Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Anthony Wordswoth

Strong rumours in the media he is on his way to us

Comments

• Options
    Sauce?
  • Options
    He's going to have more threads than Green and Waggy at this rate
  • Options

Sauce?

Heinz Tomato

• Options
    Believe it when it happens
  • Options
    Rumours on the supposed Wordsworth transfer have been doing the rounds since May when we were apparently meant to make a 250k bid for him.
  • Options
    www.colchester.vitalfootball.co.uk
  • Options
    If we wanted him we would have signed him before now
  • Options
    Happy if we get him but can I be the first to say....Alan Judge is better ;-)
  • Options
    Maybe we've made the same offer for Wordsworth that we made for judge but Colchester have accepted
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Maybe colchester said we will have that
  • Options
    Well played benty there nearly worked
  • Options
    I won't believe it unless its confirmed on Charlton Life.
  • Options
    I thought he was off to Ipswich last week?
  • Options
    Doubt BWP or Green would want to go to Colchester!
  • Options
    Rob62 said:

If we wanted him we would have signed him before now

Wuh?
  • Options
    This could all be a ploy from Colchester to get their bid upped from Ipswich by suggesting we are interested, can't see it happening , unless Solly , Hamer or Dale are sold.
  • Options

Doubt BWP or Green would want to go to Colchester!

What about Cook or Kerkar?

• Options
    Saw him once. Didn't impress me, wandering around the pitch as lonely as a cloud.
  • Options
    According to today's Mirror he has chosen us over Ipswich.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I live in Colchester so I have seen him play quite a bit. Will be interesting if he does come here, he has all the ability to go to the very top, and just needs to show it more consistently.

He is very much like a bigger and (slightly) quicker version of Johnnie Jackson - excellent range of passing, can tackle, excellent shot, and has an outstanding ability to get goals from midfield.

The problem for him has always been that he is not quite quick or nimble enough to play as a winger and when he plays in the centre, he does not always take control of the game as his talent says he should. This might not always have been his fault - he is still a young lad and Colchester have been a poor team all this year - but he will need to get his confidence back and then try and establish himself.

Playing in a better team ought to help him, but that is still to be seen - at this stage in his career, this is a big move for him to see which way his career will go.

As I say, if he does come here, will be a very interesting move.
  • Options
    StevieK said:

I live in Colchester so I have seen him play quite a bit. Will be interesting if he does come here .

Where? To Colchester?
  • Options
    Thanks for the insight StevieK. If Chrissy really wants him, as appears the case, then I hope we get him. Price should be reasonable by now.
  • Options
    May not be an out and out winger but from what I'm reading, it sounds like he could work with Wiggins (or Evina) overlapping, whilst providing cover for the middle if Stevens or Jackson get injured.
  • Options
    Richard Cawley ‏@RichCawleySLP

SLP sport understands that Anthony Wordsworth is not set for 200k move to #cafc. Does he ever get linked with any other team?

Probably just about to get a tweet from the club saying he has signed then ;)
  • Options
    Was this actually ever reported on Sky Sports News or was that just on Twitter people were saying that it was? Didn't watch any of it yesterday. Cheers.
  • Options
    Does he ever get linked with any other team?

Yes, Ipswich for one!!!
  • Options
    cfgs said:

Richard Cawley ‏@RichCawleySLP

SLP sport understands that Anthony Wordsworth is not set for 200k move to #cafc. Does he ever get linked with any other team?

Probably just about to get a tweet from the club saying he has signed then ;)

If RC is on the case then its deffo NOT happening.
  • Options
    Greenie Jnr admitted on the rumours thread that a mate of his had made it all up just to wind up a Col U mate of theirs - a Col U reporter then picked it up from twitter & thought he would run with it as he thought he had a "scoop" !!

• Options

Greenie Jnr admitted on the rumours thread that a mate of his had made it all up just to wind up a Col U mate of theirs - a Col U reporter then picked it up from twitter & thought he would run with it as he thought he had a "scoop" !!

I only deal in fact and truth not idle tittle tattle made up rumours....

So whens he coming? :-0