks vision a lot of the time, in my opinion. Would take anything over 1 million.
  • Options
    I'd say he has vision, but sometimes the players around him don't see the opportunities that he sees. Think he is a very good player is used properly. Sometimes hit or miss in our set-up but I'd have him in the side on a regular basis. The only player on our team who can score from distance consistently if given the chances.
  • Options
    got a feeeling if Villa qualify for league cup they will come back in for him as Lambert job will be safe ...and they will give him the funds to secure prem place...so if they do come knocking ask for £4m or straight swap for Bent.--
  • Options
    The man is a game changer.
  • Options
    12.5M
  • Options
    He's not tight enough, doesn't appear to want to get the absolute crucial thing for a midfielder of getting next to his partner or yelling at someone to drop in next to him, not energetic/aggressive in pushing the match, and loves to run inbetween spaces rather than reading the match. For all that I really like watching him play, a nicely balanced midfielder, who always is looking to receive a pass, and can make a bit more time on the ball for himself.

For me just not good enough in modern football to be in a cm 2. In a midfield three yes. But who knows intelligent players adapt, and he may look to stay central and break through play rather than run off hoping for the ball.
  • Options
    Couple of million, as long as we have the time to invest it.
  • Options
    ok so after that colin we will take 11.5m
  • Options
    Good player. Not Premier League Quality IMO. Think he would be in for a tough time in the premier league..Would soon be loaned out..Do you think he is up there with the likes of Parker,Shelvey,?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not a Shelvey or Parker but could make the grade in the prem with better coaching and/or players around him

There are moments of brilliance but too many loose passes. Not convinced he is fit enough either and pace could be better
  • Options
    He is ok but not great. Similar to Zaha I guess so £12M should do it.
  • Options
    plus loaned back
  • Options
    The next Steven Gerrard...
  • Options
    I think he could probably step in to a lower table Prem side now.

There are a fair few players knocking around that don't always scream PL quality that still get a game for Norwich, Reading, Villa, Southampton, Wigan, etc.

£2m+ will certainly tempt the board, rightly or wrongly.
  • Options
    A poor mans Michael Carrick
  • Options
    Not consistant enough for me and has lacks of concentration at times which has cost us goals
  • Options
    ok down to 8.5m
  • Options
    Our best creative player by a mile. Dont sell him for anything, will be way too much to fill.
  • Options
    Watch him when he does not have the ball. Does not make himself available. When we do not have possession does not track back. Always gets the wrong side of players when challenging for the ball. Been outstanding in 2013 however, but is he playing for a move?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    SuperYann said:

Our best creative player by a mile. Dont sell him for anything, will be way too much to fill.

This. He will get better and better. Cannot sell him especially when there is nobody else in the squad with his qualities.

• Options
    I think he is growing into this position and has the potential to go to the very top. His tackling is more agrresive than last year and there is no doubting his vision of a telling pass. Gives away too many in our third, but will drop this from his game. One has to accept the 'telling ball' does not always come off and sticks out like a sore thumb.

I would value him in the £2 - £3 mil range and think (as a guide) he is better than (say) Song was.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Poor man's Carrick is a good description. That said, I don't think selling him in this window is a good idea unless someone pays 5m+. Finding someone to improve our team after losing Stephens just isn't worth it, especially in January when prices are inflated.
  • Options

Poor man's Carrick is a good description. That said, I don't think selling him in this window is a good idea unless someone pays 5m+. Finding someone to improve our team after losing Stephens just isn't worth it, especially in January when prices are inflated.

He's a good young classy footballer who will improve. He would be difficult to replace. Selling our best players has never been a good idea. Were we a better team after selling Parker, Shelvy,Bent, and going back to the dark age, Mike Bailey or Billy Bonds.
  • Options
    Keep him he is a good player who is getting better as time goes on i dont know why people have a issue with him? We just need a left and right winger to make are midfiled much better
  • Options
    Agree he's more suited to a 3 man central midfield, and that he's much more of a Michael Carrick than Steven Gerrard.

Said I wouldn't be surprised if he pushed on this season. Not really done it yet but he's had some good games.

I think he'll get better and more consistent in time, he's only 23. Needs the right type of players around him, not one of those that can impress in any team. Not sure how far he'll go but I think he's capable of playing alongside better players.
  • Options
    Isn't he out of contract at the end of next season?

Not sure he will want to extend it so might as well cash in now instead of waiting until the final year of his contract when he will probably go for less money
  • Options
    Poor mans judge
  • Options
    Joke By the way
  • Options
    He would be a better player if colleagues got closer. Still young. Needs to move a yard when receiving ball to increase his options.