Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Dale Stephens

124»

Comments

• Options
    Be lucky to get 25p after a few recent performances.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    up there with the worst ever shows today
  • Options
    edited February 2013

If only Dale had some of the attributes afforded to our other midfielders like, the pace of JJ, the tackling ability of Green, the bravery and skill of Waggy, the passing vision of Wilson, the strength and aerial ability of Pritch, the guile of Kerker, the movement and artistry of Cook. He may then become worth as much as they are individually in the transfer market. Then again he is probably worth more than all of them put together. Strange that isn't it? Especially for a player some fans don't seem to think is any good.

Because he isn't, and it's as simple as that. Couldn't pass a baton today (again).
  • Options
    Been poor last few games it may sound cynical but his best games this season were in January...
  • Options
    I hate to slag players, but how anyone could talk of class,vision,Premiership about a player who couldn't even complete a three-yard pass today is beyond me.

He was taken off at half-time which says it all.
  • Options
    Personally think he's been pretty shit all season. Just shows how much competition we lack for his position that he manages to play virtually every week.

The frustrating thing is, There's a player in there somewhere and he shows the odd glimpse to almost tease us and you all know damn well that he'll end up going to another club and being a really decent player.

Needs to be dropped and earn is place back ........................
  • Options
    god awful first half dont think he knew we play in red at home.
  • Options

IMO the best C/M we have had for quite some time and the best C/M in the championship. At just 23 he has a great engine, never far from the ball in either defence or attack. He is very creative with two good feet, he is strong in a tackle and is not a bottler. In a team with more movement off the ball I believe he would really show his class. If Tom Cleverley who is a similar age can play for Man U and England then surely there must be a PL team for Dale. I don't think 5M would be unreasonable.

How long have you been Dale's agent?
  • Options

I think Stephens and Pritch work well together

They are like a poor mans version of Parker and Jensen.

I was thinking more like Laurel and Hardy.

Seriously though, this (any) team needs creativity. Charlton supporters seem to put work-rate above anything.
    Players like Stephens and dare I say it Green although lacking in quality offer that extra bit of creativity.

If we are going to put up with these performances/results at home, I rather be entertained occasionally rather than watching a team of journeymen.
  • Options
    5 million are u f++kin mad ?? 5 bob and a curly wurly and id take it----"player in there somewhere" my arse could shit a better one.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He has failed to make the step up on a consistent basis. That makes him as about the same as 90 per cent of the team. If he went to villa he would probably already on loan in the championship or possibly to league 1. Lots of people see premier league potential and that's why he is regularly debated but in my opinion I saw more premier league potential in Jonjo Shelvey at the age of 17 in the appearances he made than I ever have in Dale Stephens at the age of 23. I'm not saying he won't improve but we are the right club for him and he would struggle to get in a higher championship team let alone a premier league team.
  • Options

Sorry but you just cannot put the words Stephens and Pritch Inspection in the same thread as Jensen and Parker .

Completely different planets.
  • Options

He has failed to make the step up on a consistent basis. That makes him as about the same as 90 per cent of the team. If he went to villa he would probably already on loan in the championship or possibly to league 1. Lots of people see premier league potential and that's why he is regularly debated but in my opinion I saw more premier league potential in Jonjo Shelvey at the age of 17 in the appearances he made than I ever have in Dale Stephens at the age of 23. I'm not saying he won't improve but we are the right club for him and he would struggle to get in a higher championship team let alone a premier league team.

NO!! He is the right player for Millwall. They took Racon, so hopefully it is not beyond the realms of possibility?
  • Options
    I am usually a fan & do believe that many on here, and in the crowd, have a pop without appreciating the positives he brings to the side.

Today however, he had a truly appalling 45 minutes. Too slow, caught in possession & gave almost every ball away. That said, as far as I am concerned, Haynes was our MOM for the time he was on. The only player who showed any drive/effort to play & compete.

Forest are a decent, footballing side but we had nothing at all today. Uninspiring & insipid.
  • Options

If only Dale had some of the attributes afforded to our other midfielders like, the pace of JJ, the tackling ability of Green, the bravery and skill of Waggy, the passing vision of Wilson, the strength and aerial ability of Pritch, the guile of Kerker, the movement and artistry of Cook. He may then become worth as much as they are individually in the transfer market. Then again he is probably worth more than all of them put together. Strange that isn't it? Especially for a player some fans don't seem to think is any good.

Because he isn't, and it's as simple as that. Couldn't pass a baton today (again).
    Perhaps you should stick with your athletics. Whilst he had a very poor first half he may have picked that baton up in the second. Didn't someone say football is a game of two halves?
  • Options
    On that basis, nobody would ever be subbed for playing badly would they.
  • Options
    You can't defend the indefensible.

Stephens was utterly shit today.

The only time I recall him passing to a team mate was a couple of back passes.
  • Options
    I wasn't overly impressed with Stephens last season, and haven't been impressed with him this season either, he'll make the occasional brilliant pass, but the rest of the time will dither on the ball, turn to face his own goal and lose it.

The way people talk about him, you'd have though he was Charlton's answer to Pirlo, pinging the ball around with defence splitting passes, creating all our goals. He has 4 assists for the season, Pritchard has 8. Kerkar has 3!

http://www.statbunker.com/football/btb/index.php?PL=team&TeamID=7&statType=assist&CompID=420

• Options
    The difference between him and Reid is astounding. Reid bosses that game.
  • Options
    If hes ever going to get a move away , he will have to show up better than that,getting paid for yesterdays game is getting money under false pretences.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Kerkar has 6 assists I think.
  • Options
    I remember watching him in the home game against Derby and i have never seen such a disintrested player in all my life.Was really pleased when we signed him but big disapointment
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Now let's be fair to Stephens, he wasn't much worse than usual.
    Perhaps, he's colourblind ?
    He always passes to the opposition more than our players, he was just more consistent yesterday.
    Was it 100% success rate of passing to the opposition ?
    I wonder if he's ever going to run around and tackle ?
    I do remember him doing it once this season, about a month ago.
    Anyway, the potential is there, so let's just keep on playing him.
    I reckon that boy Lisbie's potential will be fulfilled soon enough & Stephens not long after.
  • Options
    Did notice at one point the ball came into him from the right hand side and he was about to spray it across the pitch to the left onto Wiggins...

BUT the ball bobbled on the pitch just before he made contact and the pass ended up looping to their full back.
  • Options
    I've always thought he is shit!!
  • Options
    Every player has a night mare now and then. Unfortunately it was his turn yesterday. But who would you say had a decent game apart from Wiggins and Danny Haynes when he came on? Chris did well to take him off to save further embarrasment, but I can think of a few others who could have gone off also. Few idiots in the crowd cheered for a decent pass, barracking doesn't help anyone if you genuinely support your team!
  • Options
    he seemed to really up his game leading up to the transfer window but has dipped again with saturday an all time low - i may be being cynical of course. i don't think he has the engine to be a top draw player
  • Options
    I thought Stephens had a very good game against Leicester to be fair to him , he looked knackered yesterday , and couldn't pass wind.
  • Options

I've always thought he is shit!!

lol