Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Parky's on his way to Wembley!!

Comments

• Options
    Not a Bradford player to be seen at 20 seconds of that video, they all disappeared!
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Well done Parky but Bradford can do one, unless they use this Cup run windfall to pay off all the people who lost out when they went in administration. TWICE.

Another cheating club attaining glory alongside Pompeys tainted Cup Finals and Southamptons rise to the Premier League.

Are Charlton squeaky clean? Did we pay off all our debts in the 80's, pay out to holders of shares a few years ago, treat local suppliers well over the years. Sadly all clubs will screw their creditors if they can and if they have to. Its not the Clubs that should be castigated but the regulators who allow them to get away with it. But the if it were not for them we may well be AFC Charlton.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Kap10 said:

But the if it were not for them we may well be AFC Charlton.

Or Crystal Charlarse.

• Options
    Oggy Red said:

MrOneLung said:

Well done Parky but Bradford can do one, unless they use this Cup run windfall to pay off all the people who lost out when they went in administration. TWICE.

Another cheating club attaining glory alongside Pompeys tainted Cup Finals and Southamptons rise to the Premier League.

Surely that has nothing to do with Parky and his team.

Why begrudge the man his moment of glory.....?
    I dont begrudge him, and I said well done Parky.
    Can probably forgive a team for going into administration once, but twice....
    Not much love for Pompey on other threads I have read for the same reason.

• Options
    Well done PP .. pity is that you didn't get there with us for the playoffs. Good luck against the Swans or (less likely) Chelsea
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    MrOneLung said:

Oggy Red said:

MrOneLung said:

Surely that has nothing to do with Parky and his team.

Why begrudge the man his moment of glory.....?
    I dont begrudge him, and I said well done Parky.
    Can probably forgive a team for going into administration once, but twice....
    Not much love for Pompey on other threads I have read for the same reason.

Fair enough, I misread that part of your post, MrOneLung.

But it's not the players or even the team that went into administration, it was the club some years ago.

The incredible run the team put together really did deserve the credit due to them.
  • Options
    Those celebrations in that youtube video are nearly one tenth as crazy as I remember our equalising goal at St Andrews in '87. That's still pretty wild. I can't wait for our cup run - only 4 more years to go.
  • Options

Just seen this- it passed me by that the second leg was tonight.

Delighted for Parky, massively jealous of all the Bradford fans. I just want Charlton to feature in one major cup final before I die - is that too much to ask?

I was there in 1947 so have been lucky enough to see Charlton win a Major Trophy! Showing my age a little now but still live by the saw. True charlton I am.....
  • Options
    Really glad for him. A nice guy, and would have taken us up in 09/10 had he had just a small amount of cash. We were 2 players off automatic promotion (a centre half and a striker), but had to make do with loans.

Remember him saying at a fans forum in October 2009 that he had agreed to sign Jason Puncheon, whom the club could afford, but there was talk at that point of new owners, which never materialised, and the new owners said 'hang on, we'll give you money for someone better'. He told them he didn't think you could get a better winger as a league 1 club, but couldn't exactly complete the deal anyway as if they did become his bosses, they wouldn't have been best pleased.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Bradford Swansea, who'd have thought, great performance by both sides. Especially Bradford, whatever happens in the final and I think they will be undone by the wide spaces of Wembley, they have been magnificent. As for Parkie, I would be surprised if he was not in the Championship next season. One thing he does need to do is keep his side on track in their league quest, which is the real holy grail for them this season.

Would love to get tickets for the final
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    My son lumped on Bradford at 11-2 to progress Tuesday, good odds ( in hindsight).
  • Options
    Good luck to Bradford City, the 56 and Phil Parkinson at Wembley. My money is on Swansea but would be really happy to lose it. Come on you Bantams.
  • Options
    Wanted Parky to win, then saw some Yorkshirefolk being interviewed....Come on u Swans...
  • Options
    Good luck parky. Top bloke hope Bradford win today
  • Options
    Where can I watch this online?
  • Options
    http://www.firstrow1.eu/watch/171057/2/watch-bradford-city-vs-swansea-city-fc.html

Not the greatest quality. If anyone finds a better one feel free to post.
  • Options
    Link 1 seems slightly better
  • Options
    Beginning to see why Parky usually wears a jumper; that tie is atrocious
  • Options
    Will be very difficult for them now. Anyone know why there were no anthems before the game ?
  • Options
    All this waving of little flags looks pathetic. YOU'VE JUST GONE TWO UP IN A CUP FINAL!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Wtf what a time for Bradford to suddenly go all charlton under parky
  • Options
    nolly said:

Wtf what a time for Bradford to suddenly go all charlton under parky

Are you there nolly?

• Options
    What a cup final ?? You mad
  • Options
    I bet you were there in 2004 nolly.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Parky now has jumper on . Game on
  • Options
    Never seen players argue over a pen like that
  • Options
    Go on the jacks
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Never seen players argue over a pen like that

You obviously didn't go to my primary school.
  • Options

Go on the jacks

Glory hunter.
  • Options
    One thing's for certain - the fellas selling flags have made a bundle today!