Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Which footballer do you regret not seeing play?

Regret never seeing George Best play - probably Britain's best in his heyday.

Comments

• Options
    yep ditto as my old man said the best there ever was
  • Options
    Duncan Edwards
  • Options
    Pele, Puskas and Stuart Leary, my old mans favourite player.
  • Options
    good shout as well sir john
  • Options
    Eddie Firmani
  • Options
    Cory Gibbs
  • Options
    The real Ronaldo.
  • Options
    Stanley Matthews
  • Options
    Omar Pouso - The Uruguayan Messi.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    On my late father's ratings I would also have to pick Duncan Edwards but as he's already been mentioned I'll go for Tommy Lawton 285 goals in 383 games.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sam Bartram.
  • Options
    Derrick Hales 1 of charltons greatest players and probably pele best and bobby charlton
  • Options
    By regret I take it we had to be alive to have stood a chance? If so then it would have to be Zenedine Zidane for me.
  • Options
    I agree with sirjohn, Duncan Edwards, as i saw Best, Law and Charlton at their peak and always wished I could have seen Edwards play.
  • Options

By regret I take it we had to be alive to have stood a chance? If so then it would have to be Zenedine Zidane for me.

Agree. Would have been great to watch him every week. Balletic style. A one off.
  • Options

Also Cory Gibbs and Karim Bagheri. Most of all though I'd have liked to have seen Djimi Traore and Amdy Faye play - just once.
  • Options
    Eric Cantona.
  • Options
    In the flesh Michael Laudrup, Reuben Sosa, and someone not quite as good but just exquisite on his day Recoba.

Fortunately we got to see Bergkamp at the Valley, probably my favourite player of the modern era: Maybe only Gazza the year after the 90 World Cup when he went mental at Luton for Tottenham, in his goalscoring and importance that season.
  • Options
    Stig said:

Also Cory Gibbs and Karim Bagheri. Most of all though I'd have liked to have seen Djimi Traore and Amdy Faye play - just once.
    Imagine all of these footballing gods in one team.... One can only dream....
  • Options
    Messi for me would love to see him play in the flesh not on tv but in a game

Socrates (spelling) also

Pele

For charlton it would be big sam and prob sailor
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dixie Dean, Stan Matthews, Ferenc Puskas
  • Options

luckily I did a few times ...wonderful. wonderful player ...my favourite ever
  • Options

Lucky enough to see him play for us in Les Berry's testimonial game. Got in from school and my old man said we were off to watch a legend play for Charlton.

Pele or Stanley Matthews for me.
  • Options
    Probably Duncan Edwards ...my old man said he was very special
  • Options
    Akinfenwa !
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Has to be Stuart Leary for me given that I started supporting Charlton in season 62/63 and thus would have seen him had he not fallen out with Frank "Tiger" Hill in that pre season.

I was lucky enough to see him play cricket for Kent on quite a few occasions.
  • Options
    Allan Simonsen
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    I saw Hasselbank play for Chelsea but never for Charlton. I regret this.

Sorry, - edit - just noticed that this joke has already been done.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    I saw Best play in Les Berry's testimonial at the Valley and he was brilliant! Simply brilliant! Anybody else remember that game?

Would like to have seen Sam Bartram play - seemed a real character from the biography I read.
  • Options

Messi for me would love to see him play in the flesh not on tv but in a game

Socrates (spelling) also

Pele

For charlton it would be big sam and prob sailor

You've still got a chance of seeing Messi live though NLA, England vs Argentina at Wembley maybe? Charlton at the Nu Camp? ;-)